RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Started running again recently, weather has been a cool 45-55 and it feels amazing.
I stopped running when I found out I didn't get accepted into the NYC marathon :lol:, but I'm back now :nerd:. Trying to get a good base and just improve this summer

I've been runnning with the lunartempo 2, they are really good imo. I bought them for about $55~ on ndc sale . Wore them casually and thought they weren't comfortable, running in them feels good though. Once I'm running running they don't feel uncomfortable at all, and they feel like they want to go fast. The fit is really roomy but locked in, if that makes sense. :pimp:

Last edited:
Run #2 on my day off

I take it back... Flyknit Streaks are aight! Lol

:lol: I debated if I was going to get a pair of FK streaks to do a half in May since I've worn the streak 5 for a previous half and my shoe of choice for majority of runs. Or if I'm going to finally use a pair of FK racers for its intended purpose :nerd:

Have any of you guys have any experienced with Altra shoes? 
I bought a pair of Lone Peaks and have put about 30 miles on them. Great out of the box but I don't get much of a chance to wear them since I don't run trails much. Mostly bought them for a trail 50k next month. I thought I would be sore with the zero drop but I had no problems. I'm used to 4mm drop in Hokas though.

:lol: I debated if I was going to get a pair of FK streaks to do a half in May since I've worn the streak 5 for a previous half and my shoe of choice for majority of runs. Or if I'm going to finally use a pair of FK racers for its intended purpose :nerd:

Run in the FKRs! :smokin

7 straight

I bought a pair of Lone Peaks and have put about 30 miles on them. Great out of the box but I don't get much of a chance to wear them since I don't run trails much. Mostly bought them for a trail 50k next month. I thought I would be sore with the zero drop but I had no problems. I'm used to 4mm drop in Hokas though.
cool thanks, I bought a pair of One 2.0 to test out.

Injured my foot last week based on my stupidity (ran 15km in the rain on Monday and then did speed class on Tuesday; over use) First run in a week tonight.  Going to take it slow and run by feel.  Won't even look at my watch tonight.

Hope to do speed class tomorrow...

Injured my foot last week based on my stupidity (ran 15km in the rain on Monday and then did speed class on Tuesday; over use) First run in a week tonight.  Going to take it slow and run by feel.  Won't even look at my watch tonight.

Injuries suck. About a mile into my run today my shins starting acting up badly. It was painful enough that I just stopped running. Hopefully I'll be back to normal tomorrow....

Get well soon, Man!

Today's run

Thanks guys.

Great run Ray!!!

Chickened out and decided to rest my foot for an additional day.

Hope that things work out at speed class. If there is pain, it will be off to the clinic I go.

Makes me a little nervous that my first half marathon is on may 7. Hope that this minor setback doesn't affect my ability to participate

Time sucked. Pace sucked. But I raised over $11,000 dollars for charity, my team raised over $400,000,and I've got this medal forever.

Congrats man. That money raised is amazing :wow:

How did you raise the money if you don't mind me asking? Just curious

Congrats man. That money raised is amazing :wow:

How did you raise the money if you don't mind me asking? Just curious
I'm a chef by trade. I partnered with a local brewery and sold tickets to dinners where I prepared food to pair with their beers. I also hosted spinning classes at a local studio where my wife is an instructor where the proceeds went to my fundraising. Super Bowl squares. March madness pool. Prediction contests for all star weekend. Sneaker raffle. Auctioned Autographed items. Etc.

Ran speed class tonight. Joined the slower group to test out my ankle. Will see how things are tomorrow morning. So far, so good.

Congrats on all accounts! :smokin

BQing is definitely on the bucket list! One day, I hope to be there.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/jordan-trainer-prime-mens-training-shoe/pid-11400082/pgid-11634444
So these The Playoff-esque trainers dropped on NDC. Do these ride like the LunarGlides?
Oh man I did not qualify. Not even close. I ran on a charity bib. There are tons of charities who will get you a bib with the qualifying time waived as long as you fundraise a certain amount for them. That's the only way a guy like me will ever get into Boston.

Just ordered a pair lol

Anyone else interested in getting the fenix5X? I reallllllly like the map feature on it.

got back on the horse

started ~2 weeks ago, doing maybe 1.5-2 miles a day. im just happy that im getting out there everyday tbh. i mix in a bit of walking too just cause my stamina is ****.

surprisingly, im actually enjoying going out every night. im truly dedicated right now to drop weight. been overweight most of my life. started dieting around the same time. basically been chicken breast, broc, cauliflower, spinach, and lean turkey. going into the food threat is torture :lol:

hope to get up to where you guys all are at some point!

oh and currently running in flyknit trainers

Last edited:
Last few runs. Taking it easy as my half marathon is 2 weeks away and now my Achilles is starting to hurt. Looks like a trip to the chiropractor this week to get it checked out.

Back
Top Bottom