RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Anybody tried the Asics Gel-Kayano Knits?

Comes in both highs and lows.

Took the L in the NYC marathon lottery :smh:

Had so much motivation to go hard and set a really good time for myself, now it's all gone :lol:. The thought of just paying the charity donation has crossed my mind as well, but I don't see myself doing it. I def know I won't be able to raise that much money. Sorry for the non motivational post..

Last edited:
Took the L in the NYC marathon lottery
mean.gif

Had so much motivation to go hard and set a really good time for myself, now it's all gone
laugh.gif
. The thought of just paying the charity donation has crossed my mind as well, but I don't see myself doing it. I def know I won't be able to raise that much money. Sorry for the non motivational post..
How much would you have to raiser???

Last two runs. I could've easily ran three miles but I like slowly building my way up. Also was reading about "tempo runs" and how they are helpful. Probably didn't do it right but I ran the fastest mile in a long time (last time I ran a mile under 8 minutes was high school) Lungs were on fire but felt good afterwards.

After some very nice running weather here in the Northeast the past two weeks, reality set in as the windchill was 10 degrees for my 10 mile run this morning.

Yesterday, I ran a water station for my run club as they did their first training run for the Boston Marathon on the course.  It was the first time this year I was sad that I will not be running it.

I really have no clue if I've made any progress with this heart rate training stuff, but I think I'm sold on doing all workouts either at the higher or lower efforts, and staying out of the midrange as much as possible. For me, that means I'm doing most runs around 120-130 beats per minute, and keeping my fast runs at about 160.

I'm now officially signed up for my first 50k, which is in May, and it's on a trail, so I need to start finding the trails for running more often.

A couple recent runs below, now featuring Altra for the first time...

Hoka trolling Nike's sub-2 quest, now that the shoes have been revealed. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Good luck bro

thanks man. shooting for under 2 hours :lol:

started training this week.

background info. stopped jogging on a consistent basis towards the end of 2015 when I started doing crossfit. I stopped being active altogether when I was in the process of buying a home 4th quarter of 2016 :x

Been running for a few weeks and gradually getting better. But always get gassed after a few mins jogging. Have to walk to regain energy and then able to run a bit more.

Any tips to get running the whole time without stopping? Or is it something that will take time to build up?

Full disclosure I'm a big boy and working to slim down so I can live longer!

Slower your pace and shorten your stride. Breathing in through your nose along with your diaphragm and out through mouth should maximize your o2 intake.

Last edited:
Been running for a few weeks and gradually getting better. But always get gassed after a few mins jogging. Have to walk to regain energy and then able to run a bit more.

Any tips to get running the whole time without stopping? Or is it something that will take time to build up?

Full disclosure I'm a big boy and working to slim down so I can live longer!
And just sticking with it with small goals - small to the point of, "I won't stop until I pass three more telephone poles".  I tell my story a lot, but when I started running, I couldn't go more that half a mile.  Made it to two miles, and that seemed like the wall, for at least two weeks.  Then, my training program said I had to run 5, and I just did it.  Never looked back after that.  I have no idea when the switch was flipped, but it was.

Back
Top Bottom