Saw SHUTTER ISLAND tonight- vol. yes, it's better than The Departed **Spoilers within**

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

wow wow WOWwhat a film! scorcese took a huge puzzle that I completed inside mymind and completely shattered it and cut each piece into 4 parts, and Ihave to rebuild it

true mind %%!% right there, I drove the whole ride home with the music on mute just trying to connect the dots in my head

eek.gif
Love that ride home when your mind is blown from a good film.
pimp.gif

^^

Spoiler [+]
nah he wasn't crazy...."live as a monster or die a good man"...monster = guy who killed wife (who also blames himself for his kids' death)...good man = teddy

It's Marty and Leo people. That's all you have to know to understand that the movie will be good.

One of the best movies I seen recently and movie makes you think for sure.

SPOILER: Did he kill his kids or only his wife for killing his kids? I was little confused about it.

Best movie i've seen since The Dark Knight.

Leaving the theater I was convinced i had the ending.

Then as I drove home I thought about it and changed my mind. Not sure what to think still..

Great movie
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Best movie i've seen since The Dark Knight.

Leaving the theater I was convinced i had the ending.

Then as I drove home I thought about it and changed my mind. Not sure what to think still..

Great movie
pimp.gif

Im still not even sure lol, theres enough evidence to prove both sides, its mind bending
sick.gif

im not a big fan of the movie after seeing it. dont get me wrong, it was a good film (well acted, cinematography, build up) and the intensity and suspense kept me in the entire movie, but i just felt played by the end of it. you just had no clues or ideas throughout the movie to believe that it could end that way.

i do appreciate scorsese's (sp?) social commentary of people who are diagnosed as "crazy," "delusional," or "psychotic."

Originally Posted by SiccWittit33

pimp.gif
ptrakarn23 wrote:

holy $%#! this is MIND BLOWING...

eek.gif
eek.gif
movie tripped me out. i dunno what the ending is. i think want to believe leo

Originally Posted by baik

^^

Spoiler [+]
nah he wasn't crazy...."live as a monster or die a good man"...monster = guy who killed wife (who also blames himself for his kids' death)...good man = teddy
Spoiler [+]
Picked the wrong word there, I didn't mean crazy. What I meant to say was that I didn't want to believe that all of it was true and that he was actually Andrew

movie was very good
 the only thing that bothered me was in a certain scene his hair was normal then it cut to a different angle and it looked like he had just got a new haircut.

pimp.gif
score was amazing too

The film was quite good for the first hour. That is all I will say, don't wanna hurt the fanboys feelings.

Originally Posted by moe200069

im not a big fan of the movie after seeing it. dont get me wrong, it was a good film (well acted, cinematography, build up) and the intensity and suspense kept me in the entire movie, but i just felt played by the end of it. you just had no clues or ideas throughout the movie to believe that it could end that way.

i do appreciate scorsese's (sp?) social commentary of people who are diagnosed as "crazy," "delusional," or "psychotic."
If you think about it, there were plenty of clues and ideas that helped prove the end. Although, I'm still not sure if I have the ending down, too much mind blowing @#$# in that movie
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Spoiler [+]
I can't decide if the woman in the cave was real. That makes me think he is Teddy and isn't crazy. Then I think it never showed Andrew with the scared face in the actual hospital meaning Leo killed his wife. I almost think Leo wasn't crazy and "Chuck" works for the government and doesn't want their secret out.

I'm still puzzled, I guess I need to read the book.

Spoiler [+]
I can't decide if the woman in the cave was real. That makes me think he is Teddy and isn't crazy. Then I think it never showed Andrew with the scared face in the actual hospital meaning Leo killed his wife. I almost think Leo wasn't crazy and "Chuck" works for the government and doesn't want their secret out.

Your spoiler is exactly what I want to be true...

And people are saying this is one of Scorsese's worst. %#@$ outta here
laugh.gif

I thought it was really good. The build up to the ending, you didn't see it coming, but you did see it coming at the same time (those who saw the movie will understand). Leo and Scorsese are
pimp.gif
. I need to read the book, two of my friends read it and said it was better, as the movie left some details out, but they too enjoyed it very much.

Spoiler [+]
Months ago, when I first saw the trailer that was first put out, I honestly said "I think he is the 67th inmate". As the movie progressed, I realized he was being experimented on when he was given the second dosage of migraine pills. But when it was the end, I gave a thought that maybe he wasn't crazy. But then once the movie ended, I said aloud "He found sanity by pleading insanity", as he walked to the Lighthouse. %#@$, I just don't know how to figure out the final outcome of Leo's character.

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

Spoiler [+]

Your spoiler is exactly what I want to be true...
So do I. But I really do think that
Spoiler [+]
he was crazy, and that he did kill his wife. But that's the beauty of the book/film, you have no idea
laugh.gif

I think dude was crazy, and overcame it, but choose a life of numbness (lobotomy) than actually having to life with the everyday pain of what happened...

Think about the scene when he interrogated the nurses and how they were all laughing at him and how the cop laughed at him when he walked up pententiary C...They were all laughing with him cause they knew dude was an "patient."  Plus the scene with the woman was way too bizarre, how was she surviving on that small island, by eating rats?

Back
Top Bottom