RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Is the Nike+ running app wildly inaccurate on Android? 

I finished a treadmill run yesterday, and the treadmill recorded 4.25 miles and the Nike+ running app recorded 5.40. That's over a mile difference. 

How do I join these Niketalk challenges? Just started messing with the app.

Last edited:
Hashtag your runs with #NTrunning on Instagram
nthat.gif
Ah alright, in the FAQ it states that you have to accept an invitation or something like that.

Star Wars The Light Side race booked for January.

Now have to sign up for The Dark Side in a couple weeks.

Is the Nike+ running app wildly inaccurate on Android? 

I finished a treadmill run yesterday, and the treadmill recorded 4.25 miles and the Nike+ running app recorded 5.40. That's over a mile difference. 

How do I join these Niketalk challenges? Just started messing with the app.
I think it's just the difficulty in trying to use GPS on a treadmill.  The couple of times I did it, I just ran, and then whatever the treadmill said I would enter manually into the app.

excuse my ignorance on this topic guys but i have taken several snapshots of some worn shoes and was wondering if this is considered overpronation?  All my shoes show excess wear on the outside ball of the heel:

I have the opportunity to get the structure 18 for ~$25 and was wondering if this would be a good choice in running shoe given my wear pattern.

Last edited:
I think you're an underpronator...

I'm one too when it comes to running...

But for my walking gait, I tend to overpronate.

You should go to a running store (Google in your city) and have them analyze you^. It takes minutes and they should be extremely helpful with assisting you
A Nike store can do it too.

^
http://help-en-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/879/~/nike-shoes-for-overpronation-and-supination
NIKE SHOES FOR OVERPRONATION AND SUPINATION

Overpronation and supination describe the motion of the foot during walking or running. To determine if you’re an overpronator or supinator, examine your current running shoes.

Overpronators wear down the outer sole of shoes along the inside near the ball of the foot and tend to have flat feet. Supinators wear down shoe soles along the outer edge, and their feet tend to have high arches.
OVERPRONATION SHOES

Overpronation can lead to injuries or other issues. Overpronation occurs when feet roll inward too much and cause the rest of the body to compensate. Runners who overpronate usually have a flat or weak arch that allows this motion to occur.

To combat the issue of overpronation, Nike offers motion control footwear that provides excellent cushioning and stability. Nike shoes in the Stability category, such as the Nike LunarGlide, can help with overpronation.
SUPINATION SHOES

Supination, or underpronation, is the opposite of pronation but also a normal motion. A foot is in supination when the ankle appears to be tipped outside and the runner is standing on the outside border of the foot.

Nike shoes from the Neutral Running category can be helpful for supinators. The Nike Air Max, Nike Air Zoom Vomero, and Nike Air Pegasus are some suggested Neutral Running shoes.

The Structure falls under the Stability section, so I think you'll be good.

I wonder if I am going to be in this thread soon. My workout has been more cardio than lifting as of late. I guess as you get older, it's about looking lean and not being jacked up. Been running in the gym mostly but wonder if I need to take it outside. I am doing about 3 miles on the treadmill but taking like a small walk in between but still doing about 8-9 min miles. But I think I have to take it outside and start running like a real person. Haha.

The other day I ran in my flyknits and man, those shoes are a no go for me. It just felt way to flat. I guess I like thick soles like a airmax type shoe. I am currently running in Lunar Safaris for no particular reason but they feel nice and solid for the way I run.

images

I am new to this thread so mind me if this is a frequently asked question but do you guys prefer to run in shorts or pants? I currently run in shorts but wonder if running in some sort of actual joggers would be better. I run in b-ball shorts and feel like they just flop everywhere.

Wow, running in Lunar Safaris?  How are they holding up?  I thought they were a Sportswear shoe with no technology in them.

I run in shorts now (running on long days, but I'll run in heavier training shorts for the 5 milers).  I do have pants for when it turns colder, so I'm curious for how it will feel.  I have the tapered/cuffed pants, because I couldn't imagine running in wide open hems.

They seem fine for the most part. Again, most of the abuse was just from running indoors and I'd imagine it'd be a different story outdoors but I can't imagine them being that bad. I just like how the lunar sole is thick. I guess that is my only vice with shoes.

I might have to get running shorts then. Maybe that will work better than my basketball ones. My get up at the gym is pretty odd. I wear like a whole basketball fit with a jersey. When I run outside, I have to switch that stuff up.

I am looking at the Air Zoom Elite 8s and Air Zoom Structure 18s right now. Don't know which to buy :nerd:

Can get an alright deal that ends tomorrow (have giftcard+2 offers), so need to buy tonight as well :lol:

Anyone use either of them?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom