RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Casually wearing my ultra boosts had me curious on how they felt for running, and wow. I'll be checking into this thread more for sure 
nerd.gif
This is exactly what happened to me when the Flyknit Lunar 1 first dropped.  I was doing CrossFit, and decided to run more.  I injured my shoulder and had to abandon CF and obstacle races, and became a runner (at age 38).  Never thought that would have happened.

This looks sick. But how comfortable is it running with an bigger smartphone? The reviews seems great
What phone do you have and is it really comfortable? Thanks
I'm using an s4 with a case and it fits nice. The spandex texture makes the items hug your waist so there's minimal movement when running. After a few times using it, you kind of forget you're wearing it.

I'd check it out in person though, there are quite a few styles around.

Check a local running shop or purchase a few off amazon and return the ones you don't like. I bought mine in asia in one of those camping/hiking stores. 

Ended up logging 56.7mi for May. I'm currently at 429/1000mi for the year. How about y'all?

I also copped two featherlight caps and a pair of Reflective Shield gloves all for $35 pretax from the clearance store.

Last edited:
Welp..... I just logged my longest run yet to conclude this month. I wanted to end this month with an awesome run. Although I wanted to give in, I pushed and pushed until I made 4 miles. I feel like I'm accomplishing a lot. I've looked at several stretching vids and are incorporating those into my everyday exercise. I've research and studied correcting my running posture. I've started strengthening techniques for my left ankle. I've no longer have those horrible shin splints for the last two runs. I've change my gait cycle to where strengthening my ankles help me control my stride. I also got me some massaging methods and tools that are helping me tremendously after runs with calf soreness. I was on a little vacation and went out and bought me some more running apparel. So yeah I think I'm becoming more in tune with being a runner....

This thread + Nike+ app = Me changing my routine.... 37.35 for this month on Nike app. 55 miles for the month.

Last edited:
With the transition to the Garmin watch, I don't know about the complete accuracy, but it looks like about 140 miles for May.  Not sure about the entire year, but since I didn't really start until February or so, and only small mileage at that, I'd say 250 at the most.  However, given the race schedule I have for the rest of the year, I have an outside shot at 1000 - but I'd bet the under.

Nice grabs at the store, Ray.  Are the hats Volt and 3M?  I just picked up the Volt one myself.

There's nothing wrong with that... I guess for some people the same route can be boring, but it really depends on the individual... Contrastingly, people, including myself, try to improve/best their time on the same routes, so it can be fun/challenging too.
I'm not really into trail shoes, but these look nice! Then again, the whole Zoom running line-up this year all look so similar to one another with the FlyMesh upper design and all hahah

I'm exactly the same with running on the same routes lol especially if that's all I have to go with like at work during lunch. I feel like I'm running against a "ghost level" if that makes any sense at all, trying to make sure I improve overall, improve on certain areas I might've struggled in like a hill, or depending on the area maybe trying to extend the run longer/changing my running technique(ex. raising my knees higher or running backward) to make it harder on myself. It keeps things fresh.

As for this month, I finished with 47.1 miles, before the month I didn't have any goals but I wanted to hit 50 when I realized I was close. Struggled with some knee problems & other shoe-related problems though so my plans fell short a little smh, hopefully these flyknit lunar 2s work out though. I'll be breaking them in hopefully in the morning if I wake up on time. Ready to start June off right!

alsa: NICE! It looks like you'll have an even stronger June!

KC: WOW @ your 140! The one on the left is actually a light Electic Green (1.0 with the stiff brim), and the other one is just Grey (2.0 with the flimsy brim). I'm a hug fan of these caps! I have about ten of them.

CM: I love running in the FL2s! I hope you'll have a good experience in them.

One word for this right here:

INSPIRING

92-year-old crosses marathon finish line

SAN DIEGO (AP) — A 92-year-old cancer survivor rocked her way into the record books Sunday, becoming the oldest woman to finish a marathon.

Harriette Thompson of Charlotte, North Carolina, completed Sunday's Rock 'n' Roll Marathon in San Diego in 7 hours, 24 minutes, 36 seconds. She was mobbed by well-wishers as she crossed the finish line.

"I'm fine, they're really pampering me here," Thompson said in a firm, joyful voice as people all around her shouted congratulations.

This was her 16th Rock 'n' Roll Marathon and, by far, the hardest.

"It's always harder but this year has been a bad year for me," she said, adding her husband died in January following a lingering illness and she battled a staph infection in one of her legs.

"I couldn't train very well because my husband was very ill and I had to be with him for some time and then when he died in January I had some treatments on my leg," she said. "I was just really thrilled that I could finish today."

The oldest woman to previously complete a marathon was Gladys Burrill, who was 92 years and 19 days old when she completed the 2010 Honolulu Marathon.

Thompson is 92 years, 65 days old, according to race organizers.

Despite her training woes, she nearly matched her finish time of last year, which was 7 hours, 7 minutes, 42 seconds. That set a record for a woman 90 or older, shattering the old one by more than an hour and a half.

A classically trained pianist who played three times at Carnegie Hall, Thompson says she mentally plays old piano pieces she had performed to help her get through the 26 miles, 385 yards.

She didn't begin running marathons until she was in her 70s, after a member of her church approached her about being one of her sponsors in the marathon to raise money to fight leukemia and lymphoma.

"At that time I had lost several people in my family to cancer and I said, 'Oh, maybe I should do that," she recalled. "When I got out there the first year I just planned to walk it, but everybody else was running so I started to run with them."

She isn't sure if she'll run again next year. But after last year's race she wasn't sure she'd run this one either.

She added she enjoys raising money for cancer research and figures the competition has helped keep her healthy.

"I don't think I'd be living today if I didn't do this running," the cancer survivor said. "I'm helping them and they're kind of helping me."

Source:

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2015/may/31/harriette-thompson-finishes-san-diego-marathon-hp/

Last edited:
That's AWESOME!

What's up with the ntrunning shirt :nerd:

Personally, I think it has to be earned like a medal... We have to figure out the design and the specifics to earning it (if we go that route). I proposed something like running 100mi with the #NTrunning hashtag on IG...

Last edited:
That's AWESOME!
Personally, I think it has to be earned like a medal... We have to figure out the design and the specifics to earning it (if we go that route). I proposed something like running 100mi with the #NTrunning hashtag on IG...

:lol:

Running a ultra marathon for a shirt ?

Some dudes including myself haven't even run a full marathon yet.

If we do that challenge it should come with more than a shirt.

Last edited:
:lol:

Running a ultra marathon for a shirt ?

Some dudes including myself haven't even run a full marathon yet.

If we do that challenge it should come with more than a shirt.

Whoops! I meant in total over months not a single run... haha

Last edited:
Another way to keep track would be through a NIKE+ Challenge leaderboard...

Maybe 250/500/1,000 for the year? Reaching each level would earn a different reward? If you get 1,000mi, you get all three rewards, if you get 500, you get two, and if you get 250, you get one?

Last edited:
did 64 miles for may still trying to find a balance lifting heavy and trying to get my miles under 8

Total miles logged so far this year is exactly 252.

I think running may take a back seat for me for the next few months. Going to be lifting more and probably play some more tennis.

Going to try to get some runs in during my lunch but those sessions are typically brief

Last edited:
4 miles this evening, haven't ran as much this month as I would have liked, and haven't really kept track, but if I were to get somewhere between 30-35 miles.
Going to Vegas on the 11th so goal is to run every day between now and then as well as keeping up with lifting routine

Yo...copped a rolling stick.

:smokin

Its da troof fam. Been having sore calves/legs lately and this feels SO good. Been having some nice veins in my calves from this running and training so I know im putting in the work, never cared to "take care" of my legs besides stretching though. Man I feel like I got a new pair of legs. :lol:

Yo...copped a rolling stick.

:smokin

Its da troof fam. Been having sore calves/legs lately and this feels SO good. Been having some nice veins in my calves from this running and training so I know im putting in the work, never cared to "take care" of my legs besides stretching though. Man I feel like I got a new pair of legs. :lol:
does it really work I've been tempted to get one for the longest but figure it was a waste

Back
Top Bottom