Ronnie Fieg Collabs - Tracking order link http://shop.kithnyc.com/pages/tracking

Textiles is a low tech and very mature industry all things being equal, same/same in terms of quality of production, the people making the product. This industry has and will always chase the lowest cost for labor unless the location carries value for the brand. On this board, I know I’m in the minority being in the textiles industry. For our products that are made in various US locations and Mexico are of the same quality.

I think made in a specific country does matter to a degree marketing/brand wise. Also specific materials/fabrics are only made in specific factories In specific locations in the world. So if you’re in Milan for example, there may be a specific tailor/brand and the way they design and make a suit and use specific materials is unique to them, that’s bespoke. Most people don’t shop for that since it’s much more expensive.

So how is the quality of the majority of materials used in China?
Not in the U.S. or Mexico, China specifically.

Are brands like Noah just a bunch of smoke and mirrors then?

And you really don't care if the product you purchase is made in China as opposed to U.S., Japan, Portugal, Canada?

-Drew

So how is the quality of the majority of materials used in China?
Not in the U.S. or Mexico, China specifically.

Are brands like Noah just a bunch of smoke and mirrors then?

And you really don't care if the product you purchase is made in China as opposed to U.S., Japan, Portugal, Canada?

-Drew

Would say materials are more readily available in China and other parts of Asia since this is the world’s factory for textiles. All the major players are there and the entire supply chain/ecosystem is there. For example, the fabric mills, fiber mills, cut and sew, etc, all generally located in the same region. You do this to reduce logistics costs. Most everything everyone on theses boards are wearing is fabric from Asia made in cut and sew factories in Asia. Quality wise, with this said, it’s fine. Meaning on par generally speaking with the world.

I don’t know Noah, just looked them up. Appears they’re a design house/brand and they market made in Canada fabric, makes sense as that’s how they separate themselves as a brand from others. So wouldn’t say smoke and mirrors. Funny, they pledge 1% of their sales to nonprofits which means everyone who buys from them pays for that, it’s part of their brand which is common since most people want a story of cause to be part of, that’s part of their story.

I’m very biased toward US manufacturing generally speaking. Not to write my biography but, I’ve spent my career in a few different manufacturing industries in the US and that probably won’t change now. I’ll buy US since I believe personally in keeping Americans gainfully employed. All things being equal I’ll buy a US made good over something else, however I don’t see a real difference in quality. Japan Makes good denim Because they bought the old denim manufacturing equipment from the US. Portugal I’ve visited a lot since my wife is Portuguese and her parents were born there. There is no clothing brand I’m aware of that I’d pick from there, they make great tableware/ceramics and we have a really nice product that’s made there (although not branded as such).

My wife hates going shopping with me, since the cost of tangible products relative to the price I or consumers pay for them is a problem for me. Clothing is incredibly inexpensive to make.

Speaking of Kith and Canada. I like Fieg’s choice of color blocking I see his design and materials selection as being unique and that’s a part of quality. I bought a few of the Kith x Russell hoodies since when I was growing up and couldn’t afford s*it so we wore Russell and I’m older and nostalgic, and stupid. The fabric I’m pretty sure is from Canada. I don’t see the piece as being of higher quality, it’s heavy weight fabric which most people equate as being higher quality. Things has a weird cut which bothers me...

Any way....

Last edited:
Would say materials are more readily available in China and other parts of Asia since this is the world’s factory for textiles. All the major players are there and the entire supply chain/ecosystem is there. For example, the fabric mills, fiber mills, cut and sew, etc, all generally located in the same region. You do this to reduce logistics costs. Most everything everyone on theses boards are wearing is fabric from Asia made in cut and sew factories in Asia. Quality wise, with this said, it’s fine. Meaning on par generally speaking with the world.

I don’t know Noah, just looked them up. Appears they’re a design house/brand and they market made in Canada fabric, makes sense as that’s how they separate themselves as a brand from others. So wouldn’t say smoke and mirrors. Funny, they pledge 1% of their sales to nonprofits which means everyone who buys from them pays for that, it’s part of their brand which is common since most people want a story of cause to be part of, that’s part of their story.

I’m very biased toward US manufacturing generally speaking. Not to write my biography but, I’ve spent my career in a few different manufacturing industries in the US and that probably won’t change now. I’ll buy US since I believe personally in keeping Americans gainfully employed. All things being equal I’ll buy a US made good over something else, however I don’t see a real difference in quality. Japan Makes good denim Because they bought the old denim manufacturing equipment from the US. Portugal I’ve visited a lot since my wife is Portuguese and her parents were born there. There is no clothing brand I’m aware of that I’d pick from there, they make great tableware/ceramics and we have a really nice product that’s made there (although not branded as such).

My wife hates going shopping with me, since the cost of tangible products relative to the price I or consumers pay for them is a problem for me. Clothing is incredibly inexpensive to make.

Speaking of Kith and Canada. I like Fieg’s choice of color blocking I see his design and materials selection as being unique and that’s a part of quality. I bought a few of the Kith x Russell hoodies since when I was growing up and couldn’t afford s*it so we wore Russell and I’m older and nostalgic, and stupid. The fabric I’m pretty sure is from Canada. I don’t see the piece as being of higher quality, it’s heavy weight fabric which most people equate as being higher quality. Things has a weird cut which bothers me...

Any way....
I’m glad there is someone in the industry who can provide a different take on this convo. The blind support America cuz merica reeks of blind nationalism some times.

Any way....

I'm pretty biased as you are and would prefer my clothing made in the U.S. A., Canada, Japan, or Portugal.

Everything that you said is pretty much what I've said these past two pages.

And of Noah, they're a pretty cool brand to look into. They not only source their materials and have them made in Canada. They'll actually take the time to source their materials and have them assembled in factories from said countries like the U.S., Canada, Italy, Honduras, Japan, etc. I took this excerpt straight from their web page:

"As a brand, Noah seeks to take a stand against many of the appalling practices of the fashion industry. Our clothes are made in countries, mills and factories where tradition, expertise and human dignity take precedence over the bottom line. We donate portions of our profits to causes we believe in. We speak out on issues we find important, and try to help give voice to the people and organizations we care about. We do this humbly, but with a firm belief that a responsible brand is a healthy one; that putting our values on the line pushes us to do our best."

-Drew

I’m glad there is someone in the industry who can provide a different take on this convo. The blind support America cuz merica reeks of blind nationalism some times.

You do realize that what he said and what I said is basically in line with each other.

And the problems I have with America is a whole other issue.

"I’m very biased toward US manufacturing generally speaking. Not to write my biography but, I’ve spent my career in a few different manufacturing industries in the US and that probably won’t change now. I’ll buy US since I believe personally in keeping Americans gainfully employed. All things being equal I’ll buy a US made good over something else, however I don’t see a real difference in quality."

-Drew

Last edited:
Do you like Noah? Or do you just like purchasing their Core Logo tees?

-Drew
I’m vert conscious about my purchasing. You can ask folks in the Noah thread about items I cop. I’m old and washed so that brand was made for me lol.

I also have homies work in the industry so this convo is súper interesting to me. This convo is awesome to me and not an argument so I apologize if I came off that way

You do realize that what he said and what I said is basically in line with each other.

And the problems I have with America is a whole other issue.

-Drew
I’m. It knocking what you said. At least you are willing to explain your stance. There are people who use the line cop made in America cuz made ib

I’m vert conscious about my purchasing. You can ask folks in the Noah thread about items I cop. I’m old and washed so that brand was made for me lol.

I also have homies work in the industry so this convo is súper interesting to me. This convo is awesome to me and not an argument so I apologize if I came off that way

I’m. It knocking what you said. At least you are willing to explain your stance. There are people who use the line cop made in America cuz made ib

Apology accepted, man. No worries.

I can agree with you that some people just like to brag about the pieces that they wear are made in _______ and it can just get annoying when they don't even understand or explain why they're proud of it.

I do like my Made In Portugal Noah pieces though. They left a good impression on me with clothing made from that area. I can't lie about that.

-Drew

Apology accepted, man. No worries.

I can agree with you that some people just like to brag about the pieces that they wear are made in _______ and it can just get annoying when they don't even understand or explain why they're proud of it.

I do like my Made In Portugal Noah pieces though. They left a good impression on me with clothing made from that area. I can't lie about that.

-Drew
Their flannels are awesome! I have a lot of their cut and sew stuff. I usually wait until deep discount to cop though

I'm pretty biased as you are and would prefer my clothing made in the U.S. A., Canada, Japan, or Portugal.

Everything that you said is pretty much what I've said these past two pages.

And of Noah, they're a pretty cool brand to look into. They not only source their materials and have them made in Canada. They'll actually take the time to source their materials and have them assembled in factories from said countries like the U.S., Canada, Italy, Honduras, Japan, etc. I took this excerpt straight from their web page:

"As a brand, Noah seeks to take a stand against many of the appalling practices of the fashion industry. Our clothes are made in countries, mills and factories where tradition, expertise and human dignity take precedence over the bottom line. We donate portions of our profits to causes we believe in. We speak out on issues we find important, and try to help give voice to the people and organizations we care about. We do this humbly, but with a firm belief that a responsible brand is a healthy one; that putting our values on the line pushes us to do our best."

-Drew

Took a look this AM. They have a fabrics page and break things down nicely. Now I’m curious and want to know more about them. They source fleece/cotton from Canada. Highly likely it’s the same mills as Russell and Champion use. I’m not familiar with Portuguese fabric, may ask my wife to check it out. Italy makes sense, personally Like their jacquard twill. But I echo what JPS said...I’m old and washed.

Drew, JPS where are you located?

should've done it
Haha wife just said the same thing

Screenshot_20200517-201015_Gmail.jpg

Took a look this AM. They have a fabrics page and break things down nicely. Now I’m curious and want to know more about them. They source fleece/cotton from Canada. Highly likely it’s the same mills as Russell and Champion use. I’m not familiar with Portuguese fabric, may ask my wife to check it out. Italy makes sense, personally Like their jacquard twill. But I echo what JPS said...I’m old and washed.

Drew, JPS where are you located?
Im in NJ.
Also, Noah doesn’t use CYC anymore. They switched to stateline, a US made brand

Anyone find it weird? I thought all proceeds went to charity, I understand they didn’t hit their mark at basically 5K raffles tickets bought but to mention that Ronnie is donating his own 50k is like some kind of weird flex. Did the raffle not do well? Was there a data breach? Most likely not many wanted to do the raffle because of the low odds of receiving the shoes but to give back the donation only to use his personal money for it kindve sounds fishy to me🤷🏽‍♂️ He couldve matched what was bought or there wasn’t enough to match so he said whatever and gave everyone’s money back.

Anyone find it weird? I thought all proceeds went to charity, I understand they didn’t hit their mark at basically 5K raffles tickets bought but to mention that Ronnie is donating his own 50k is like some kind of weird flex. Did the raffle not do well? Was there a data breach? Most likely not many wanted to do the raffle because of the low odds of receiving the shoes but to give back the donation only to use his personal money for it kindve sounds fishy to me🤷🏽‍♂️ He couldve matched what was bought or there wasn’t enough to match so he said whatever and gave everyone’s money back.
I found it to be a cool gesture by him. I'd be surprised if they didn't have 5k raffle tickets. Should have kept the money and tacked on 50k though.

Back
Top Bottom