ROSHE ONE (NOT for RUNNING) - FAQs (pg1) (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING!!!)

Is popularity and hype not one and the same? Yeah the Yeezy thing, blah, it is what it is. Personally I think anything Yeezy, aside from his production (which is amazing) is trash and that's including his rapping skills and shoes. But think of it this way, yeah stock got ate by "resellers" but the can't be that unless you have collectors looking to add this to their collection on a permanent basis. Sucks they have to pay a premium but that's not new to Roshe. It's happened with the Siren, Calypso, and Mango right (coincidentally those 3 colorways can be closely tied to Yeezy and South Beach colorways as well)? So the hype/popularity has been there, nothing new to be upset about. Be happy your loved shoe is getting its recognition with some flashy hooker makeup. Lol

Perfect example would be Nike Frees. They are mad popular but is there hype around it??? Throw in Yeezy and people will go nuts.

Is popularity and hype not one and the same? Yeah the Yeezy thing, blah, it is what it is. Personally I think anything Yeezy, aside from his production (which is amazing) is trash and that's including his rapping skills and shoes. But think of it this way, yeah stock got ate by "resellers" but the can't be that unless you have collectors looking to add this to their collection on a permanent basis. Sucks they have to pay a premium but that's not new to Roshe. It's happened with the Siren, Calypso, and Mango right (coincidentally those 3 colorways can be closely tied to Yeezy and South Beach colorways as well)? So the hype/popularity has been there, nothing new to be upset about. Be happy your loved shoe is getting its recognition with some flashy hooker makeup. Lol

Perfect example would be Nike Frees. They are mad popular but is there hype around it??? Throw in Yeezy and people will go nuts.

Now that i think about it you cant really blame people....all these sneaker blogs and sites and even finishline labeled them yeezy's so of course people are going to go crazy for them.

Never understood the conceptual hate of something going mainstream. When it's under the radar all you hear from Roshe consumers is how great the shoe is and how so many people are "sleeping" on it so once you Roshe consumers wake up that sleeping giant suddenly it's the worst thing ever and sad? This is common with music artist, the initial fan base is always bitter once what they "love" finally reaches a successful level of notoriety. Y'all should be happy!

What's that saying anything that so good can only be "underground" for so long before it becomes mainstream

Listen alright, everyone here needs to relax. Once all this "yeezy" nonsense is all said and done, all of the people who came here just for the "yeezys" and leeching off the info will be soon gone once everything is said and done.

Hang in there everybody

Listen alright, everyone here needs to relax. Once all this "yeezy" nonsense is all said and done, all of the people who came here just for the "yeezys" and leeching off the info will be soon gone once everything is said and done.

Hang in there everybody

Unless they come out with another "yeezy" colorway lol

Yeah they are popular with runners but Nike doesn't have a stop production time table on them right? Nike doesn't need the Yeezy name attached to help bolster sales of that shoe. When they sell out Nike makes more. The hype isn't built on colors, it's built on Nike stopping production. If Yeezy shoes, 1 or 2, were produced at the rate of Air Force Ones they would've gone the waste side the likes of the Jay Z and 50 Cent collabs with Reebok, lol! That production stop puts people in a panic, not the shoe or colorway itself. I say that to say this, "hype" is somewhat of an illusion. Two shoes can have identical demand at a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 but that 10,000 pair release will seem so much more "hyped" than that 500,000 pair release despite the want being the same. Perhaps they didn't make that many pairs of these.

Yeah they are popular with runners but Nike doesn't have a stop production time table on them right? Nike doesn't need the Yeezy name attached to help bolster sales of that shoe. When they sell out Nike makes more. The hype isn't built on colors, it's built on Nike stopping production. If Yeezy shoes, 1 or 2, were produced at the rate of Air Force Ones they would've gone the waste side the likes of the Jay Z and 50 Cent collabs with Reebok, lol! That production stop puts people in a panic, not the shoe or colorway itself. I say that to say this, "hype" is somewhat of an illusion. Two shoes can have identical demand at a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 but that 10,000 pair release will seem so much more "hyped" than that 500,000 pair release despite the want being the same. Perhaps they didn't make that many pairs of these.
I somewhat agree...but it needs to be said...The Jay Z and 50 cent collabs were wack as HELL....The Yeezys IMO are a good looking shoe lol

So Terrible

needless to say, it went exactly how i thought it would.

i woke up at 8 to check if they were up at usual release time, refreshed the early link and nothing..

proceeded to live life like a human being and take a shower to get ready for work.

of course i get out of the shower and have 4 txt notifications that they dropped and sold out within 5 minutes.

im sorry but i had to get ready for work. some people have responsibilities.

i cant get mad at myself for missing a pair of shoes to go take and shower and get money for the day.

I guess i should just go ahead and pull the trigger on some savage selling for $140 and chalk it up that i'm working for "free" today. smh.

sad that the other two colorways are sitting there and the only one that sold out was the one that the stupid dude running fnl twitter labeled as yeezy. of course!

might just scoop up those other 2 colorways since they are real nice and i was wearing my sport red's last night getting amped for some new colorways. :nerd:

Honestly, I like my mint FBs, but the Orange/Brown FBs are the best colorway out of the 3. The Orange/ Browns are amazing in person.

:lol:

Seen finishline tweet something about "Yeezy" Roshe Runs and then tweet again like 15 mins later that they sold out. Came on NT to see if people were really that thirsty for them and my question was answered before I even posted. Has any other Roshe sold out at all, let alone in 15 mins? Hypebeasts in full effect this morning :lol:.

I somewhat agree...but it needs to be said...The Jay Z and 50 cent collabs were wack as HELL....The Yeezys IMO are a good looking shoe lol

True indeed BUT people associate "Yeezy" with "Extremely Limited". Nobody ever ask will a Yeezy be a GR or limited release, it's automatically assumed its a super hyperdiaper Quickstrike. That's simply where that perceived hype is generated from and that's why the name was given to this Roshe Colorway. I don't think there were that many pairs released this go round. Regardless hope I was able to help some collectors yesterday with my common sense tip on ordering. Congrats to all the Broshe that got jiggy with this ish!

Seen finishline tweet something about "Yeezy" Roshe Runs and then tweet again like 15 mins later that they sold out. Came on NT to see if people were really that thirsty for them and my question was answered before I even posted. Has any other Roshe sold out at all, let alone in 15 mins? Hypebeasts in full effect this morning :lol:.

this might be a new record :lol:

The Calypsos last year sold out pretty quick. Currently those are the most expansive colorway on the market followed by Mangos and Sirens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom