Scarface Reboot | dir. Luca Guadagnino | Written by Coen brothers

Did you know the 1983 film was a remake ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Had No Clue

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Scarface is a classic for sure, but I don't love it like a lot of people do.
I don't think it needs a reboot either, but I'm not opposed to seeing how it may turn out.

Scarface is definitely a classic to everyone who grew up in the late 80's until early 00's because of it's influence to hip hop. And while I 100% agree it's a Classic, I haven't really cared to watch it since 2001(?) and I think in 2020, it's not really relevant to the younger heads so a remake wouldn't necesarily hurt for this generation.

I am curious though how they can differentiate it the Scarface theme has been done countless times and in some cases, maybe even better. Anybody remember the Scarface 2 videogame where he survives the movie?:lol:

tumblr_ncbgw6BVg61r3i95ho4_250.gifv

Unpopular opinion, but that movie sucked. Al Pacino made the film.
I thought I was the only one.

I was given the DVD as a gift (during the hype of MTV Cribs, since everyone said I needed this film in my collection) and I didn't like the movie at all lol.

Not if MBJ stars.

Supafly was made by music video director and starred a not so well known actor.

You clearly don't know the meaning of the word.
Yes I do
Scarface, The Godfather and Leonardo Da Vinci’s masterpiece painting Mona Lisa are all masterpieces

Scarface is a masterpiece? :rofl:

It's an average movie hyped because of it's cultural impact years after it came out. The story is pretty damn simple.

Plus for all the latin characters that are in it the casting is like all white/middle eastern :lol:

I enjoy it but to call it a masterpiece is asinine :lol: I knew the movie wasn't that good by the time I was a teenager.

You’re right, I included the Mona Lisa as a courtesy, definitely not in the same ballpark as Scarface and my man Marlon Brando The Godfather
:rofl:

Still wrong.

Remember the VHS of this movie. Long *** movie. Two tapes. used to debate if I wanted to watch the second but the blimp scene “the world is your” led nicely into second tape.
the infatuation with his sister was hella off though..
weird.
It was wild disgusting.

Scarface is definitely a classic to everyone who grew up in the late 80's until early 00's because of it's influence to hip hop. And while I 100% agree it's a Classic, I haven't really cared to watch it since 2001(?) and I think in 2020, it's not really relevant to the younger heads so a remake wouldn't necesarily hurt for this generation.

I am curious though how they can differentiate it the Scarface theme has been done countless times and in some cases, maybe even better. Anybody remember the Scarface 2 videogame where he survives the movie?:lol:

Movie is trash to be honest and I identify New Jack City / Nino Brown more with influence to Hip Hop than Scarface. Never understood the hype with this movie but my man Alejandro Sosa and some of the other characters were :pimp: in it.

Back
Top Bottom