Santorum: Liberals "are the anti-science ones"------ Conservatives can we have a heart-to-heart?

I don't get it.

The internet is the most useful tool for people to find any kind of information they need or want, yet people still question how a Presidential candidate that shouldn't win, is winning?

"Presidents aren't elected, they are selected".

And if you haven't realized that the only logical person to have in our white house is Ron Paul, then you'll never get it.

He claimed that "62 percent of kids who go into college with a faith commitment leave without it," but declined to cite a source for the figure.

This guy is an absolute clown.

Originally Posted by sillyputty

At one point, Santorum was fed a statement which included the proposition that “Republican Party is trying to repeal Woodstock.â€

430682_10151319707955471_435917560470_23002125_1868221539_n.jpg

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

I don't get it.

The internet is the most useful tool for people to find any kind of information they need or want, yet people still question how a Presidential candidate that shouldn't win, is winning?

And if you haven't realized that the only logical person to have in our white house is Ron Paul, then you'll never get it.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Bruh... Ron Paul has more flaws than Barack does...and Barack is the President.

I want the troops home too...but dont think for a second that Paul will change ANYTHING. Gold Standard?

For every 1 good thing Paul says, hes completely out of the loop on like 3 things.

The president probably doesn't even control troop deployment anymore, from what i've seen. Those dudes are just patsy's now. 

Originally Posted by TheFoteenth

I don't get it.

Would you be all right with a Romney/Paul ticket? 
romney-paul-2.jpg

last time i checked, da only states that are booming, are those experiencing developing thanks to fracking and shale oil...

so us as a nation is supposed to handcuff ourselves despite da fact that we're sitting on billions upon billions of coal and natural gas that will keep our energy cost cheap for

a LONG time....? hell no.

sanctorum is a kook though, his positions on social issues are Victorian era prude.....
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

look at da keystone pipeline for example, da envior nuts are doing all they can to stop it, yet canada is gonna develop and sell that oil whether we da US cops it or not.

I'll be damned if Neville Longbottom is in charge of our country
Neville_poa.jpg

Makes sense that there is a person like Santorum. That doesn't scare me. What scares me is the fact that there are millions of Americans that agree with the absolute insanity he spews. Relocating to another country in the next five years is something I'm looking into.

i think its hilarious that virtually every GOP candidate (except for paul) has cited god's will and god's pull and god's insistance as the reason that they are running for president. where is god's will when they're getting smoked in every state by another candidate who claims he is running on god's will? how much $*+***@ will does god have and why is he wasting his will on getting these worthless candidates to run? hilarious.

Social conservatives are a contradiction to the small government ideals of the Republican party. I don't want Santorum sliding the condom off my d. But Obama still scares me.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

last time i checked, da only states that are booming, are those experiencing developing thanks to fracking and shale oil...

so us as a nation is supposed to handcuff ourselves despite da fact that we're sitting on billions upon billions of coal and natural gas that will keep our energy cost cheap for

a LONG time....? hell no.

sanctorum is a kook though, his positions on social issues are Victorian era prude.....
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

look at da keystone pipeline for example, da envior nuts are doing all they can to stop it, yet canada is gonna develop and sell that oil whether we da US cops it or not.

NinjaHood...exactly HOW FAR FORWARD do you look when you say these things?

The only justification for us continuing foreign oil dependence would be to justify our expansion across the globe if you felt that our domestic reserves were adequate enough to meet that need.

...and that seems far less likely considering the types of conspiracies you'd be implicating.

[h1]
[h1]
[h1][/h1]
Delighted Obama raises cash with NBA celebrities
JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press
Updated 04:17 a.m., Friday, February 24, 2012
WINDERMERE, Fla. (AP) — Reveling in his sporting element, President Barack Obama waded into the oversize embrace of some of the biggest names in professional basketball Thursday, raising money from current and former NBA greats and an intimate group of supporters drawn to this weekend's All-Star game in nearby Orlando.
Obama indulged his NBA habit at the home of Dallas Mavericks guard Vince Carter where about 70 guests gathered for a $30,000-a-person fundraiser. Among those invited were former L.A. Lakers star Earvin "Magic" Johnson, former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning and Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers.
Mark Cuban, the Mavericks' owner, and Obama embraced warmly as the president entered.
The group gathered in Carter's gymnasium, with the scoreboard showing 2012 on the clock and the score tied at 44, Obama being the 44th president.
"It's a nice gym," Obama observed, understatedly. "Vince said he left the other side open in case I wanted to get in a dunk contest with him. I told him I didn't bring my sneakers, so not tonight."
Obama thanked NBA Commissioner David Stern, also in attendance, for resolving the basketball lockout that delayed the start of the basketball season.
"I don't know what I would be doing with myself if I at least didn't have some basketball games around," Obama said.
The fundraiser capped a day hauling in campaign cash, taunting Republicans and pushing his energy policy in the face of rising gasoline prices.
Obama, appearing in a state he carried in 2008 and one he may need to win again to hold the White House, cast Republicans as protectors of the wealthy, telling supporters at a fundraiser that the GOP hopefuls seeking his job would leave everyone else to fend for themselves. His comments came after he had assailed Republicans earlier in the day for offering what he described as flawed and dishonest plans to lower gasoline prices.
"I'm here to tell them they are wrong about America," Obama said. "Because in America we understand — yes, we're rugged individuals. Yes, we don't expect a handout. But we also understand we are greater together than we are on our own."
The president headlined three campaign fundraisers in Florida, a traditional political battleground that could be key to his re-election hopes. But he had more than the November election on his mind.
An avid basketball fan, the president also lamented missing Thursday night's highly anticipated NBA matchup in South Florida between the Miami Heat and the New York Knicks â€” including the Knicks' emerging superstar, Jeremy Lin.
"I'm resentful I'm not going to the game tonight. I'm mad about that," Obama joked. "It's not right. It's not fair."
Obama did manage to watch the first half of the game on television aboard Air Force One. The plane — a smaller 757 instead of his usual 747 — landed in Orlando as the first half ended with the Heat up 51-47.
The Knicks have catapulted to national attention by stringing together a series of wins on the shoulders of Lin, a previously unknown Chinese American Harvard University grad who has captured imaginations among fan and non-fan alike and given rise to a new emotion, "Linsanity." The craze has reached the White House, with presidential spokesman Jay Carney confessing last week that Lin was the subject of presidential talk aboard Marine One, the president's helicopter.
Obama also raised money at the Coral Gables home of developer Chris Korge, a top fundraiser for Hillary Rodham Clinton's 2008 presidential campaign. About 100 supporters paid at least $15,000 to attend the event inside Korge's walled compound.
"We've got a good story to tell about the last three years, but I'm not done here," the president said. "I need five more years."
Last week, Obama took a three-day West Coast trip and raised about $8 million in eight campaign events.
Before his fundraising blitz, Obama spoke to a campaign-like crowd at the University of Miami to defend his energy policy in the midst of spiking gasoline prices.
He predicted his Republican rivals would offer nothing but more drilling and political promises of $2-a-gallon gas.
"That's not a plan, especially since we're already drilling," he said. "That's a bumper sticker."
His trip to Florida came as gasoline has reached the highest price at the pump ever for this time of year: an average of $3.58 per gallon. White House advisers see it as a cyclical occurrence but knew Obama had to address the topic, one of deep concern to consumers and growing fodder for Republicans seeking to unseat Obama.
Obama said gasoline prices were "like a tax straight out of their paychecks." He promoted an energy agenda of oil, gas, wind, solar, nuclear and biofuel energy.
And he took aim at Republicans.
"You can bet that since it's an election year, they're already dusting off their three-point plans for $2 gas. I'll save you the suspense: Step one is to drill, step two is to drill, and step three is to keep drilling. ... We've heard the same thing for 30 years. Well, the American people aren't stupid."
Obama insisted there are no short-term solutions to high gas prices, and that anyone suggesting otherwise was not being honest. Still, he sought to offer something to anxious voters by saying he had ordered his administration to search for every possible area to help consumers in the coming months.
He sought to take credit for rising oil and natural gas production, a greater mix of energy sources and decreased consumption. He promoted an energy strategy that the administration says will reduce dependence on foreign oil in the long term.
Republicans have seized on the issue, citing Obama's decision to reject a permit for a cross-country oil pipeline as evidence of a misguided policy. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum has warned of $5-a-gallon gasoline, while former House Speaker Newt Gingrich has said he could lower prices to $2.50 a gallon.
Obama aides worry that the rise in prices could reverse the country's economic gains and the president's improved political standing. A new Associated Press-GfK poll shows that though Obama's approval rating on the economy has climbed, 58 percent disapprove of what he's doing on gas prices.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.c...354701.php#ixzz1nLWqGrnLhttp://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...ith-NBA-celebrities-3354701.php#ixzz1nLWqGrnL
[/h1]
[/h1]
http://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...ith-NBA-celebrities-3354701.php#ixzz1nLWqGrnL

[h1]Obama aides worry that the rise in prices could reverse the country's economic gains and the president's improved political standing. A new Associated Press-GfK poll shows that though Obama's approval rating on the economy has climbed, 58 percent disapprove of what he's doing on gas prices.[/h1]
yea....im betting obama buckles on that pipeline before election day
laugh.gif

if gas hits 5 dollars a gallon you think thats da ONLY thing gonig up in price? anything that gets transported with gasoline will pass all that extra gasoline cost to da consumer.

I'm voting for Barack because he hangs with current and former NBA players.

as humans why are regulations on making coal and natural gas more clean a bad thing?

Because it is essentially a tax. Which then goes to subsidize an industry that may never produce any sustainable power...ever. The problem is not wanting to have cleaner fuels the problem is making people invest in something that may never pay off without their consent or knowledge. If there is a viable alternative to coal it will materialize the same way coal did. If you want to pay higher energy prices until this "alternative energy" pops up you go right ahead but do not make me pay for it.

Why is looking for alternative energy a bad thing?
See question above. Who is going to pay for it? And by what means? Force?

Why should we think nature will "take care of itself?"
Because it always has?

Why shouldn't we think that humans are the only species that matters?

See question above. People who share my view do not think that humans are the only species that matter. We think that when we get out of hand nature will handle us. The "invisible hand" so to speak.

Why is it ok to strip mine the land to death?

See question above.

I want the troops home too...but dont think for a second that Paul will change ANYTHING. Gold Standard?

Ron Paul personally favors a gold standard (We will return to one whether he becomes president or not because Gold is money we have talked about this before) but he does not plan to impose one. He wants competing currencies with the Federal Reserve Note (Dollar) so the market can decide what the currency is. The market would pick gold every time and I would go so far so to say the only reason we are not on a "Gold Standard" as you say (quotes because I do not know what that means to you maybe you do not understand its ramifications) right now is because we are on a oil standard. Gold is a better standard than oil (because oil has a very important use besides backing currency) that is why we will be returning to one in the future.

The only justification for us continuing foreign oil dependence would be to justify our expansion across the globe if you felt that our domestic reserves were adequate enough to meet that need.

...and that seems far less likely considering the types of conspiracies you'd be implicating.

You have to realize that oil reserves are literally this countries currency reserves. All dollar (Federal Reserve Note) denominated assets value would vanish into thin air if the relationship oil has to the economy changed in any significant way. That is until they get back on to a Gold Standard. If you believe in Peak Oil or not you have to realize that monied interest are vested in keeping this going until they can return to a Gold Standard.

EDIT*** I cannot stand Santorum
laugh.gif
He is a joke.

Originally Posted by theone2401

as humans why are regulations on making coal and natural gas more clean a bad thing?

Because it is essentially a tax. Which then goes to subsidize an industry that may never produce any sustainable power...ever. 

Isn't that why the government steps in...and subsidizes industries in the first place? 

The problem is not wanting to have cleaner fuels the problem is making people invest in something that may never pay off without their consent or knowledge. If there is a viable alternative to coal it will materialize the same way coal did.

Do you REALLY think there is significant interest in alternatives OR resources being fairly allocated to these endeavors? 
Do you REALLY think that coal magnates and oil barons are allowing alternatives to gain traction?

If you want to pay higher energy prices until this "alternative energy" pops up you go right ahead but do not make me pay for it.

But you already have been paying for things that have worked out in the long run that were passed along to consumers.

A report came out saying that new cars are on average 14% more efficient than they were 4 years ago because of such mandates.

http://green.autoblog.com...ent-than-four-years-ago/

Why is looking for alternative energy a bad thing?
See question above. Who is going to pay for it? And by what means? Force?

Were you against going to the Moon?

Why should we think nature will "take care of itself?"
Because it always has? 

Are you SERIOUS?
Well I guess we should just PACK UP in Nigeria, right? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17126335

The Exxon Valdez would have been fine. I guess we overreacted. 

The deep-horizon gulf incident in 2010 was a cake-walk.

I'm sure there is something inherently unnecessary in preventing us from breathing LA or Hong Kong smog...and I'm sure Erin Brockovich was just an uppity little busy-body. 

Why shouldn't we think that humans are the only species that matters?

See question above. People who share my view do not think that humans are the only species that matter. We think that when we get out of hand nature will handle us. The "invisible hand" so to speak.

So go for broke, huh? 
Incredible. 

So you don't even care about trying to make the fun last longer than it will on the road we're on?

"Nature will handle us"...What arrogance. Its as if you don't CARE about preserving what took MILLIONS of years to create...and using it all in a period of a few hundred years.

Why is it ok to strip mine the land to death?

See question above.

Thats right. I forgot. You don't give a damn.

I want the troops home too...but dont think for a second that Paul will change ANYTHING. Gold Standard?

Ron Paul personally favors a gold standard (We will return to one whether he becomes president or not because Gold is money we have talked about this before) but he does not plan to impose one.

A gold standard would RUIN the world. Its too far gone. Plus, its horribly inefficient. Reform is needed, but gold isn't the way to go. 
He wants competing currencies with the Federal Reserve Note (Dollar) so the market can decide what the currency is. The market would pick gold every time and I would go so far so to say the only reason we are not on a "Gold Standard" as you say (quotes because I do not know what that means to you maybe you do not understand its ramifications) right now is because we are on a oil standard. Gold is a better standard than oil (because oil has a very important use besides backing currency) that is why we will be returning to one in the future.

I don't think you really believe we're returning to a gold standard.

You have to realize that oil reserves are literally this countries currency reserves. All dollar (Federal Reserve Note) denominated assets value would vanish into thin air if the relationship oil has to the economy changed in any significant way.

Is this a contradiction?

That is until they get back on to a Gold Standard. If you believe in Peak Oil or not you have to realize that monied interest are vested in keeping this going until they can return to a Gold Standard.

Are you seriously suggesting that we're at constant war to propagate foreign quest for oil to delay our return to the gold standard?
I'm trying to understand the point you're setting up here. 

EDIT*** I cannot stand Santorum 
laugh.gif
 He is a joke.

Sounds like you'd vote for one of his colleagues on the primary debate stages with him though. 

republicans are being torn in 1/2 because they have been hijacked by right wing conservative evangelicals are HELL BENT to on outlawing a women's right to choice whether to have children.

But da dems are in trouble too, cuz sooner or later, they're gonna be hijacked by left wing environmentalist nuts who are HELL BENT on de-industrialzation.

both fringes are da party are radical and illogical.

da presidential race should be more about policy issues and less about social morality.

Not that I back either party, but the difference between Democrats and Republicans is that the Democrats keep their crazies in line. (or completely disown them)

Originally Posted by ninjahood

republicans are being torn in 1/2 because they have been hijacked by right wing conservative evangelicals are HELL BENT to on outlawing a women's right to choice whether to have children.

But da dems are in trouble too, cuz sooner or later, they're gonna be hijacked by left wing environmentalist nuts who are HELL BENT on de-industrialzation.

both fringes are da party are radical and illogical.

da presidential race should be more about policy issues and less about social morality.
I'd argue that "environmentalist nuts" taking over the Democratic party is much less likely than what has already happened to the Republican party. Environmentalists have always been around and will be around. If it weren't for environmentalists raising awareness to the stuff that allows capitalism to happen, our planet would be a vastly more disgusting and toxic place. Most Democrats are capitalist as opposed to what Republicans would like you to think.

Back
Top Bottom