Ryan Gosling Appreciation Thread

I don't know if Ryan Gosling fits in that list though (not including James Franco and possibly Pitt). Those guys lose themselves in their roles.

Ryan is great but he still needs a more broader range. He still has times to prove himself though.

I think his career will be similar to Leo's.

I love Ryan Gosling so much... like... I LIKE my BF a whole lot. A WHOLE, WHOLE LOT. That's my boo!!!!

But let Ryan Gosling walk through the door and be like "Hey girl...." :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: *sploosh*

Last edited:
He used to be on some show I watched as a kid... either Sweet Valley High or the one that came on afterwards about the High School on a boat.

I was jelly back then, I was a late bloomer...now if I was famous he might have some competition...

I don't know if Ryan Gosling fits in that list though (not including James Franco and possibly Pitt). Those guys lose themselves in their roles.
Ryan is great but he still needs a more broader range. He still has times to prove himself though.
I think his career will be similar to Leo's.
I feel you on that he needs a broader range but this past year he DEF proved a LOT of critics wrong. He was in a drama, comedy, AND action in one year. Add that to his upcoming Gangster Squad film. Dude simply cannot miss right now. Him and Joseph Gordon Levitt are the Golden boys in Hollywood right now. (You can also include Tom Hardy as well)

Just watched Half Nelson. Slow movie but he did a good job.

My favorite movie with him is probably The Ides of March 
nthat.gif

Can't wait for gangster Squad man.

Btw, his character in Drive is so dope. I can see why people didnt like him in that movie, but his character relates to me so I found it so dope man.

IMO his best movie

NT fam I'm sick today, I want to watch a movie while im in bed.

Ive seen most of goslings movies but I havent seen Ides of March, All Good Things, or Stay.

Do you guys thing I should watch one of those? Or one that ive already seen (the rest of his work).

Basically are any of those 3 worth watching for the first time over watching Blue Valentine or Fracture again for the 2nd time.

Recently RottenTomatoes ratings have disappointed me so I've learned not to trust their reviews too much anymore. :smh:

Last edited:
NT fam I'm sick today, I want to watch a movie while im in bed.
Ive seen most of goslings movies but I havent seen Ides of March, All Good Things, or Stay.
Do you guys thing I should watch one of those? Or one that ive already seen (the rest of his work).
Basically are any of those 3 worth watching for the first time over watching Blue Valentine or Fracture again for the 2nd time.
Recently RottenTomatoes ratings have disappointed me so I've learned not to trust their reviews too much anymore. :smh:

Ides of march is a must see. Not only does gosling shine but clooney and Hoffman as well

You lost all credibility when you put James Franco above Gosling. I hate to play this card, but you have no right to have an opinion on Gosling's acting unless you have seen his two best works, Blue Valentine and Half Nelson
I've seen both. James Franco is a great actor... and Brad Pitt is a great actor as well better than Gosling for sure.

I saw Drive and I thought it was good, but Gosling is overrated as an actor to me. I really don't understand the appeal.

I've seen both. James Franco is a great actor... and Brad Pitt is a great actor as well better than Gosling for sure.

If you put it in terms of their careers overall, then of course, Pitt blows Gosling out of the water. But right now, at the end of 2012, nobody is touching Gosling, JGL, and Tom Hardy. Nobody. Those three are red hot right now

He's gonna be in another movie with the same director from Drive. "Only God Forgives" is about a muay thai fighter turned gangster. I am excite

Back
Top Bottom