RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Disgrace
30t6p3b.gif

There are 49 registered people 30 Stripes 19 Solids
Top 5 consist of 3 solids though....
I can only do like 12-15 miles a week max coming off physical therapy.

There are 49 registered people 30 Stripes 19 Solids
Top 5 consist of 3 solids though....
I can only do like 12-15 miles a week max coming off physical therapy.

just joined for solids(Dec), been doing a little more running since i got my fuelband

just joined for solids(Dec), been doing a little more running since i got my fuelband

The stripes are dominating but I fear it is all for not since this challenge is going to be removed (along with all challenges) on June 1. Challenges aren't going away but they will be reset. This means we're going to have to create a new one.

didn't jog as much this week. played a lot of tennis and basketball. I can only jog so much before i get bored
laugh.gif

Quick question :  I am getting the Nike Gps watch, so do I need the shoe sensor for the watch to work, and is the watch worth it and accurate???  Thanks in advance...

You don't need the shoe sensor for the watch to work. The sensor is only really needed in addition to the watch if you are doing a treadmill workout.
The watch is pretty decent for the price and fairly accurate. I was very tempted to get it before I settled on my Garmin 910xt, but I want more than just a running watch (the 910xt works with biking and swimming) and the Nike GPS watch is strictly for running.

Here are a few useful reviews on the Nike GPS watch:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2011/04/nike-sportwatch-gps-in-depth-review.html

http://gizmodo.com/5855443/the-best-fitness-watch

One other thing, I export my runs from my Garmin into a .tcx file and have been importing them to Nike+ Running. I am also beta testing the new Nike+ site and it looks like the site won't import my gps location into the new site (the application says I am using an iPod Nano) so I don't get the full map effect that others that have the Nike GPS watch will see. If you are a big user of Nike+ and want this feature when the update occurs in June, it appears the Nike GPS watch is the only way to go. Since I use Garmin Connect, which has a great map feature already, it doesn't concern me much.

peace,

Jonas

what does everyone use to track their shoe mileage? seems like this is a pretty basic function that should be included with the nike+ sensor...

I just use Evernote after every run. I have a notebook for each shoe in my rotation and add the mileage after the run.
There will also be a feature in the new Nike+ site which allows you to add a shoe to your run and that will track cumulative mileage on that shoe over time.

peace,

Jonas

Originally Posted by Jonas Dees

There will also be a feature in the new Nike+ site which allows you to add a shoe to your run and that will track cumulative mileage on that shoe over time.
good to hear!

You are welcome, glad to help when I can.
June 1 is the launch date barring any major issues from now until then.

Logged my first run in the past 7 months and Nike+ website is still bugged as hell. I thought it would be fixed by now, it lets me log in but it won't record my run for today. I really don't see the point of these Nike+ watches/shoes if the website isn't functioning correctly to keep track of my progress. I just bought the TomTom Nike GPS watch too because the price went down, now I'm just considering on returning it. 

Good News/Bad News:

The Good: The NEW NIKE+ SITE is launching on June 1 (Thanks, JD!)!

The Bad: It looks like the Challenge'll end sooner than expected (May 31) due to the revamping of the site. Once the new site is up, I'll repost the challenge.

JD: Another question... will there also be a major update and new features added to the Nike+ applications, specifically the Nike GPS app?

Back
Top Bottom