RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

See if you can guess where the 40mph head winds kicked in...

Ray, I exchanged a pair of sneakers at FNL and ordered the Flyknit Streak, so I'll let you know when they come in.

40mph headwinds?! :wow:

Thanks, Kev! I've tried a pair on, but I'm unsure if I'll actually run in them though. I've been having really good runs with forefoot Zoom shoes (Peg33s, Elite8s and, my favorite of all time, the FKRs), so the Zoom placement (heel) in the Streaks keeps me away. Then again, I see A LOT of elites/fast runners wearing the Streaks. It makes me wonder why Zoom in the heel is more beneficial than having it in the forefoot for them. :nerd:

Last edited:
How's do you guys deal with plantar fasciitis? Gonna see a doc tomorrow morning.. Started hurting two days ago but I still ran half paced 5 todaylol

Wow Ray. I think you have your pace back! I had trouble keeping a 7:30 this morning on the treadmill and lasted only 2 and a half miles.

Thanks, Tim! I think running daily has improved my overall running. I'm on a 22 day streak now. When I don't track my runs on the NRC app. I run at least 1mi of hills. I track them on my fenix3 as a "hike", so it doesn't mess up my averages lol

Last edited:
is seeing a doc necessary? 

It depends. I'm sticking through mine, but some days it makes me want to cut my foot off. I ran a half on Sunday, and I couldn't run again until yesterday. But, I'm bad about the stretching (although I do constantly have the golf ball). I'll try again this afternoon, but I have a pretty full race schedule coming up, so I really don't want to take too much time off. I may change shoes for long distances and see how that helps.

Ran 6 miles today. First time in a long.....time.

My buddy and I just signed up for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May. I hope I survive.

I put in a lottery bid for the full marathon.

Ran 6 miles today. First time in a long.....time.

My buddy and I just signed up for the Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon in May. I hope I survive.

I put in a lottery bid for the full marathon.
Awesome - that race is on my Someday List.  If you don't get picked for the lottery, keep an eye on Craigslist - I think the MCM is one of the few races that allows bib transfers, and I know people that have bought them for $50 or so.

signed up for a half in 2 weeks....first one ever.

im sure ill do fine, i want to run at 10 minute mile pace or lower. never in my life i would think or be capable of signing up for this.. 

Any recommendations for running shoes for a beginner. I'm not trying to run any marathons or anything like that, just trying to get some cardio in everyday to get back in shape. I've heard a lot of good things about the ultra boost but for the price I'm not sure it's necessary for what I'm trying to do.

Any recommendations for running shoes for a beginner. I'm not trying to run any marathons or anything like that, just trying to get some cardio in everyday to get back in shape. I've heard a lot of good things about the ultra boost but for the price I'm not sure it's necessary for what I'm trying to do.

LunarEpic. UBs are marketed as a running shoe, but, IMO and experience, they're meant for walking.

UB aren't that great for running at all. Save some money and get the Pegasus 33 or the Vomero 12s if you want more cushioning. Your best bet would be to find a run specialty store and figure out your gait. Plus you could try shoes from various brands to see what feels the best.

I've used Pegasus 33 and lunarepics...can't fault them at all. UB's are nice but I prefer the stability and cushion (whilst running) in the Pegasus/LE

I bought and tested the lunarepic 2s. They feel very comfortable, but the sizing is just off for me. I went TTS and they fit too tight, the heel doesn't feel that locked in also. The cushioning in the run felt incredible, though.

I bought and tested the lunarepic 2s. They feel very comfortable, but the sizing is just off for me. I went TTS and they fit too tight, the heel doesn't feel that locked in also. The cushioning in the run felt incredible, though.
I tried on a pair at .5 up, and I'll probably grab them when they start getting marked down.

Just ordered these

and the ULTD Flyknit Streaks for $120 for both.

If the Streak 5s work out well for me, I'll hunt down the White/Blue cw too... :nerd:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom