RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Hit one of my short term goals during my 10k time trial this morning which was a mid 35 10k and almost a 2 min PR. I had a great cycle going into Boston so was excited to see where some of that fitness translated to.

10klol.jpg

48AF86F9-BE9A-4EB8-AE27-EF609B5835AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Any runners still here? Started taking running seriously at the beginning of the year and could barely do a mile in 11 min, the other day I just hit a PR of 8:06. I've also recently completed my first 10K. I can't believe I used to hate running. It's been a lifesaver this year mentally and physically. I'm currently doing a beginners training program for a half marathon. Any tips?

Any runners still here? Started taking running seriously at the beginning of the year and could barely do a mile in 11 min, the other day I just hit a PR of 8:06. I've also recently completed my first 10K. I can't believe I used to hate running. It's been a lifesaver this year mentally and physically. I'm currently doing a beginners training program for a half marathon. Any tips?
Right there with you but started in March, ran a slow half marathon in 2 1/2 hours but got my mile down to 8:36. So I would also like tips.

Don’t underestimate the importance of a warm up/warm down & stretch.

Also if you are running and not feeling it, it’s ok to go slow or walk. You don’t have to set records everytime you head out. Even stop during the run, reset, do some stretches and go again in 5 minutes.

Mix up where you run and the distances you run. You don’t want to get bored of the same loop over and over again, or have your body get use to the same thing.

Follow other on Instagram to get/keep motivated. #NTRunning on insta ain’t as popular as it once was but I still use it..

We can setup a NT August Challenge for miles via Nike or UA Map my Run app

Just got my Garmin in yesterday so I'm glad this outage is over for the most part. I like it a lot so far. I switched from an Apple watch Series 3. Definitely down for an August challenge.

Doing my first 1/2 on the 12th! Thinking about signing up for LA Marathon in late March (who's down?). Y'all think we will be done with all this by then? lol

How do I improve my pace/speed.?
Am I just slow? Lol
I could do long distance. Have a few half marathons under my belt... If I set out to run 3-4 miles I can do so in about 7:30-8min per.
I have ran 5+ miles at the same pace but that's few and far between. I usually am looking at low 9min/mile on runs of 6miles plus.
How do I get faster.?
Any advice and tips appreciated. Thanks in advance fellas..

How do I improve my pace/speed.?
Am I just slow? Lol
I could do long distance. Have a few half marathons under my belt... If I set out to run 3-4 miles I can do so in about 7:30-8min per.
I have ran 5+ miles at the same pace but that's few and far between. I usually am looking at low 9min/mile on runs of 6miles plus.
How do I get faster.?
Any advice and tips appreciated. Thanks in advance fellas..
Do you increase your mileage weekly? I have increased my long run by 1 mile every week for the past 10 weeks, and I got a 5K PR last week.

Do you increase your mileage weekly? I have increased my long run by 1 mile every week for the past 10 weeks, and I got a 5K PR last week.
i noticed that as well as i am a new runner when i run between 6 - 10 miles the next 5k is usually a PR or close. so i am doing 1/2 mile increase. i am now looking to adjust my running form, i think i am what they call a "lazy" runner so i am wasting energy without generating speed.

I've found so much help from YT. There's a countless number of running videos, which I'm sure you've seen. I'm trying to incorporate a little more heel lifting in my form myself.

alright yall, just got an apple watch. downloading nike running app with it, do you guys use it? how do i add you?

ive been trying to hit 8 miles under an hour and missed it by 37 seconds last week. today ill prob start the week off with 6

i previously was using mapp my run app

Attachments

• IMG_2078.PNG
    IMG_2078.PNG
    543.9 KB · Views: 155
I use it. It gets frustrating sometimes because it doesn’t record your runs 100% of the time. But it’s a great thing to use on your wrist. A lot of people use Strava too.

I have used strava and mapmyrun in my samsung watch strava has been flawless so far mapmyrun loses signal so isn't as accurate for me personally.

Back
Top Bottom