RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

The North Face 50 in SF in November. Thanks! I’ve only gone up to about 33 miles before, but it had a similar average altitude gain that this one will. I’ll just need to prepare for 17 more miles of it!
That's awesome man, i will be cheering for you to complete it. My goal is just to run a half marathon one day :lol:, but i think ultras and the people who run them are very intriguing and amazing.

That's awesome man, i will be cheering for you to complete it. My goal is just to run a half marathon one day :lol:, but i think ultras and the people who run them are very intriguing and amazing.
Thanks! Good luck in your training. Half marathons are no joke. It doesn’t seem very long ago to me that 10k was a big barrier. I finally realized that all you have to do is slow down a bit and relax, and you can go much farther! Then it’s a matter of consistently training and figuring out what nutrition works for you.
I ran my first marathon in SF in 2008 with my friend for our 30th birthdays and joked that we could do an ultra for our 40th. Well, here we are, and the start line will be only about 8 miles from where we finished in 2008 ten years ago.
If you’re inspired by ultras, look up Billy Yang’s videos on YouTube. Here’s my favorite, with one of my heroes, Sally McRae.

Runners, do any of you take fat burners (powder or pill type) prior to a run?

I currently weigh 211lbs but looking to shed some weight for this upcoming half marathon in Oct. I would like to be 185-190lbs by then. I understand, dieting and fluid intake is essential but curious if anyone has done this. If so, what were the results? Did you find it to help or hurt you? Did it have a postive/negative effect on the run?

I've taken some sort of combination caffeine/aminos before each run. It helps.

I would stay away from anything solely promoted as "fat burners."

Also: Twenty years of running I've learned there is no better "supplement" than good sleep. Simply put, if you are getting sleep you feel like a million when you run. Throw in a good diet, properly spaced out, and that works far better than anything you can supplement in for weight loss.

Thanks! Good luck in your training. Half marathons are no joke. It doesn’t seem very long ago to me that 10k was a big barrier. I finally realized that all you have to do is slow down a bit and relax, and you can go much farther! Then it’s a matter of consistently training and figuring out what nutrition works for you.
I ran my first marathon in SF in 2008 with my friend for our 30th birthdays and joked that we could do an ultra for our 40th. Well, here we are, and the start line will be only about 8 miles from where we finished in 2008 ten years ago.
If you’re inspired by ultras, look up Billy Yang’s videos on YouTube. Here’s my favorite, with one of my heroes, Sally McRae.

I will check them out, thanks! There was a show called boundless that was on a few years ago that i really enjoyed, where they did different ultras (running, biking, etc.) every episode. I think that show really inspired me to get off my *** and finally start doing what i always wished i did (running).

Check your nikeplus challenges everybody - chance to win the Peg Turbos by running some miles

26.2 miles, not bad that they give you a time frame.

thought this had to be done in one run lol

Last edited:
My Peg 33s are around 600 miles and I was looking for some cheap Vomeros to replace them, but found a deal on new Peg 35s on eBay with the PRONTO15 code. Looking forward to trying them out, but if anyone else is shopping, check out eBay right now - 15% off expires later tonight, and applies to everything

Anyone know if Ultra Boosts uncaged are different from the regular Ultra Boosts in terms of support?

That's some good mileage!

I only stretch after my runs regardless of how long they are.

Really, do you do any warm-ups or just straight get into it?

I stretch mostly before, and then after is a quick one. But I heard it should be the opposite.

Really, do you do any warm-ups or just straight get into it?

I stretch mostly before, and then after is a quick one. But I heard it should be the opposite.

I'm a casual runner, but starting to get more serious and I've heard the same thing regarding stretching. A lot of what I read is to do some dynamic stretching before and then the static stretching after.

I don't really warm-up, but I take the first mile or so at an easy pace and then start ramping it up when I feel good.

There are some seasoned runners here that should have some good insight though.

I basically live on the Vaporfly thread so I'm happy to have found this thread. Still a beginner runner but I've been pounding the pavement here in Australia for about 2 years now. Started running to lose weight, and I achieved that (100kg [220lbs] down to 75kg [165lbs]) and fell in love with running.

Ran my first 5k race earlier this year and achieved a PB of 27:37. I've made myself a goal of running that same race next year under 20mins. I'm not sure if I'll make such a time improvement but that's a massive goal of mine. I'm going to train my guts out!

I follow the dynamic stretching before and static after a long run and add in rolling before and after as well. I have flat feet so a good warm up foam filling is important so I don’t injure myself again.

Smashed out a 60 minute long run at Easy Pace today. Was super pumped as it was the first long run of this training block. Ended up being 11km @ 5:48 /km Average Pace.

Quite happy with today’s session, felt comfortable and faster than my last Easy Pace long run which was 6:05 /km average pace. Grinding out the KM’s is paying off. That’s why I love running, it rewards those who put the work in day after day.

5A3846E8-D71B-4A8C-A15D-D6AC3036214F.jpeg
45F5331B-21C3-401C-B291-26D11B8819D5.jpeg
I just received my first pair of Zoom Wildhorse 4. I haven’t had Nike trail shoes for about 10 years, and most recently have been using Altra Lone Peak 3s, so we’ll see how this goes.
Weird thing though, and maybe someone can explain the retail process to me, but I bought both the Wildhorses and the Peg 35s new on eBay from random sellers for great discounted prices recently. But both of them came directly from Nike in Memphis. How is that possible?
Anyway, Pegs are great, looking forward to getting the Wildhorses on the trail soon. Putting in a TON of miles in prep for my 50-miler in November. Currently over 217 for August

How many miles before you guys get a new pair?
Depends on the shoes. I had about 300 on my lunartempos before they just felt flat. I had many pairs of Lunarglide 2s that hit between 600-800 miles before they felt like they were lacking support and was risking injury. I’ve put 1,000 miles on a pair of Hoka Cliftons, but probably should have stopped around 6-700. Typically I try to get about 500 if possible. Not only will it depend on the shoe, but also on your weight, your foot strike, and even the typical time of day you run (hot part of the day will wear them faster)

How do you track mileage per shoe? I track most of my runs with mapmyrun and can see total mileage there, but i switch my shoes up. Is it easiest to just keep a spreadsheet?

How are hokas?

Been thinking about getting a pair.
I current run in lunarepics.

Which I love

hokas are ok, many love them, they're not for me though just too heavy and super cushioned and while we shouldn't care about the looks, hoka is even worse than asics

How do you track mileage per shoe? I track most of my runs with mapmyrun and can see total mileage there, but i switch my shoes up. Is it easiest to just keep a spreadsheet?

NRC (nikes running app) works well, you can add as many shoes as you want and from any brands

but you do have to use it when running and then you just pick which shoes you used afterwards and it's gon keep track of it

Quick questions about the Apple Watch Series 2(Nike version). The GPS on my watch usually tracks my routes after a run but my last few ones have been hit or miss. Is it because I paused my run one too many times or did GPS not load before starting? Anyone else have this issue? FYI, I have my phone with me in my runners belt to sync with my watch/GPS.

hokas are ok, many love them, they're not for me though just too heavy and super cushioned and while we shouldn't care about the looks, hoka is even worse than asics

NRC (nikes running app) works well, you can add as many shoes as you want and from any brands

but you do have to use it when running and then you just pick which shoes you used afterwards and it's gon keep track of it
Figures. I have a Samsung watch so I am limited. Cant wait for my phone contract to be up so i can switch.

Back
Top Bottom