ROY PREDICTIONS? I GOT 5 ON MAYO

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

My point is...even if he does "take away" who's to say that it "lessons" your chances. Amare won it with 2 all stars on his team so I'm still not following that logic.
Erm, not to nitpick, but who's the other all-star? Nash was still in a Mavs uni in 02-03.

I believe it lessons his chances because there are two other players out there who will have a huge impact on their new teams, Oden and Mayo.
Steph
Was he an all-star in PHO? I didn't know, fair enough.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by kangsoh1

I think Mayo has the worst shot selection out of the 4.

Couldnt be more wrong.
So let me get this straight,you think OJ Mayo has a better shot selection than.....

1. Greg Oden- Low post player who probably wont average more than 8-10 shots this year
2. Derrick Rose- A pass 1st point guard without a consistent midrange jumpshot.(He knows that also)
3. Micheal Beasley- A scoring machine without forcing the issue

Which one out of the 3????? Explain why because Im trying to understand where your coming from...

ALright my bad. You are 66% correct. There is NO WAY IN HELL that anyone can possibly say that Rose has a better ROY chance than Mayo. No way. Mayo is going toplay constistant minutes. Rose will not. On that simple fact alone, there is NO WAY that someone can convince me that Rose has a better chance than Mayo. Noshot.

My point is...even if he does "take away" who's to say that it "lessons" your chances. Amare won it with 2 all stars on his team so I'm still not following that logic.
Erm, not to nitpick, but who's the other all-star? Nash was still in a Mavs uni in 02-03.

I believe it lessons his chances because there are two other players out there who will have a huge impact on their new teams, Oden and Mayo.
Steph
Was he an all-star in PHO? I didn't know, fair enough.
Steph was definitely an all star that year playing with the Suns.And Steve Nash didnt join the Suns till 04-05

ROY is either Beasley or Mayo, Beasley with the slight edge since the heat to me seem like theyll make a playoff push wit DWade back at full strength.

Beasley.

But for the long run...I still like Greg and Rose better.

And I needed a place to post this...funny opinions are changing now..
Putting too much stock in preseason games is a dangerous thing, but we like to live on the edge here. So with that, we'll go out on a limb and say that Indiana rookie Roy Hibbert is already better than half the centers in the NBA.

If you believe that's an indictment on more than half the centers in the NBA, you're right.

But Hibbert is good. He's active in many ways, longer than a ... well, you know. And he's got some nice touch around the basket. He even is moving out to the elbow for face-up jump shots. In short, he looks like another player who stayed in college and is reaping the benefits by being more NBA ready as a rookie.

No love for Bayless
smh.gif

Dude will be the best player out of last years draft mark it down.

Originally Posted by Uter Zorker

No love for Bayless
smh.gif

Dude will be the best player out of last years draft mark it down.

That's a possibility but this year(at least starting out) he's gonna be behind Roy, Blake and Rudy in the rotation. He's currently behindRodriguez, too.

Mayo just because it seems like he has the best chance to stick out. Rudy is good but Mayo should have higher scoring numbers. Beasely has to compete withmarion and wade while Oden is on an already good and really balanced team. Rose has the 2nd best chance IMO (obviously). An out of the dark pick Brandon Rush,just because.

oly8-rudy-fernandez-dunks-dwight-howard-big.jpg

I know everyone talks a lot about Rose, Beasly and Oden but what about Rudy? Did you all forget about him. Have you seen him so far in the pre-season? I thinkRudy has just as much a chance as anyone.

Now here is a prediction. I am gonna say that the Rookies will beat the Sophomores this year at the ASG. Rose, Beasly, Rudy, Love, Oden.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

Mayo just because it seems like he has the best chance to stick out. Rudy is good but Mayo should have higher scoring numbers
laugh.gif

Dog...Rudy put up 20 a game last year. You saying he's going to come in and drop over a dub each game or that Rudy's numbers are going down? Either wayyou're out of your mind.

Im thinking Beasley as well, i would love to see Mayo take it but i see him finishing 3rd behind Oden and Beasley.

I dont think one is playing despite practicing all this week ... the other will have 2 td catches ... or did i miss something?

i forgot to say... dont forget about oden... hes considered a rookie since he was injured all of last year... but ya i wouldnt be surprised if his teamate rudygets it... hes nice...

Originally Posted by JONFARR

oly8-rudy-fernandez-dunks-dwight-howard-big.jpg

I know everyone talks a lot about Rose, Beasly and Oden but what about Rudy? Did you all forget about him. Have you seen him so far in the pre-season? I think Rudy has just as much a chance as anyone.

Now here is a prediction. I am gonna say that the Rookies will beat the Sophomores this year at the ASG. Rose, Beasly, Rudy, Love, Oden.
pimp.gif
That alley oop reverse lay up against the Kings
sick.gif

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

Mayo just because it seems like he has the best chance to stick out. Rudy is good but Mayo should have higher scoring numbers
laugh.gif

Dog...Rudy put up 20 a game last year. You saying he's going to come in and drop over a dub each game or that Rudy's numbers are going down? Either way you're out of your mind.
nerd.gif
?

Rudy Fernandez?

As much of a Rudy fan as I am, I don't see him getting his shine until next year, there's too many guys in front of him that he has to work to getahead of.

Why is everyone saying Oden? Is he still considered a rookie because he didn't play last year, even though he was drafted in 07?

Oden if he's a rookie.
Mayo if not.

The only thing that will or can stop Beasley from winning ROY is his defense.

If he can be consistent on defense he will get more minutes and put up better numbers, which will = ROY easily.

Originally Posted by MDterps4

Why is everyone saying Oden? Is he still considered a rookie because he didn't play last year, even though he was drafted in 07?

Oden if he's a rookie.
Mayo if not.
Correct, he has rookie eligibility because he didn't play a single regular season game last year.

Back
Top Bottom