School me on different nike accounts

Hello NT, go ahead and fry me up... i was just wondering what are the different accounts and their meaning we can have with Nike. I have googled the %%+@ outthis... someone, enlighten me please. knowledge is weapon.

Here are a few account types to go with.
In no special order or anything...

1. SB (Nike Skateboarding)
2. Urban Energy
3. Indie Energy
3. Elite Energy (Current account type for Journeys and Urban O)
4. Lifestyle (LS)
5. JB (Jordan Brand)
6. Inline (General Mall type accounts. Also referred to as Tier 1)
7. Specialty Running
8. Quickstrike (not so much an account type but refers to allocation numbers)
9. NKE 6.0 (SB's little brother - found outside of skateshops too).
10. One Door (25 set up for 2007 AF1 anniversary)
11. Tier Zero (snobby elitist account for the most part. Think Supreme and Keith Huf's store)

That's all that I came up with for the 3 minutes I had to do this. Maybe some people can expand or comment.

Originally Posted by macgyver35

urban: forces, dunks, trainers, retros
indie: AM, dunks, hybrids

in a nutshell

So whats the difference between an urban account and a lifestyle account as far as JB?

Also, are all SB accounts somewhat the same or is there different account for the more limited SBs?

Originally Posted by Prolific Sole

Originally Posted by macgyver35

urban: forces, dunks, trainers, retros
indie: AM, dunks, hybrids

in a nutshell

So whats the difference between an urban account and a lifestyle account as far as JB?

Also, are all SB accounts somewhat the same or is there different account for the more limited SBs?

There is no such thing as an "urban account" for JB. When you read "urban accounts" on release date lists, it is referring to Lifestyleaccounts, which usually happen to be located in Urban Stores/Urban areas. Although this line gets blurred depending on how good a store's relationship iswith their JB rep.
SB accounts are not created equal. Their are SB accounts, Premium SB accounts, and SB accounts like Supreme/Huf/KCDC/etc. that geteverything under the sun.

Also to correct LipDunk, long time no see doggie, Supreme does not have a Tier-Zero account as they do not sell Nike's outside of SB Nike's. They justhave a really upper tier SB account.
Also with all these "What's the Difference" questions, the difference basically comes down to what catalog a store is able to order from, or inthe case of a QS account, what kix they are allocated. If you have a Tier Zero account, you can order from any catalog below that (which are all catalogs andTZ allocations), and so on down the line.

MaZe

If you have a Nike account you can basically get booked for whatever your rep thinks fits your clientele. He can say...heres a catalog.....but you can'thave this and this...you can have this and this.

As far as "Tier 0" ....that is a program with allocated footwear styles. There are only a few Tier 0 releases per year. In addition its only 6-7stores worldwide. That "Tier 0" word is overused on everything including quickstrikes,etc.

Magyver kinda hit on what the divisions are. Except there are also many many special sheet releases that are not in the indie or urban catalogs. Most of thetime there are "partner" release sheets. They match up with a theme,etc. They usually fall under indie partner or urban partner. Again, its what yourrep think fits your store. The reps job is to try and differentiate each store in a area's assortment of Nike without too much crossover. That way thecustomer can support more than 1 store in a market.

Hope that clear up some of your questions.

amazing! really good to know. I'm glad I'm not the only one with these questions. this should be archived if more information develops.

I feel a bit more knowledgeable now.

grin.gif

How difficult is it to obtain an account? I have heard that Nike is rather strict with their product allocation to start-ups.

a tier-0 account is the highest account u can get from nike…nike has…lets say a ladder on the account system they give out…
- GR Account
- Urban Dealer Account
- Urban Elite Account
- Urban Energy Account
- Indie Elite Account
- Indie Energy Account
- Tier 0 Account
the higher on the ladder u are the more limited shoes ur gonna get
only few select stores in the US have a tier-0 account (not always necessarily)…but most stores u can tell what account they got from what shoes they got…

^Don't forget Urbano. It's pretty much the lowest of the low. Think mom and pop shops that sell cortez's and other retros with much less luster tothem. Though they do get an occasionally nice simple colorway from time to time.

Originally Posted by Supa2G

How difficult is it to obtain an account? I have heard that Nike is rather strict with their product allocation to start-ups.

I hear it's very difficult. I personally know a guy who owns a few urban clothing stores in Miami. The stores are very well known in the area and dovery good business. Last summer he was trying to get a meeting with a nike rep to get an account in one of the stores and from what i understand you have tomeet certain requirements of something.

I know some requirements are design of store....layout of how shoes are presented and what not

^^That may be an issue in some cases but I believe in my friend's case (from what i heard), it had something to do with there being 3 other stores that hadan account in the same tiny &#$ mall.

i've been hearing of something called Tier 45. anyone out there can shed light on that? my guess is that its a higher tier than tier 0 and the places thatgot the Bobbito's were tier 45.

btw: there is also an account tier called Metro. Within that account base is Metro Elite and Metro Energy. Products offered there are Euro styled cutting edgeproducts like the sprint sister and air rifts. This collection is offered to spots that deal in couture. Its more fashion than atheletic.

Back
Top Bottom