RUN with US on INSTAGRAM #NTrunning (NikeTalkRunning)

Best runners that Nike or Hoka offer currently?

Wanna get two pairs soon for rotation.

if you're able to wait a couple weeks till the first week of march, hoka mach 4 comes out and lots of really good reviews so far espeically at $130

same goes for nike, if you can wait till march and are okay with spending $180, then the zoomx invincible comes out and should be a really good trainer as well

ROYGBiV ROYGBiV I love the Clifton 7s. I started with the Vomero 14 then switched over to the Triumph 17. Now I have Clifton 7 and they've been the best for me. They're surprisingly light, durable and cushioned.

I'll give those a look. Actually haven't ran in Nikes in years, and would only go back if you guys strongly recommended something.
if you're able to wait a couple weeks till the first week of march, hoka mach 4 comes out and lots of really good reviews so far espeically at $130

same goes for nike, if you can wait till march and are okay with spending $180, then the zoomx invincible comes out and should be a really good trainer as well
Def don't mind waiting. I'll check those out too.

Another month out of the way..

Less for me in February than January but still did ok.

FA6D77F4-0E6C-40FA-9618-7C3421B36065.jpeg

i failed on my goal for feb, about 12 mile short of 200mi/mon, short month really did me in and i didnt want to eliminate any rest days

if the month was a day longer i would have made it

still got my 200 in with the short month
typically am training/prepping for the LA marathon this time of the year but since that’s not happening, prob gonna try to increase my mileage per week starting this month
14E730D1-4977-4A5A-A40B-3209750E55C9.jpeg

just started training for my second half that's supposed to be in May and i'm def outta shape. I would like to run the chicago marathon later this year if it's still going on.

Public Holiday today where I am so decided to go for a long run. Managed to get to Half Marathon distance.

Struggled a little at the backend but pushed through. Happy to have kept it under 2 hours though.

F522802B-831C-4985-BBBD-3DB1227CD8A5.jpeg
Dawg why do you run so fast?

Great time, cant wait for this calf to heal up. I was right at the 2 hour mark for a half was looking forward to getting it to 1:45 this year

It's finally warming back up to give me the opportunity to run longer distance during the week.

Dawg why do you run so fast?

Cheers, been doing lots of running with the Garmin which has helped with my pace. Was hoping to do a little better - always next time. My best time is actually a 1:43:01 (June 2014).

Dude is zooming

Thanks. Had an energy bar with me that I was taking a couple of bites out every 6km which helped. Think I may need to factor in water fountains on my next attempt so I can get some fluid into me.

Great time, cant wait for this calf to heal up. I was right at the 2 hour mark for a half was looking forward to getting it to 1:45 this year

Thanks! My calf is tight today, but got the spikey ball and foam roller out which is helping. Good luck for 1:45 this year.

Cheers, been doing lots of running with the Garmin which has helped with my pace. Was hoping to do a little better - always next time. My best time is actually a 1:43:01 (June 2014).
Which watch are you running with? I thought about grabbing one last year during a sale but did not pull the trigger.

Which watch are you running with? I thought about grabbing one last year during a sale but did not pull the trigger.

Got the Garmin Fenix 6x Sapphire, it was 50% off during Black Friday sales.

Haven’t set up a training plan but like that I can just start a run and it provides a suggestion for the day. Today’s is Base - 5:35/km for 49:00.

Think I'm Gonna throw the Saucony Endo Pros and Hoka Mach 4 into my Spring/summer rotation.

What shoes are you all wearing on your runs? I’ve been wearing vapor max 2s but I’m not sure if that’s the best idea. I’m still a novice but I’m trying to beat my personal best of 33 miles in a month.

What shoes are you all wearing on your runs? I’ve been wearing vapor max 2s but I’m not sure if that’s the best idea. I’m still a novice but I’m trying to beat my personal best of 33 miles in a month.

Go to a store like road runner and see what shoe is good for your foot. I was wearing regular Nike running shoes before I went to the store to get a shoe for my foot. I have flat feet and overpronation I need a shoe that basically looks like a boot to keep my ankles from rolling inward lol :lol:

But now I average about 90 miles a month

Was up to 120 mi/mo throughout last spring, summer and fall. In January I took a run in my wet weather shoes and didn’t lace them as tightly as I should and mid-run started feeling pain in my shin... I shoulda shut it down but ran through the pain for another 2-3 weeks.

Anyway my girls father is a retired PT and he gave me some advice for recovery on the shin splints.Took most of February off and in March I’ve been working back up. Feels good to be out there. Legs are there, lungs are not.

Was up to 120 mi/mo throughout last spring, summer and fall. In January I took a run in my wet weather shoes and didn’t lace them as tightly as I should and mid-run started feeling pain in my shin... I shoulda shut it down but ran through the pain for another 2-3 weeks.

Anyway my girls father is a retired PT and he gave me some advice for recovery on the shin splints.Took most of February off and in March I’ve been working back up. Feels good to be out there. Legs are there, lungs are not.
going through it now with a calf strain, just really want to get out there with the weather turning

Go to a store like road runner and see what shoe is good for your foot. I was wearing regular Nike running shoes before I went to the store to get a shoe for my foot. I have flat feet and overpronation I need a shoe that basically looks like a boot to keep my ankles from rolling inward lol :lol:

But now I average about 90 miles a month
totally agree, the difference in how my body feels once i got the proper running shoe was night and day. went from 30 miles a month to 125-150 a month until recently.

Going to a running store tomorrow for the first time :lol: Was just running in ultra boots . Turns out those aren’t the best shoes for running.

What are your thoughts on ON running shoes?
I’m deciding between Hoka,ON and Nike then see what they will recommend based on my gait

Back
Top Bottom