RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

This is what the Ultraboost did to me today from just going to work in them and gymming it in the AM. I was complaining in the Boost thread the whole day. :lol:

Meh, if its that bad with my TTS I dont think .5 up will help too much. Might just return them.

Last edited:
I can't and won't run today, I'm just too sore. I'll take today off and resume tomorrow. Anyway I'm 20 lbs down from March 20th. Seem like when I started running more than that measly mile, the weight fell off faster.

Guesssss what day it is.... RUNNNN DAYYY! [emoji]128042[/emoji] #humpdayrunday #NationalRunningDay

Last edited:
Well back to the grind. I've stated before in the thread that I ran a marathon back in January 2013 so have yet to run since then. 2.5 years and no running but I still hit the weights.

Well, GF and I just signed up for the Houston marathon in January. Want to be more serious this time around.

Any specific programs yall recommend? I'm usually not too good with strict programs since I feel bad on test days and still end up running.

Also, I bought a nike Tomtom GPS for cheap but might return it at nike since it takes a while to start tracking etc. I bought it since I do not like running with a phone or anything on me. Main reason I chose the Nike Garmin was to sync my runs on Nike+. Any suggestions for GPS watch?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Garmin watch. I know a site that uploads the runs right to your nike+ account I will post it when I am by a computer.

This is what the Ultraboost did to me today from just going to work in them and gymming it in the AM. I was complaining in the Boost thread the whole day. :lol:

Meh, if its that bad with my TTS I dont think .5 up will help too much. Might just return them.

I use the energy boost for running and they are the best outta my rotation by far (5 deep).

Was at the navy exchange today and saw

Picked em up for 29.99

I ran in them just now and theyre not bad.
i have wireless headphones but of course 2 big 4 running and i knew eventually i would need more.
Sound is not as good as skullcandy or beats.....id say average.
But the one thing i was worried about the most wen i took em out of the package is that they would bounce around alot wen running.

these things DO NOT MOVE AT ALL.
like the design is really ingenuitive....another plus was you just have to tap a button on em to ff or rew.

i love the design and its perfect for running imo cuz u get that extra "freedom"
no regrets i like em alot.

shout out 2 kevenmayne tho cuz i wouldn't have eem noticed em if he didnt post that...cant imagine how good a higher quality brand is :wow:

But yea if u run and listen 2 music this is the design u need.

I use the PowerBeats 2 (wireless) and love em. Pricey but worth it IMO. I ise it for everything.

Returned the UB's. Meh. Energy Boost 2 were good too but too small. Imma stick to the Pegasus line.

I use the energy boost for running and they are the best outta my rotation by far (5 deep).

Was at the navy exchange today and saw

Picked em up for 29.99

I ran in them just now and theyre not bad.
i have wireless headphones but of course 2 big 4 running and i knew eventually i would need more.
Sound is not as good as skullcandy or beats.....id say average.
But the one thing i was worried about the most wen i took em out of the package is that they would bounce around alot wen running.

these things DO NOT MOVE AT ALL.
like the design is really ingenuitive....another plus was you just have to tap a button on em to ff or rew.

i love the design and its perfect for running imo cuz u get that extra "freedom"
no regrets i like em alot.

shout out 2 kevenmayne tho cuz i wouldn't have eem noticed em if he didnt post that...cant imagine how good a higher quality brand is :wow:

But yea if u run and listen 2 music this is the design u need.

no problem :lol:. nice pickup, good price.

I have no issues with the plantronics backbeat fit :pimp:. they were awesome throughout the entire run. The only thing I noticed that I might need to be careful about more is, towards the end of my run, I stopped for water and kind of adjusted them a little and some sweat got into the right ear bud. I could feel the drop inside, but it went away quickly. It felt weird, but I haven't seen anyone comment about it in the reviews I saw, nor should I have even been adjusting them at all, they were fine. I noticed I had them on the loudest volume throughout the run, and didn't even know it. Fine for me, but I see a lot of people listening to music at ridiculous volumes, so I can see some people being not so happy. I really love the music quality while running

Also went to my local running store and bought the flipbelt...this is 1000x better than the armband. I was honestly getting annoyed with the armband in my last runs. All I kept in it was my iphone 6 (without a case) in the front pocket and was easily able to take it out while running and put it back in with zero issues, just took me a second to find the pocket. I'm sure when I use it more, I'll get even better at it. But it's amazing! A must for sure if you aren't satisfied with the armband. I was even adjusting the volume while it inside. With the armband, its so hard to pause workouts, unlock the phone, do anything on it. With this, i just take it out, and it's 100% unnoticeable as well :pimp:

Last edited:
I need to try the pegasus.

Wat kind of cushioning do they have?

And whuch ones are best?...i see alot of models

My Garmin watch goes to my Garmin Connect app, which will then go right to my Nike+ app.  The only thing it doesn't do automatically is register the run into my training program, and sometimes it double-counts the run when I sync it.

Also, ran the date today for National Running Day, and it was easily my fastest 6 miles I've ever run.  I have no idea why, but it was such a smooth ride today.

Last edited:
My second toenail on each foot is turning black. Any remedies to stop them from falling off (besides not running)?

My second toenail on each foot is turning black. Any remedies to stop them from falling off (besides not running)?

Geesh.... Maybe your toe-offs are too hard. Try not to push off of your toes and see if that works. Or changing up your gait cycle a little. Just a few suggestions to throw out there.

Just got back from a slow 4 mile run. I notice I have a little knee pain this time on my left leg. Check my logs and my first 4 mile run was in the Peg 31s. Maybe the Saucony Kinvara 5s are a little too soft for me on the further runs. They are light and feel good but I might be working too hard to run. The Pegs on the other hand have that firm ride with exceptional cushioning in the heel. My logs on Nike app are helping me to keep up which shoe works best for different runs So now I know Pegs for long/short runs and the Saucony Kinvaras for shorter runs...

Back
Top Bottom