SCAMMER ALERT - Balloonoboy

Not surprised.
I'm definitely not surprised. Not one bit.

If you know balloonoboy's history on here (used to be known as ellamate, danextgrate, etc.)...you understand that this fits with what he's about.

Dude pulls this type of **** every few years on whatever his latest SN is...
When you guys see him pop up with a new SN why not call him out?
exactly
mean.gif

how you guys letting a scammer come back on here year after year with a new SN?
Wut? 
laugh.gif
 Dude just comes back with new SNs and scams every once in a while. 
mean.gif

So hes a serial scammer, you guys know when he reemerges and don't say anything? Thats basically assistant scamming. He should be ip banned by now.

So hes a serial scammer, you guys know when he reemerges and don't say anything? Thats basically assistant scamming. He should be ip banned by now.

NT done fell off, seriously.

im legit mad that dudes are letting people just start over after scamming in the past.

what has this site become? :x

I hope you get your change back playa....The reason why I only do face to face......good luck

you should get your money back if you payed through an invoice. that's the best secure way you can pay something through the internet. Oh and never pay through "gifts" on Paypal.

You can get your money back if you pay as a gift also as long as you use a credit card that's linked to your PayPal.

Some clown filed a chargeback a month after he received some shoes I sold him last year even though he paid via gift. PayPal ruled in his favor and my account was negative. After going back and forth with PayPal and asking them why I should owe them money if he has the shoes and the money and speaking to supervisor after supervisor and threatening to call the better business beauru and my state attorney generals office about this they gave me my money back after going through numerous loops and bounds.

That being said, your still protected as a buyer if you pay as a gift as long as you used a credit card linked to your PayPal and as a seller you still need to be careful who you deal with because even if the buyer pays as a gift they can file a fraudulent chargeback.

Damn, that's a shame. I guess them whales he dates started getting expensive on the food front.

Some clown filed a chargeback a month after he received some shoes I sold him last year even though he paid via gift. PayPal ruled in his favor and my account was negative. After going back and forth with PayPal and asking them why I should owe them money if he has the shoes and the money and speaking to supervisor after supervisor and threatening to call the better business beauru and my state attorney generals office about this they gave me my money back after going through numerous loops and bounds.

That was your fault tho. PayPal didn't owe you a cent.

How is someone filing a fraudulent chargeback my fault when I have no control over that? One way or another I was going to get my money back, either from the buyer, I had his info and knew people in his area, or through PayPal. PayPal isn't a bank nor a lending company and a negative PayPal has no effect on your credit score if you don't pay it back and you can easily make a new paypal. I let them know that and that I had no intent on paying back money when I was a victim of fraud and after arguing and arguing and calling numerous times I got the situation fixed.

End of the day, buyers have protection if they pay as a gift if they use a credit card linked to their PayPal so they have some level of security in the case the seller pulls some funny stuff.

How is someone filing a fraudulent chargeback my fault when I have no control over that? One way or another I was going to get my money back, either from the buyer, I had his info and knew people in his area, or through PayPal. PayPal isn't a bank nor a lending company and a negative PayPal has no effect on your credit score if you don't pay it back and you can easily make a new paypal. I let them know that and that I had no intent on paying back money when I was a victim of fraud and after arguing and arguing and calling numerous times I got the situation fixed.

End of the day, buyers have protection if they pay as a gift if they use a credit card linked to their PayPal so they have some level of security in the case the seller pulls some funny stuff.
That's not buyer's protection(paypal), that's cc proctection.

You frauded paypal and got frauded.

Karma?

i thought if you recieved a payment as a gift. youre good

The buyer can file a chargeback with their credit card company and still get their funds back. If they do, PayPal will take the funds from you after the chargeback is filed.

Knowing that, I don't mind paying as a gift if it gives me the option of saving a few bucks knowing I can file a chargeback in the case the seller tries to scam me. Hell even when sending regular payments its best to use your linked credit cards because a credit card chargeback is much more effective then PayPal buyer protection

Have you ever broke a rule before or downloaded music or bought a bootleg cd? If so, get off your high horse.

Dude would've filed a chargeback regardless if he paid as a normal payment or as a gift.

And on that issue without changing to original topic of baloonboy being a scammer, if buyers have issue with either paying as a gift or covering the fees then they shouldn't haggle a seller on a listed price. Its unreasonable to expect a seller to lower their price down but not work with them as well.

Have you ever broke a rule before or downloaded music or bought a bootleg cd? If so, get off your high horse.

Dude would've filed a chargeback regardless if he paid as a normal payment or as a gift.

And on that issue without changing to original topic of baloonboy being a scammer, if buyers have issue with either paying as a gift or covering the fees then they shouldn't haggle a seller on a listed price. Its unreasonable to expect a seller to lower their price down but not work with them as well.
You ask for gift payments so your buyers can't file a claim or pay seller fees right?

Did you know that buyers could do that before that situation happened to you?

The person who did that to you was in the wrong, IF he did it so he could keep the kicks/money.

If you had asked the seller to pay regularly as you're supposed to, the buyer would have had to ship back the kicks before paypal refunded his money.

Last edited:
You ask for gift payments so your buyers can't file a claim or pay seller fees right?

The person who did that to you was in the wrong, IF he did it so he could keep the kicks/money.
If you had asked the seller to pay regularly as you're supposed to, the buyer would have had to ship back the kicks before paypal refunded his money.

He kept the kicks and money. Had he paid normal he would've still got refunded though because he filed a credit card chargeback. His credit card company woulda reveresed the charge regardless. Even with the issue of sending the stuff back, buyers can do a bait and switch. From what I've seen recently though, PayPal has tried to implement policies that are more seller friendly, I'm assuming after getting numerous complaints from sellers.

He kept the kicks and money. Had he paid normal he would've still got refunded though because he filed a credit card chargeback. His credit card company woulda reveresed the charge regardless. Even with the issue of sending the stuff back, buyers can do a bait and switch. From what I've seen recently though, PayPal has tried to implement policies that are more seller friendly, I'm assuming after getting numerous complaints from sellers.
You don't know that. Maybe he would have filed a claim through paypal.

If he's the scumbag that you're making him out to be, then it's likely that he'd do that even if he was protected by paypal.

But you don't know for sure. 

At the end of the day, you can't play the innocent seller when you're doing a little dirt.

The guy filing a chargeback isn't your fault, but the whole situation is. Had you accepted a regular PayPal payment, and followed the seller protection steps, you would've been covered. As soon as the CC company reported the chargeback and reversed the payment, PayPal would've put a hold on the funds. After they check it out and make sure you followed their steps (a phone call speeds this up), they would've freed up those funds.

There's a reason why they charge a fee. One of the reasons is to pay for situations like this. You bypassing that fee with a complete stranger put yourself at risk.

Last edited:
Not surprised.
I'm definitely not surprised. Not one bit.

If you know balloonoboy's history on here (used to be known as ellamate, danextgrate, etc.)...you understand that this fits with what he's about.

Dude pulls this type of **** every few years on whatever his latest SN is...
ELLADATE, FELLAMATE, STELLADATE, BELLANATE, YELLAGATE, OMG I MISS THE ELLAMATE PHOTOSHOPS

Back
Top Bottom