ROOTS Getting a Remake

You're buggin saying black people are lost and hype over a Roots remake. Believe it or not, every black person hasn't seen Roots. I don't care how people get it, og or remake but there's a message and it's informative. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but you jumped out the window calling people lost for tuning in. And it sounds twice as wild coming from a black mans mouth.
24 Year old co-worker of mine has been touched by this new Roots. He never saw the old Roots. S

24 Year old co-worker of mine has been touched by this new Roots. He never saw the old Roots. S

Yeah man thats why they made this remake and I was against it at first but it made sense. I am about to check out the pilot

The underground show was pretty dope and raw too

I want a Mansa Musa movie.

Richest man there ever was :smokin

:pimp:

But it has to be done by us. Hollywood can't get Egypt movies right....imagine one about Mansa Musa :lol:.

Gon have him played by Channing Tatum with a "tan"!
None of these visionless white guys in Hollywood would even bother. Probably think of a ton of dumb reasons not to do it and why it wouldn't make money.

None of these visionless white guys in Hollywood would even bother. Probably think of a ton of dumb reasons not to do it and why it wouldn't make money.

Word. I think that Black Panther movie doing good at the Box office will open the flood gates in a good way for those type of movies though.

Last edited:
Word. I think that Black Panther movie doing good at the Box office will open the flood gates in a good way for those type of movies though.

i was like wait are they making a panther remake? but then i realized you talking bout the marvel comics character lol

panther was a movie from the mid 90's about the black panther party

I mean this is different, unfortunately black panther already has a following of Marvel fans although its going to be a movie about an African King, the average white or even black person knows nothing about Massa Musa.

The American audience is still not mature enough for an epic, historic movie about Africa.

I agree after thinking it over. I dont think the general American public is ready for one about Africa.

Watching episode 3 and this Gun duel is the DUMBEST thing I've ever seen. Aren't they supposed to be back to back, walk turn around and shoot? They are just taking turns firing at the each other? :stoneface:  
A long while ago I thought the same but that's mainly for western. What went down is actually historically accurate.

When it comes to "gentlemen", duels, and demanding satisfaction they would literally stand a # of paces a part from each other. Flip a coin or something to determine who shot first. Then proving they were real men would shoot at each other one at a time not moving when shot at. If nobody yielded or was dead after 3 shots each (or they ran out of bullets) then swords and fisticuffs would come out :lol: until they gave up or died.

That's how it was for 200 years in America with some variations until the wild west where it was all shooting at each other the same time and being a quicker draw. I assume cuz by then guns were better made, more accurate when it came to aiming, and you could shoot 6 bullets under 10 seconds.

There's a duel on the show Turn: Washington's Spies in its 2nd season where they do the same. Some wild **** :rofl:

Great mini-series.

never seen the original in full.

We all seem to know the truth, but to be reminded of it in a series such as this, and seeing in theatrical detail, the stories of strength and courage; makes a man proud.

10/10

I love how a roots thread has African Americans attacking each other (Despite the claims of the purpose of the remake). Great job, you should be proud of yourselves.

Personally I am fatigued by these, but it's in the queue when I'm ready.

Last edited:
You're buggin saying black people are lost and hype over a Roots remake. Believe it or not, every black person hasn't seen Roots. I don't care how people get it, og or remake but there's a message and it's informative. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but you jumped out the window calling people lost for tuning in.

It took me a long time to finally watch the original, and I'm sure many haven't watched it. If a movie wasn't released during your generation it's easy to not see it. Plus it's a movie that you don't really want to see, because it is a painful reminder. I wouldn't call it entertaining like the average movie you go see.

Black history as a whole is slowly being erased in to being so called American History, in which we'll be covered even less. Look at Texas. So this story should be told.

Back
Top Bottom