ROOTS Getting a Remake

All this does is perpetuate the role of black people in American society. There have been 1000s of kings and queens throughout African history why not depict them as such. Before yall hop on my ****. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself has much really changed since The first ROOTS??? now tell me how is a new roots suppose to help this new snapchat, instagram generation on how things were? Nters never ask why a person feels a certain way. Just because someone has a different opinion from yours gives you no right to simply cut them out of the conversation.... yall dudes need enlightment

All this does is perpetuate the role of black people in American society. There have been 1000s of kings and queens throughout African history why not depict them as such. Before yall hop on my ****. Take a look in the mirror and ask yourself has much really changed since The first ROOTS??? now tell me how is a new roots suppose to help this new snapchat, instagram generation on how things were? Nters never ask why a person feels a certain way. Just because someone has a different opinion from yours gives you no right to simply cut them out of the conversation.... yall dudes need enlightment

What does one story being told have to do with another being told? I can't listen to Brand Nubian AND NWA? If anything it can be a gateway for someone to learn more on their own. Because Roots isn't told, they're going to do a Shaka Zulu remake?

And why shouldn't you honor our forefathers who survived and persevered for us? We should just forget about them, because it's too painful, a bad moment in history? We're not the ones that should be embarrassed by it. And part of what's holding us back is slavery and nearly hundred years of Jim Crow. So people should know what we overcame and endured. So we don't forget how strong we are.

Jewish people won't ever let you forget the holocaust or what they've endured throughout history.

You think we're watching this movie laughing n ****? It's a very uncomfortable series to watch, some touching scenes aside.
I actually did laugh a little at Roots when I first saw Forrest Whitaker's character in that wig....  :frown: 

one thing these movies show me is how back then the slaves seemed to have more sense of family, community, and respect for where they come from than we seem to have now --- despite all the horrible things they were going through

not sure why we have to keep looking at the negative side of it..... 

probably shouldn't have said that cause NT will manipulate it but whatever 

it's Friday.... 

ehh its kinda like Holocaust films...some people get off reliving history, whatever floats ur boat right?
i understand, but these guys simply cant seem to figure out why any black person wouldn't wanna watch it.. just because i disagree i'm a immature 16 yr old caucasian girl. 

What does one story being told have to do with another being told? I can't listen to Brand Nubian AND NWA? If anything it can be a gateway for someone to learn more on their own. Because Roots isn't told, they're going to do a Shaka Zulu remake?

And why shouldn't you honor our forefathers who survived and persevered for us? We should just forget about them, because it's too painful, a bad moment in history? We're not the ones that should be embarrassed by it. And part of what's holding us back is slavery and nearly hundred years of Jim Crow. So people should know what we overcame and endured. So we don't forget how strong we are.

Jewish people won't ever let you forget the holocaust or what they've endured throughout history.
2 different types of groups , the only similiarities they have is that they're  black and rap, other than that,  that analogy is void... try again

This is nt. When someone has a difference of opinion they take personal shots.
I see, i even went back to see if i was ranting and calling people names , but i simply gave an explanation to why i refuse to watch it and im called a 16 yr old white girl... okay i guess,. 

This is nt. When someone has a difference of opinion they take personal shots.
I see, i even went back to see if i was ranting and calling people names , but i simply gave an explanation to why i refuse to watch it and im called a 16 yr old white girl... okay i guess,. 

you must've violated someone's mental safe space, that causes trauma to their fragile minds when someone disagrees with them :lol:

2 different types of groups , the only similiarities they have is that they're  black and rap, other than that,  that analogy is void... try again

That was the point, but you seem to have a hard time grasping anything beyond those in your little head. Have a nice day yo.

Someone mentioned a Shaka Zulu remake, the world is not ready for that yet. The original was a classic, America will find a way to ruin it.

Shaka Zulu starring Ben Affleck and CGI. :x

I've got an idea for a movie "the last ***** on earth" starring tom hanks

You're buggin saying black people are lost and hype over a Roots remake. Believe it or not, every black person hasn't seen Roots. I don't care how people get it, og or remake but there's a message and it's informative. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but you jumped out the window calling people lost for tuning in. And it sounds twice as wild coming from a black mans mouth.

Last edited:
I can give Snoop a slide on his own career. He gonna keep that gimmick up cuz that's his brand now and what has led him to be one of the more successful rappers coming out of hip hop.

However, this dude isn't putting his money where his mouth is. He's not producing any movies that contribute to us or anything like that. Same old caricatures and stereotypes for the most part.

Im 33 yr old black man. Excuse me for not wanting to watch my people get raped lynched and mutilated..
Maybe you just not smart enough to process what you're really watching?

Last edited:
Someone mentioned a Shaka Zulu remake, the world is not ready for that yet. The original was a classic, America will find a way to ruin it.

Shaka Zulu starring Ben Affleck and CGI. :x
I want a Mansa Musa movie.

Richest man there ever was :smokin

Back
Top Bottom