Runners Unite!

I would just like to see what everyones favorite nike running shoe is and why! The vomero's are like Nike's Flagship shoe. What are your opinions?

My running shoes must have air......so i'ma say right now AM 2009 or my Nike Shox TL3

Sorry but AM2009- are made for running ERRANDS

My top 5 :
Adidas Tyranny circa 04
Mizuno Wave Renegade circa 05
New Balance 2001- built and weighs like a tank
Nike Equalon- fairly light and airy
Puma Tenos- a bit too big, otherwise comfortable out of the box.

Originally Posted by T21D

Sorry but AM2009- are made for running ERRANDS

My top 5 :
Adidas Tyranny circa 04
Puma Tenos- a bit too big, otherwise comfortable out of the box.
The thread was about nike runners.

Sorry- Nike Equalon- light airy and affordable. In addtion, I do HAVE a pair of 09'ers. They're comfy but clunky.
367219987.jpg

Sorry- Nike Equalon- light airy and affordable. In addtion, I do HAVE a pair of 09'ers. They're comfy but clunky.
I doubt you have a pair of 09s if you describe them as "clunky."

how do the Vomero compare with asics gel nimbus 10? That's what I am currently running on and looking to get a new pair...I love asics, but if theseNike's are just as good I may give them a try.

If you're buying them to actually run it, Nike running shoes aren't an elite running shoe. Asics Gel-Kayano XV or the Mizuno Wave Creation X are theway to go. Nike doesn't make a running shoe that would even be in my Top 10.

Originally Posted by thesenator2345

If you're buying them to actually run it, Nike running shoes aren't an elite running shoe. Asics Gel-Kayano XV or the Mizuno Wave Creation X are the way to go. Nike doesn't make a running shoe that would even be in my Top 10.
Then you haven't tried any of their new stuff.

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

how do the Vomero compare with asics gel nimbus 10? That's what I am currently running on and looking to get a new pair...I love asics, but if these Nike's are just as good I may give them a try.
favorably. I have several nimbuses. I returned the 10s after one run. They simply don't fit my foot as well as they used to or as well asthe Vomero 4s. The vomero 4 is a bit cushier but just feels better all around to me. I rotate shoes when I run, but I generally run in lunar trainers, freeeverydays, vomero 4s, mizuno waver riders or asics nimbuses or kayanos (I used to run in kinseis but sold all 4 of my pairs).

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I really gotta try those Vomero's... Jeff why are they better than AM 2009s again?
Not sayin' they are "better," just better for running. They were made for runners. They are more flexible, responsive andcushioned. They fit better on your foot too.

Hey jeffgdula, you you normally train with your frees and runlonger with your vomeros? My feet hurt after a while on the frees...I can do about 2 miles max. The vomeros for me are everyday

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

I really gotta try those Vomero's... Jeff why are they better than AM 2009s again?
Not sayin' they are "better," just better for running. They were made for runners. They are more flexible, responsive and cushioned. They fit better on your foot too.
Do both have more impact protection than Zoom RS's??

Sorry but AM2009- are made for running ERRANDS anywhere

My top 5 :
sick.gif

Adidas Tyranny circa 04
sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

sick.gif

Puma Tenos- a bit too big, otherwise comfortable out of the box
sick.gif

fixed.....
wink.gif

I forgot some people are slow.....i shoulda said i need my running shoes to have air.....AND LOOK GOOD and BE NIKES like the thread asks.
Vomeras might feel alittle better but i need my shoes to look good too. I dont need the most super supportive running shoe ever made when i run my AM 2009 - 95- 97 - Plus - Plus 360 - all do just fine for me. Maybe if u an olympic crosstrainer i could see goin all out on some Vomeros or whatever else is suited for ajogging junky. I'm a casual gym treadmill jogger occasionally outside

I'd go with Vomero's as well, but im also intrigued by the Nike Lunar Glides. I also co-sign that AM 2009 arent exactly the best choice for a purerunning show. They are very comfy for everyday wear, thats about it.

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Not sayin' they are "better," just better for running. They were made for runners. They are more flexible, responsive and cushioned. They fit better on your foot too.
Do both have more impact protection than Zoom RS's??

I've never even tried the RSs on but I can't imagine either has less.

I'm currently running in the Lunaracers and the Pegasus 25 SE and I like them both, but am looking at possibly buying the Lunarglides or the AM 2009'sas well.

Back
Top Bottom