RUMOR: Nash to Toronto

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Nash has been exposed this year for a system player. Dude just ain't nice without D'antoni.

yeah, 15 and 8 in the anti nash offense, while shooting the ball at a ridiculously efficient level, he sure sucks.
eyes.gif

Jose Calderon is a good player and will get somewhat better. But he won't improve so much that he and Bosh will be able to deliver a championship or asolid playoff run.

Colangelo KNOWS that he needs a BIG name on that team to keep Bosh there when the 2012 free agency period hits. If they're generally at the same level asthey are now, Bosh has every reason to bounce.

Jose is good, will be better, but not to the point where he'll be THAT player. Steve Nash is on the decline, his skills are heading in the oppositedirection as Jose, but he has two important things that make him more valuable to Colangelo: 1) His money comes off the books to sign a big free agent and 2)If he stays around for cheap, he provides more incentive for superstars to sign with the team.

Originally Posted by Kidskillz858

- Suns owner Roert Sarver is a known cheap bastard and is probably looking to cut salary and wants to stop paying the luxury tax. Nash is making $12 million this year and has a option for $13 million next season.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

So true. Trading/Selling draft picks WHENEVER possible.

Nash has been exposed this year for a system player. Dude just ain't nice without D'antoni.
I think Nash is still a nice guy, with or without D'Antoni.

How do you give someone kudos, cuz I need to give this dude some.
pimp.gif

I love how everyone is saying Nash will be back home. When's the last time that Nash actually lived in Canada? And even then, he's from BC which is onthe other side of the country. I doubt Nash cares much about playing in Canada.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

IMO this would put the Raptors up there with Detroit, Boston and Cleveland. Well maybe if they made one more trade. Who would their SG and SF be?
[Bobby V]Slooooooooowwwwwww Doooowwwwwnnnn [Bobby V]

Boston and Cleveland are on an island by themselves, Detroit is 2nd tier, I think Toronto can get in that discussion, butnobody is touchin Boston or Cleveland.

I agree with 'Kicks R Me', I dont think Nash going to Toronto would be such a big deal. Dude is from British Columbia which is like 5 hours away fromToronto. Plus, it's the Canadian media that has labelled him the poster child for Canadian b-ball, dude hasn't represented Canada for quite some timenow.

I think Nash is a very good player but the only reason I do this trade is to get some immediate cap relief. As of right now, only Bosh (opt-out clause),Bargnani, Kapono and Calderon have contracts past 2010. If we can get rid of Kapono and Calderon this team will have tremendous flexibility 2 summers from nowand can build the team from scratch.

Nash, Bosh, O'Neal, Bargnani, Parker is still a .500 team IMO.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I agree with 'Kicks R Me', I dont think Nash going to Toronto would be such a big deal. Dude is from British Columbia which is like 5 hours away from Toronto. Plus, it's the Canadian media that has labelled him the poster child for Canadian b-ball, dude hasn't represented Canada for quite some time now.

You absolutely cannot knock Nash for his loyalty to the National Program. Just because he hasn't played for them in a few years doesn't mean he hasntput in his time.

He has logged over 100 games for Canada Basketball in his lifetime, at various levels, from his youth to his pro days. Id say that's repping somethingfierce.

Steve Nash wasnt labled as the poster boy, he just is.

The things he has done for Canadian Basketball as a whole are immeasurable.

Simply winning the MVP (just once even, nevermind the 2nd one) brought so much exposure to the game of basketball for the nation's youth. Canadian youthare excited to play basketball because of Steve Nash. It expanded the game to heights that were as of the time unseen in Canada.

Steve Nash is the single most important person in the history of Canadian Basketball. (well, maybe, except for that naismith fellow).

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

yeah, 15 and 8 in the anti nash offense, while shooting the ball at a ridiculously efficient level, he sure sucks.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

I agree with 'Kicks R Me', I dont think Nash going to Toronto would be such a big deal. Dude is from British Columbia which is like 5 hours away from Toronto. Plus, it's the Canadian media that has labelled him the poster child for Canadian b-ball, dude hasn't represented Canada for quite some time now.

You absolutely cannot knock Nash for his loyalty to the National Program. Just because he hasn't played for them in a few years doesn't mean he hasnt put in his time.

He has logged over 100 games for Canada Basketball in his lifetime, at various levels, from his youth to his pro days. Id say that's repping something fierce.

Steve Nash wasnt labled as the poster boy, he just is.

The things he has done for Canadian Basketball as a whole are immeasurable.

Simply winning the MVP (just once even, nevermind the 2nd one) brought so much exposure to the game of basketball for the nation's youth. Canadian youth are excited to play basketball because of Steve Nash. It expanded the game to heights that were as of the time unseen in Canada.

Steve Nash is the single most important person in the history of Canadian Basketball. (well, maybe, except for that naismith fellow).
I'm not saying he isn't loyal, Nash has done his part for the national program and you can't knock him for looking out for himself athis age.

Nash coming to Toronto would be cool but I don't see it as such a big deal because British Columbia and Ontario are two completely different places. Nashdoesn't have many ties to the city of Toronto.

During his tenure in the NBA Nash has never been as popular as American players like Jordan, VC, T-Mac, Kobe, LeBron, etc even during his 2 MVP seasons.

I think that Canadian youth have always loved to play basketball, even without Nash, it would be one of the most popular sports among young people. Hockey isunaffordable, it's too cold to play soccer, football and baseball all-year-round. Basketball is the only affordable sport that can be played any time ofthe year in Canada.

I think Nash is a very good player but the only reason I do this trade is to get some immediate cap relief. As of right now, only Bosh (opt-out clause), Bargnani, Kapono and Calderon have contracts past 2010. If we can get rid of Kapono and Calderon this team will have tremendous flexibility 2 summers from now and can build the team from scratch.

Realllly....

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

I think Nash is a very good player but the only reason I do this trade is to get some immediate cap relief. As of right now, only Bosh (opt-out clause), Bargnani, Kapono and Calderon have contracts past 2010. If we can get rid of Kapono and Calderon this team will have tremendous flexibility 2 summers from now and can build the team from scratch.

Realllly....
laugh.gif

In the summer, its a 5 hour drive from Saskatoon to Edmonton, 7 hour drive to Calgary from Saskatoon, 14 hour drive to Kelowna, and I would assume around a 20hour drive to Vancouver... all from Saskatoon mind you
laugh.gif

Considering that Saskatoon is over a 30 hour drive from Toronto... So just add a 0 to the original statement and then its close enough
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Realllly....
Yes......

airplane-takeoff%202.preview.jpg

people must be slow as hell to assume tevez meant bc and ontario is a 5 hour drive and not plane ride.

roll.gif

i count at least 3 people who didnt immediately think airplane.

c'mon the Raptors play at The AIR CANADA CENTRE.
laugh.gif

Now that I think about it, this trade seems like it could work. Calderon is steady, and really good, but he has some bad tendencies. He makes up his mind towho he wants to pass to beforehand, and no matter the coverage, he'll do it, most of the time ignoring the open man on the wing or someone cutting thebaseline. Nash never does that. And yes, Nash would make Bargnani look like Nowitzki

Back
Top Bottom