RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Solid 2020 especially since I only ran high mileage for the Boston buildup. My NRC app is only at 2273 miles for some reason but I rarely open it these days.

D08A388F-4561-40C6-8FD5-AD0C95750C34.jpeg

Which garmin watch would you suggest?
Would also like to know. I was looking at the solar Fenix because of the GPS plus music battery life was longer

currently on the forerunner 645, a bit older and opted for the version without music since i don't listen on my runs anymore, but it's been really good for what i need it to do.

picked it up earlier this year so won't be in the market for a new one for a while, but the coros watches do seem really nice

I started using the original COROS Apex in 2019 and haven’t looked back. Super easy to use, accurate (mileage and vert), and battery life is insane.

Started to run again after a long time. Ran a 15.5/mile and my legs were burning. I got fitted into a pair of stability shoes at fleet feet which eliminated my arch pain while running. A long way from my goal of a sub 10 minute mile. But wanted to post on here to keep myself accountable. Seeing everyone here running miles at a time is really motivating!

The NIKE app thru my phone had a huge battery drain on my phone (iPhone 6s) yesterday. LMAO I know I think its time to upgrade both my phone and watch (Apple Watch 2). The under armor app actually lasted me from 10% battery all the way until I finished my 3.69 mile run.

I think that will be one of my goals also this year. The sub 10 min mile. I've never gotten lower than 10 min/mile
F3C40084-6EF7-4ADE-B834-EDC3D21DDF51.jpeg
3D75457B-6BAB-45E2-88C2-608CFF74E0A0.jpeg

Here’s the front and back of the 100 mile challenge medal 🙌🏽🍾

C6839034-DADA-48B8-9541-B688E37490E5.jpeg

I picked up running last year (always been a soccer player)
I ran consistently from March till July 4x a week.
Once July hit i only ran about 2-3 times a month.
It was nice to see this on the Nike Run App and made me want to begin running consistently again.
I got my first run tomorow :smile:
Excited to see what I got

Some good running content for those that need some motivation/want to learn more. A few of the NCAA athletes and some Pros that I watch.

Ben Crawford (Oregon)
Pretty much owned the running scene in Colorado (Alt training) last summer content wise

The Athlete Special former Georgetown Runner, Pro for Brooks Beast

Bowerman Track Team run a VERY fast 5000m

Adidas Pro Team Tinman Elite

Last edited:
I picked up the Garmin Fenix 6x Sapphire during Black Friday sales (half price) and living it so far (except for recent GPS issues which started yesterday).

NIKE app was draining my phone battery so glad to switch to a watch and not have to run with phone in hand.

Best thing the data transfers over to the NIKE app and Strava too. So far 1 month with the watch and going well.

97 miles for me - I haven’t been over 100 since June and used to do a lot more. Big move in July has meant quite a different environment and schedule. But since 97 miles is more than I’ve been doing, and now that I have a treadmill (it’s Michigan winter, otherwise I’d always be outside), I should be picking up the numbers a bit more.

i was gon take a rest day yesterday but was a few miles short of 200 so pushed through it, feb being a short months gon be tough to get to 200
491F15E1-722F-4F88-9BDC-E79AFA570232.png

i do wish nike would crack on these damn people that are obviously cheating by logging 3k+ miles in the month and ban them

how sad is it to want to cheat on these things when no ones gon believe you actually running that much

4106FB74-8F51-4BF5-8B6C-4D311E983F42.png

prob missed out 10-15ish miles due to rain but overall happy with the first month. should be hitting about the same this month before picking up the mileage to 250ish as we get into the spring season
7B55AED5-3EF0-4C72-A2A0-EC48023DF64A.jpeg

Are there any free running apps that have something comparable to the Nike + coaching feature? They removed it and it was always good with the get back shape (4 week plan) and the 8 week challenges. I wonder why they removed it? You can download it but it’s not the same.
Thanks in advance.

That was me last year now I can do 10 miles straight and I was never a runner. Keep it going!!!

When you started last year, how frequent you ran? Did you just keep runnnig over 1 mile mark? I started running again last summer. I only can keep it up to a mile mark, then I have to stop to catch my breath.

ROYGBiV ROYGBiV I love the Clifton 7s. I started with the Vomero 14 then switched over to the Triumph 17. Now I have Clifton 7 and they've been the best for me. They're surprisingly light, durable and cushioned.

Back
Top Bottom