Round 2 Game 2| Cavaliers vs Celtics| Mon. May 3rd, 2010| 8pm ET on TNT

Is it game 3 yet?
laugh.gif
5 days in between a game. That has to be a record.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

no the reason why u want celtics over cavs is because u dont want lebron taking any spotlight from old man kobe. be honest. stop lying to yourself

Please, don't fool me with one of those Kobe riders.  What do you know, do you check the Laker game thread at all?? 

You will see the abundance of Cavs fans in there talking $#+$.     I can care less about LeBron taking the spotlight. Get over yourself.

either way as a Lakers fan you shouldn't ever be pulling for the C's.
Why wouldn't a Laker fan want the chance to beat the team that bullied them in the finals in 2008 ? These are the two most successful franchises in the NBA. I STILL want to play the Diamondbacks in the World Series again and beat the snot out of them because of how much 2001 hurt. For instance look at the Phillies these dudes are thirsty for a rematch of last years World Series, this is what championship teams do but you wouldn't know anything about that though.

This thread has just turned stupid. Of course Lakers fan are going to root for the Celtics. LeBron has been unreal this season. There is no question he can take control of games. Why would the Lakers look forward to facing that? Why not instead try to face a team that is considerably older and thus more prone to tiring (there depth is questionable) in the finals (IF they get there... IF!!!) that will be 3 series and at least 18 games in (no way they beat the Cavs in less than 6 and the Magic in less than 6)? I mean who cares...it's a NET positive for a Lakers fan to root for the Celtics in this specific situation.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

This thread has just turned stupid. Of course Lakers fan are going to root for the Celtics. LeBron has been unreal this season. There is no question he can take control of games. Why would the Lakers look forward to facing that? Why not instead try to face a team that is considerably older and thus more prone to tiring (there depth is questionable) in the finals (IF they get there... IF!!!) that will be 3 series and at least 18 games in (no way they beat the Cavs in less than 6 and the Magic in less than 6)? I mean who cares...it's a NET positive for a Lakers fan to root for the Celtics in this specific situation.
Exactly, and to add more to your point me and my dad are both Yankee fans after we won the ALDS last year  i wanted the red sox to beat the angels because i knew they would be a easier match up for us since i was terrified of the angels before the  ALCS last year. My dad actually wanted anaheim to win because he felt it was our year that we finally get over that hump playing the angels. It goes both ways you can't tell no one who they wish to play every fan has different reasons why he wants his or her team to play another. Like this "be scared of the big bad cavs" talk kills me like what the  $^#@ have the cavs done to deserve this reputation to be feared in the playoffs?

Stupid logic. If the C's beat the Cavs, they're the better team, therefore you're worse off rooting for the better team.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Stupid logic. If the C's beat the Cavs, they're the better team, therefore you're worse off rooting for the better team.

That's the case either way right? I mean then they shouldn't pay attention to this series at all except....

I mean "better" is subjective right? Aren't many playoff series a function of styles? If I was a Lakers fan, I would rather see the Celtics than the Cavs because of LeBron.

That's the case either way right? I mean then they shouldn't pay attention to this series at all except....

I mean "better" is subjective right? Aren't many playoff series a function of styles? If I was a Lakers fan, I would rather see the Celtics than the Cavs because of LeBron.
Sure, but in the end one guy doesn't win championships. Teams win them. Lebron has been here time and time again, and still doesn't have the guys around him to win a championship. Shaq? Are you kidding me? Jamison? LOL. Mo Williams? Please.

Cavs will not win a championship, guaranteed. Not with these players.

Sure, but in the end one guy doesn't win championships. Teams win them. Lebron has been here time and time again, and still doesn't have the guys around him to win a championship. Shaq? Are you kidding me? Jamison? LOL. Mo Williams? Please.

Look I'm not trying to disagree with you that either team is an appealing option for the Lakers. However, I would rather play the Celtics instead of the Cavs because of LeBron. He has been that good this year.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Part of it is me being too busy, the other part is seeing how many ignorant fans/homers come out for the playoffs. 

btw you're still one of the cavs fans out there who has his head on straight and plays it cool

what planet are you from???
roll.gif

there's a lot of things that factor into laker fans rooting preferring the celtics in the finals. a main reason why i'd rather see the celtics beat the cavs is because the lakers would have homecourt if both teams made it to the finals. that and better matchups.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i dont think it was a travel as well...he actually DIDNT take 2 steps before that jumpstop
yes he did and that is what makes it a travel

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by Prince Of Shoes HEAD

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

What's good with Lakers fans pulling for the Celtics? Not allowed last time I checked. It leads me to believe people are feeling Kobe a bit more than the Lakers and are pulling for Kobe in the Kobe/Lebron battle, which doesn't really exist. What does exist is 17-15.

I just wanna sooth the pain from 08
laugh.gif
smh.gif
same here... 
+3

Likewise. Ain't no Laker fan cheering for the Celtics cuz we want them to succeed, naw...it's cause we wanna beat the brakes off that *%%.
you dont under stand the pain i was going thru when the lakers lost!! 08 was the Kobe season to shut up the world! i want REVENGE! 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
4real tho...If Lebron stays with the Cavs we could easily get the Lakers Cavs matchup in the finals next year, but there's a good chance this is the last year the lakers have their chance to get revenge on the Celtics since Allen might leave and KG is slowly breaking down...

Back
Top Bottom