RUMOR: Possible Black University Red Air Jordan 6 Holiday 2017

Looking at this picture, it's safe to assume that jb is not dropping the reverse infrared IF we assume that JB is dropping releases on the table. Blue 4 confirmed, Gatorade kindve confirmed, taxi 12 is rumored, and 9s already dropped. Looking at the pic it's also clear to me that those aren't the 2014 infrareds because they'd be brighter and pinkish.
  Might be crazy but those 6s to the right of the 9 are nice.  Those would be mine if released.

Might be crazy but those 6s to the right of the 9 are nice.  Those would be mine if released.

Looking at the picture, look VERY CLOSELY at the edge of the shoe. These aren't reverse infras and they have blue clear soles..

It's amazing how it's been 17 years and we STILL haven't gotten a true OG black Infrared 6 retro with Nike Air in the back.

Is it really?

For like 15 of those 17 years, NOTHING except for the 2013 White Cement IIIs got Nike Air on the heel.

The door for a Black Infrared "OG" release only truly opened 2 years ago.

Is it really?

For like 15 of those 17 years, NOTHING except for the 2013 White Cement IIIs got Nike Air on the heel.

The door for a Black Infrared "OG" release only truly opened 2 years ago.

You're right, that's when they began doing remastered stuff

To me, the 2014 black infrared was an unofficial remaster attempt before they were talking about it out loud.  3M with OG style box, black paper, and "Nikebuck"' aka pretend durabuck, along with the WAY over done infrared color. If Nike Air would have been put on that shoe, it may have been viewed as a remaster.?  I think they tried to do to much with the shoe, but one of my favorites anyways. 

To me, the 2014 black infrared was an unofficial remaster attempt before they were talking about it out loud.  3M with OG style box, black paper, and "Nikebuck"' aka pretend durabuck, along with the WAY over done infrared color. If Nike Air would have been put on that shoe, it may have been viewed as a remaster.?  I think they tried to do to much with the shoe, but one of my favorites anyways. 
Those were before the remastering program. The program started in 2015.

Those were before the remastering program. The program started in 2015.
Yes, correct.  What Im saying is they were close, not exact, to OG form.  An attempt to remaster before they actually called it that officially.  Possibly.

The 2014 version was bad they felt like boots.

The hate for the 2014 Infrared 6s is real lol. That infrared 23 shade just does it for me, it's the version I like the most.

i wouldn't mind an accurate version of the Infrareds, can't go wrong with black/red on a Jordan 6 imo

Last edited:
  Man I thought I was the only one left that likes it.

Naw not at all man.I know that the infrared 23 shade is not accurate compared to the OGs, 2000 retro and 2010 retro. But the highlighter shade of infrared on the 2014's looks like how I imagine Infrafed SHOULD look, if that makes sense haha.

Naw not at all man.I know that the infrared 23 shade is not accurate compared to the OGs, 2000 retro and 2010 retro. But the highlighter shade of infrared on the 2014's looks like how I imagine Infrafed SHOULD look, if that makes sense haha.
It is the closest shade to the OG. This comes from OG heads, there's pics in one of these threads. 2010 is almost varsity red

Last edited:
Yes the shade is close, but even if these don't retro this year, when they do, infrared or Nike Air is not what will impress me

if they try to recreate this look, my faith in remastered shoes will be restored. Close to the original was forgotten with the royal 1
  You want the durabuck?  That right?

Yes we need the leather heel. I guess cause it's been a few years now but I NEVER see the 2014 on foot. Mine almost ds looking still after 20 wears

Leather heel, they've been giving us durabuck on upper for 2 years already, but not the leather or even the embossed/pressed durabuck the 2000 and 2006 dmp had
  I understand that.  Never really paid attention to the heel but I see what you mean there.  The difference.  Also the 3m, was on the 91 og release pairs.  But none of the pics with MJ wearing them showed up with the 3m flash to them.  PEs with no 3m?  Ive always wondered.  Anyways, I see the detail your talking about and hope they would capture that as well.   And the high tongue...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom