Scarlett Johansson is up for Ghost in The Shell

I've only watched the OG anime.  Any other GITS anime movies worth watching? 

I've only watched the OG anime.  Any other GITS anime movies worth watching? 

ARISE is a must. It's like a re-imagined prequel that leads to the GITS 1995 movie.

Watch the 4 individual "border" episodes then try to find the 5th one that leads into the New Movie that was released last year. Don't watch the tv series version.

Stand Alone Complex is great but a bit confusing. Think of it like the X-Files where there's an underlying main story but then you have stand alone 1 and done story episodes. S1 is ok, S2 much better animation wise.

Thanks for the info.  

So for Arise, should I start with Border 1?  Or is there something before that?

Is this the first trailer with the OG soundtrack?

It's still so weird to see parts of HK in this movie... like it was in the OG anime.  There's that one circular bridge in the trailer that I pass by almost everyday! 

I haven't seen this particular poster at any theaters I frequent. Any idea where it could possibly be available?

This close to the movie they're just released digitally and maybe later made available. you can always find them on ebay in 11 x 17 size as they might not be official releases yet.

It may be part of a giveaway during the run as well.

Movie was good, a tad slow at times but it didn't bore me.

Visuals are stunning though it felt a bit too much at times, still an feast for the eyes and not just ScarJo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom