Runners Unite!

You guys makin wan't to try some vomeros, but all I've ran in are some structure triax am93's and a90's. I don't recommend the 90's

I still don't understand why the heck you guys are obsessed with a $160 shoe. When you're running, you shouldn't be looking at your feet anyway, sothe looks shouldn't matter to you. If you want to look good for other people, then I guess you could run on a treadmill, but people rarely care about youat the gym so, I don't understand.

Anyway, my favorites are:
-Air Zoom Vomero 3
-Air Zoom Spiridon 2003
-Air Max Moto 5

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Originally Posted by andfattoo

I really gotta try those Vomero's... Jeff why are they better than AM 2009s again?
Not sayin' they are "better," just better for running. They were made for runners. They are more flexible, responsive and cushioned. They fit better on your foot too.
Do both have more impact protection than Zoom RS's??

I've never even tried the RSs on but I can't imagine either has less.

well..... i really hope they are more....... they were great for walking around but for running, they could use more impact protection...... like the zoom bbsfor basketball.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

I still don't understand why the heck you guys are obsessed with a $160 shoe. When you're running, you shouldn't be looking at your feet anyway, so the looks shouldn't matter to you. If you want to look good for other people, then I guess you could run on a treadmill, but people rarely care about you at the gym so, I don't understand.

Anyway, my favorites are:
-Air Zoom Vomero 3
-Air Zoom Spiridon 2003
-Air Max Moto 5
I hated running in Moto 5s. Vomero 4s are better than 3s. You should check them out.

I'm going to run in the Chicago Marathon... I went to Fleet Feet because I figured they would have the best variety of products - so they wouldn't bebiased towards selling me any particular brand - and I tried the Vomero along with some Asics Nimbus and a few other [neutral] shoes. In the end, I had todecide between the Nimbus and the Vomero... I just closed my eyes and let my feet decide... and they decided that the Vomero was too firm. Nimbus marshmallowshoes win... and I'm super Nike loyal.

You are crazy. The Vomeros are cushier than the Nimbuses and I have owned the last several generations of both. No harm in choosing Asics, they make a greatshoe but I don't know anyone who would say the nimbus is cushier than the current vomeros

Also, nike just added 3 new CWs. Here are the next two I will be pickng up:

3631986331_c62039b607.jpg

3631986309_fd093d48b5.jpg

Many people wearing the Vomero shouldn't even be wearing it for long runs. Statistics show more than 2/3 of all people overpronate to some degree. The Vomero looks great, but it's for a neutral foot. TheStructure Triax is the Nike's stability option (countersoverpronation) in that price range, and is, IMO, the best option for medium-weight, high-mileage runner, as long as the fit is right, last-wise. I've alsorun in the Air Equalon, which is the highest priced offering the in the stabilty category. I find the Equalon to be way too soft, almost mushy, while theStructure Triax is firmer and more responsive, yet still very well cushioned.

nus7p.jpg

zoom vomero 3+ for me

haven't tried the 4s yet, but it sounds like i should... i'm due for a new pair as my current vomeros easily have 400+ miles on them (and still goingstrong).

Vomero's and Spiradons are tied for me, but Asics Keyanos over both of them. Hate to say it, but Keyanos are the most consistent series out of all of them.There's a reason why Keyano's are up to XV's, they're like Jordans of running

Originally Posted by Traveler9

Many people wearing the Vomero shouldn't even be wearing it for long runs. Statistics show more than 2/3 of all people overpronate to some degree. The Vomero looks great, but it's for a neutral foot. The Structure Triax is the Nike's stability option (counters overpronation) in that price range, and is, IMO, the best option for medium-weight, high-mileage runner, as long as the fit is right, last-wise. I've also run in the Air Equalon, which is the highest priced offering the in the stabilty category. I find the Equalon to be way too soft, almost mushy, while the Structure Triax is firmer and more responsive, yet still very well cushioned.
Well said. That's what I had picked in my previous post. I have a fairly flat foot and my left overpronates more than the right. I'dsacrifice cushion for protection.

My arsenal :

#1 & 2 Nike Hayward & Nike Skylon
These are my go-to shoes. You can do long or short and they're light, low to the ground, and fast. Not a lot of support or cushioning so they're notfor everyone, but they work very well for me.

#3 Original Nike Free 4.5/5.0
I use these for long, slow runs (10+ miles, ~8:00 minute pace). When these first came out I felt like I'd never run before. I was tired in parts of mylegs that I didn't know I had and I was using a ton of oxygen. It's important to keep in mind that these were actually designed as a strengtheningshoe, not as an everyday runner. Use them sparingly, ease into things, and they will make you a stronger runner.

#4 Nike Vomero 3+
A really good "all around" training shoe. They work well for people who are doing miles and aren't using them for specialized workouts. Goodcushioning, good support, and if you go through a lot of shoes you can find them cheap online. I use these for group runs where it might be slow and casual orit might be brisk. While certainly not my favorite, if I could only have one shoe to do everything this would probably be it.

#5 Nike Lunar Trainers
People seem to have a digital response to these and, in my experience, the love/hate divide seems to happen at about 150 pounds - lighter people think theseare springy, responsive trainers and heavier people often find them mushy and laborious to run in. At 175 pounds I am in the later group and I have come touse them for "resistance training" workouts - long tempo runs where I want to work harder cardiovascularly without the physical wear and recoverytime that would be needed after an equivalent workout with more speed.

Originally Posted by T21D

Many people wearing the Vomero shouldn't even be wearing it for long runs. Statistics show more than 2/3 of all people overpronate to some degree. The Vomero looks great, but it's for a neutral foot. The Structure Triax is the Nike's stability option (counters overpronation) in that price range, and is, IMO, the best option for medium-weight, high-mileage runner, as long as the fit is right, last-wise. I've also run in the Air Equalon, which is the highest priced offering the in the stabilty category. I find the Equalon to be way too soft, almost mushy, while the Structure Triax is firmer and more responsive, yet still very well cushioned.
Well said. That's what I had picked in my previous post. I have a fairly flat foot and my left overpronates more than the right. I'd sacrifice cushion for protection.
I have the asian foot, and I'm still confused as to what my foot enjoys the most. What I mean by "asian" foot is that I have anextremely high arch, yet a small but wide foot (Size 8 but 4E width). I apparently overpronate, as the insides of my Nimbuses have worn down extremely as wellas my Motos, yet I seem to like neutral or supinator shoes the best.

I have ran in Asics 1120s, which were good, but then I switched to the Nike Air Triax 11s, and those hurt my feet after awhile, so I switched to Air Max Moto5's, and those were alright. I may take pictures of how worn down the Nimbus insides are because I think it shows I'm an overpronator, but theydon't pain my feet compared to the Triax 11, which felt like rocks to me. But I may have to run in them outside to give them a fair view as I ran in themon a treadmill.

Originally Posted by Dynamic X

Originally Posted by T21D

Well said. That's what I had picked in my previous post. I have a fairly flat foot and my left overpronates more than the right. I'd sacrifice cushion for protection.
I have the asian foot, and I'm still confused as to what my foot enjoys the most. What I mean by "asian" foot is that I have an extremely high arch, yet a small but wide foot (Size 8 but 4E width). I apparently overpronate, as the insides of my Nimbuses have worn down extremely as well as my Motos, yet I seem to like neutral or supinator shoes the best.

I have ran in Asics 1120s, which were good, but then I switched to the Nike Air Triax 11s, and those hurt my feet after awhile, so I switched to Air Max Moto 5's, and those were alright. I may take pictures of how worn down the Nimbus insides are because I think it shows I'm an overpronator, but they don't pain my feet compared to the Triax 11, which felt like rocks to me. But I may have to run in them outside to give them a fair view as I ran in them on a treadmill.

Dynamic X, treadmills are a nightmare for me. Whenever I'm traveling and choose to run on hotel treadmills, I get very frustrating lower leg pains (takesme weeks to fully recover). I'd encourage you to put several ROAD miles on the Structure Triax before making a final judgement.

for me, with my overpronation and somewhat flat feet, free 5.0s no air. although vomeros are super comfy.

Originally Posted by SINcereOne03

Vomero's and Spiradons are tied for me, but Asics Keyanos over both of them. Hate to say it, but Keyanos are the most consistent series out of all of them. There's a reason why Keyano's are up to XV's, they're like Jordans of running
SINcereOne03, I'm just curious if you know what causes a foot to need a neutral vs. a stability shoe. You're comparing neutral shoes(the Nikes) to a stability shoe (the Asics Kayano). And since the Kayano is your preference of the 3, then you should try Nikes from the stability category...Zoom Equalon, Zoom Structure Triax, Zoom Elite, Air Span, etc.

BUT... It's important to realize that just because a shoe is comfortable to run it doesn't make it an idealshoe. Things like tread wear and discomfort are helpful, but not the most accurate indicators of overpronation vs. supination. A customer really needs to goto a running store with a qualified staff to diagnose needs. My local running store puts customers on a treadmill backed by a video camera, then provides aslomo playback of each foot as it transitions from heelstrike to toe-off, and explains your diagnosis. They then bring out an assortment of shoes fromdifferent brands. They even encourage customers to jog through the parking lot a couple times in them to make sure the fit is right.

Finding the right shoe will allow you to run with your ankles, knees and hips properly aligned. You can certainly run pain-free in a unsuitable shoe, for now. It's joint health and comfort 20 years from now thatyou'll be compromising. Don't risk your joints if you don't have to.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

does anyone know when those black vomero 4s will release?
7/1 is the release day for the white/beets and both showed up on ndc today, so that is my guess.

Vomero's and Spiradons are tied for me, but Asics Keyanos over both of them. Hate to say it, but Keyanos are the most consistent series out of all of them. There's a reason why Keyano's are up to XV's, they're like Jordans of running
by this logic, i guess the pegasus takes the cake! isn't that shoe up to like number 25 or something?

I'm a big fan of Vomeros but I haven't checked out the 4's yet.

One thing I do wish Nike would do with the Vomeros is make a Storm or GTX version during the colder months. The Structure Triaxs are too rigid for my likingand the Pegasus doesn't have enough cushioning.

I mean is it so much to ask for an all-weather version of your top of the line runner?

peace

Jonas

Originally Posted by Jonas Dees

I'm a big fan of Vomeros but I haven't checked out the 4's yet.

One thing I do wish Nike would do with the Vomeros is make a Storm or GTX version during the colder months. The Structure Triaxs are too rigid for my liking and the Pegasus doesn't have enough cushioning.

I mean is it so much to ask for an all-weather version of your top of the line runner?

peace

Jonas

Jonas, I don't know for sure the answer to your question, but I'd speculate this... GTX shoes are geared toward more off-road conditions. Highcushioning is not as important off-road, as most of your steps are on softer natural surfaces. Firmer shoes generally make better trail shoes, as it'smore important to "feel the trail" while still being protected from rocks/roots which might protrude through the bottom of the shoe. Many brands,Brooks, Innov8, LaSportiva, etc. are known for their TPU rock sheild technology in their midsoles. Nike doesn't list such a technology in their GTXofferings, so perhaps they stick with firmer, more rigid shoes for that line. I don't really see super-cushioned shoes like the Vomero or the Equalonbeing highly sought after as off-road kicks.

However, making a warmer version isn't a bad idea. I just run in wool socks in the winter. Several brands make them for running. Patagonia is myfavorite.

I hated running in Moto 5s. Vomero 4s are better than 3s. You should check them out.

I have the 3s which I love and have a couple questions for the 4 owners. What has improved on the 4's? Fit? I don't see any difference at all inpics. Also, after wearing 8.5 in the 1's, I need a size 8 for the 3's. Are the 4's sized the same as the 3's? Thanks

Originally Posted by rayban776

I have the 3s which I love and have a couple questions for the 4 owners. What has improved on the 4's? Fit? I don't see any difference at all in pics. Also, after wearing 8.5 in the 1's, I need a size 8 for the 3's. Are the 4's sized the same as the 3's? Thanks
They are sized the same. Fit was the biggest improvement. It really fits the shape of my foot better (not that the 3s were bad in this regard).

Back
Top Bottom