(((((SAN DIEGO THREAD - POST ALL SD INFO HERE)))))

Quote:
Draft: 1st round: Buster Davis ILB, Sydney Rice WR, Dwayne Bowe WR, Steve Smith WR (USC)
ers. if we draft a linebacker, it wouldn't be until the third or later. tim dobbins was drafted in the 06 draft and he looks very promising.

steve smith won't be a first round pick. he's more of a keary colbert clone if anything else. the guy i would compare him to in the pros? our own eric parker, only better built.

i think the two most pressing needs are safety and receiver. seeing as how there isn't a whole lot to get excited about in free agency, it's probably better to get those two needs through the draft.

we need to get a safety in the first round. at 30th pick, the one that i see available and WORTH taking is michael griffin from texas. laron landry from LSU and reggie nelson from florida will probably be looooooooong gone before then. it'd also be too early to take eric weddle from utah and brandon meriweather from the U.

and if griffin is gone, we have to go with a receiver. the only receivers that may be worth taking 30th that are viable deep threats are sidney rice from south carolina, robert meachem from tennessee, and craig davis from LSU. maybe even quentin jammer's cousin johnnie lee higgins from UTEP.

and whatever we couldn't get in the first round, we get in the second. hopefully we can get that safety in the first round because this draft is incredibly deep at wide receiver. we can probably get a first round talent in the second round.

seeing as how we'll get a third round compensatory pick because of drew brees, reche caldwell, and ben leber, we can probably trade our existing third round pick to help ourselves move up into the draft somewhere if need be and still have a third round pick.

we may need to get a guard too since kris dielman is probably going to command a whole lot of money. hopefully AJ can get him signed fast before someone shells out an insane amount of money for him.

i love the draft.

and yes, i type too much. :\
ohwell.gif
don't click

Wow...u want sooo many WRs.

Don't forget we got Tim Dobbins as ILB.

WR - You don't think our WRs are good enough? I think we'll pick one up in the draft.

Safeties - Just because McCree cost us the game doesn't mean we should get rid of him. Better him than Jerry Wilson. Kiel is good as well. You don't hear much about him on the field. It wouldn't hurt to draft a new young safety though.

Guard - Dielman will be back. We have enough cap room.

Turner - Dammit we should resign him. He's the reason why LT was soooo damn healthy.

^^^true...i hope turner re-signs w/ us. like everyone and their mom knows, he's a starter on several teams in the L. looks like we get marty back for one more year....hope cam stays!!!

Do you think Wilhelm and cooper will do a good job stopping the run?

Cooper seems a little aggressive, shooting gaps early. Godfrey to me made a big difference, he's patient. Wilhelm is a pretty good coverage LB tho. I remember him getting that interception, forgot what game that was, I think it was a raider game last year.

D.W.A.I. is our very own NTSD Mel Kiper!
pimp.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:
Dennis, hows the knee? Your out for two weeks buddy. We said no liqour for the game but you refused.

The knee is busted. Went bowling on it. Not a good idea.

Yeah, I'm probably sidelined from any active walking for a good one.

I'll see you on Saturday though, trying to bowl during the birthday party.
laugh.gif

TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant​
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​
4L8O15S16T23!42

Michael Turner is a RFA meaning we can place a tender on him and if someone offers him a contract, we have a week to match it or the other team can sign him but has to give us compensation in the form of draft picks.

Kevin Acey (sp?) from the Union Tribune was on the air a few days ago saying how Turner will be back as a Charger next year as he doesnt see anyone willing to give up a first rounder for Turner.

Quote:
Noone at EHS went anywhere, except to play w/ me at some of the Adult leagues.

Probably back in your day, but my homie Justin Omalev, class of '04, went to play for the OFFENSE FIRST, GIVE-UP DEFENSE at University of Redlands (they were featured on FSN West a couple years back for being a high scoring offense). Tim Manglicmont, class of '01, actually made the practice squad at UC Berkeley. EDIT: And there's a dude who plays there right now who claims to be ranked nationwide, according to his myspace that I ran into.

We got a lot of people playing football though at SDSU, USD, and Grossmont (who just won the national championship for JC's in football).

Justin sucks and gets no play...please tell him I said that!

=)

I've known Justin and his family for years and he plays on our League team in the off season.

Have you ever been to a Redlands game?

UN-FRICKIN-BELIEVABLE.

Half the time you sit there pulling out your hair because of the Defense and substitutions. But they do have the highest scoring average (and worst points allowed average) in NCAA history. Very weird system but whatever. Hopefully next year will be better.

Omar didn't know that Tim made the b Squad...that's pretty cool.

Andre Torres from the c/o 99 made the SDSU team.

Joel Jones from 99 started for Sac State.

Keith Spencer went to Humblodt (I think).

At least we had Gonzo go #1 in the MLB Draft...

If that isn't good enough, EHS always has Wade Curry of the Wildcats/Wildfire!

Or Something.

mira mesa got the likes of michael pittman and teyo johnson ahhaha and across town we got kellen winslow at scripps.

but at scripps none of us liked kellan. he was extremely arrogant

"it really saved me in the end because all they found in my closets were shoes beautiful shoes and not skeletons." - IMELDA MARCOS

Quote:
I'll see you on Saturday though, trying to bowl during the birthday party.

I doubt im going. I don't have money to buy Jordan a gift. Working only 2 days a week aint cuttin it when unpaid 12 hr clinicals at the hospital takes up most my week.

yeaaaa boyee! MVHS in da house! Supra you went there? what years? oh yea and be on the look out for Darrell Mack and Clinton Snyder in the next few drafts... they are solid gold. products of MONARCH football holms!
NEED LIST: Undefeated Dunk, Pinstripe Blazer, De La Soul Hi Dunk, GM Vandal (size 9.5 or 10)
For Sale: Purple Patent Avenger Dunk sz10, Reebok Answer V sz10 blk/blk, Jordan XIV blk/red sz8
TEAM SD MEMBER #31

^^^haha...mvhs alums. way before your time i'm sure. michael wiley came out of there too. played a couple of years for the cowgirls...i last saw that fu budded up at some club in LA!!!

honorable mention: morse had cliff livingston

^ Really? Wow. I would've asked her to prom
TEAM SAN DIEGO
LT, Lights Out, Gates, Rivers, JWilliams, Castillo, McNeill, Neal, Hoffman, Peavy​

Quote:
Bonita Vista has Stephanie Swift.

Mr. Swift's (RIP) daughter?
TeamLakers
"It's the length of one day, one half, one shot clock. This number is my promise, to dominate every moment." -Kobe Bryant​
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​
4L8O15S16T23!42

^
Oh thanks for the clarification....

I know Montgomery has Adrianna Sage.
tongue.gif

TeamLakers
4L8O15S16T23!42

Quote:
If that isn't good enough, EHS always has Wade Curry of the Wildcats/Wildfire!

Wade Curry? He played on the CIF championship team from 01, right? I think I remember him... I was playing Freshmen ball that year. And isn't Wildfire from the Balboa league? I was playing in the 18 and under league there and we played a Wildfire.

I totally forgot about Adrian Gonzalez. Ha. He's the best thing to come out of EHS. I heard they had this whole pep assembly dedicated to retiring his number.

Adriana Sage... MMM MMM, you know what's up Christer!

Back
Top Bottom