Scarlett Johansson is up for Ghost in The Shell

Movie was good, a tad slow at times but it didn't bore me.

Visuals are stunning though it felt a bit too much at times, still an feast for the eyes and not just ScarJo.

So is it worth the ticket or lookinh up the original anime a better bet?

Movie was good, a tad slow at times but it didn't bore me.

Visuals are stunning though it felt a bit too much at times, still an feast for the eyes and not just ScarJo.

So is it worth the ticket or lookinh up the original anime a better bet?

I think no matter what you got to watch the original but I'll copy&paste what I wrote about it on another thread

while I enjoyed it for the visuals and seeing ScarJo, it's kind of hard to recommend it outside of the biggest and hardcore fans, I say this because it kind of plays off of your nostalgia

it hasn't been a bad year for films but it's probably in the bottom for me so far, based on enjoyment

Logan
John Wick 2
Get Out
Beauty & the Beast
Kong
Power Rangers/Ghost in the Shell

again nothing is particularly bad, PR & Ghost just happens to be on the bottom of list

I'm watching it tomorrow. Idk if it's because it's a live action movie or because Major isn't portrayed by an Asian actress. But people are really hating on it.

Apparently it flopped at the box office too. Unless you're into Scarlett or GITS I don't see why any one would want to watch this movie.

Personally I'm looking forward to it. Heard that the water fight scene is good. My fav part of the og anime

Last edited:
yup, flopped by only making $19m

especially disappointing considering her last action movie outing, Lucy, made $43m opening and that doesn't have a following and Rrated

I mean it will make it's $120m budget no problem as it is already close to $60m worldwide but they are likely expecting bigger opening BO

Last edited:
If any of you scumbags are going alone I have a unique $15 off code for this movie specifically. Wouldnt mind giving it away via pm.

My girl don't wanna go with me so ima jus wait for the bootleg

If any of you scumbags are going alone I have a unique $15 off code for this movie specifically. Wouldnt mind giving it away via pm.

My girl don't wanna go with me so ima jus wait for the bootleg

Pmed

Wish This Movie Did Better, But I Honestly Cant Be Mad & Or Surprised 
mean.gif
 The White Washing Was A Damn Shame, I Was Ok With Scarjo As Major Because I Never Felt As Tho The Major Was "Designed" Asian Or Whatever. But The Fact That Everyone Who Had A Real Role In The Movie Was A White 
sick.gif
 Ive Only Ever Seen The OG So A Lot Of The Stuff Was New To Me & I Wasn't Really Feeling It Mainly Because I Loved The Mystery/Detective Work Of The OG 
grin.gif

Well good riddance stop white washing it hollywood I'm glad more movies are flopping that cast this way

Cool little film. They explained the white washing in their own little way but it's about time hollywood gets it and move on from the white washing. Suicide Squad and Power rangers come to mind as nostalgic, multicultural blockbusters that did well.

Cool little film. They explained the white washing in their own little way but it's about time hollywood gets it and move on from the white washing. Suicide Squad and Power rangers come to mind as nostalgic, multicultural blockbusters that did well.

The fact that they try to explain tells me they know its light weight ****** up.

The problem is it only goes one way. They will explain away why they need to cast white without saying they want white people in their movies ( I'm talking directors, studios, producers)

They'll make a new spiderman but take characters and stories from Miles Morales.

Johnny Storm is turned black the internet has a meltdown, but BBC cast a white guy as michael jackson and somehow are shocked at the backlash.

I beat a dead horse but they know better. Its 2017 they ALL no better. Why is Fast and furious pulling in a bigger box office than a freaking Avengers Sequel? Get out doing numbers, Sucide sqaud being DC first actual hit movie.

Just saw it. It was okay. Not what I expected, but my expectations were high. I wouldn't watch it again.

Scarlett was the best part of the movie.

Saw this a couple days ago. It was ok. Like many said, good for nostalgia and seeing ScarJo in a bodysuit but left you wanting a bit more. Visuals were good too.

Haven't seen this movie yet but saw a behind the scenes featurette and SJ just has the most perfect body ever :evil:

Her body is insane in this.

The more I think about it though this version of white washing was offensive as **** :lol:.

2/5

The movie did take it's source material seriously, which was cool.

If you've not seen the anime or OG movie, I highly recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom