School Me on Disneyland please, the happiest place on earth...

It's really boring unless you are a young kid, I went when I was like 13 and thought it sucked

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by solesavage

Only reason I have season passes there is because i have kids.

Not to get too personal but how much does that cost per person? Adult, per kid? 6 Flags is like $55, Disney must be pushing $70.
is a lot more than 70 bucks. you cant even get in for a day for $70.
laugh.gif

Not to get too personal but how much does that cost per person? Adult, per kid? 6 Flags is like $55, Disney must be pushing $70.
is a lot more than 70 bucks. you cant even get in for a day for $70.
laugh.gif

$70? not.sure.if.serious. 
laugh.gif
I wish b

You can either pay upfront which comes out to $240 per person.......or you can pay a monthly fee. Its cheaper for So-Cal Residents.

$70? not.sure.if.serious. 
laugh.gif
I wish b

You can either pay upfront which comes out to $240 per person.......or you can pay a monthly fee. Its cheaper for So-Cal Residents.

I have a wife and 2 kids. The only reason I have passes...
save your money and head over to Knott's. it's right down the street..

-J-

I have a wife and 2 kids. The only reason I have passes...
save your money and head over to Knott's. it's right down the street..

-J-

Get there early and first go on the New Star Tours which is opening today.  Then ride Space Mountain, Matterhorn next which are close by.  Then hit up the Indy ride and Splash Mountain.  Those are the rides that take hours to get on especially on a weekend.  Remember to get Fast Passes when you can for the rides that are available.  

Ways to save money?  Bring your own water bottles for one.  

My favorite spot to eat is the chili cheese hot dogs at the Refreshment Corner on Main Street.  

Also there is a corn dog cart which is
pimp.gif
 also on Main St. 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/d...nd-corn-dog-cart-anaheim

l

Get there early and first go on the New Star Tours which is opening today.  Then ride Space Mountain, Matterhorn next which are close by.  Then hit up the Indy ride and Splash Mountain.  Those are the rides that take hours to get on especially on a weekend.  Remember to get Fast Passes when you can for the rides that are available.  

Ways to save money?  Bring your own water bottles for one.  

My favorite spot to eat is the chili cheese hot dogs at the Refreshment Corner on Main Street.  

Also there is a corn dog cart which is
pimp.gif
 also on Main St. 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/d...nd-corn-dog-cart-anaheim

l

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

Go on Craigslist. You'll find people who sell their passes for cheap. I got a deal for a day hopper for California adventure and Disneyland for $65. They will scan your ID then they will give you the pass. When your done you drop it off at the mailbox at the office.

My younger brother does this every time he comes down from Nor-Cal. He paid $50, might be different pricing depending on day/season......Its a small office near disneyland off the 5 that runs this system. They kept his ID tho, but they stay open til like 2am so that you can drive by after and pick up your id.

Originally Posted by joeya23phx

I'm headed to Anaheim this weekend with 4 buddies and we're all going to Disneyland for the first time on Sunday. We're all 20 years old.
Any tips? Tricks? Ways to save a little bit of money? How about must see attractions and rides? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Tips / Tricks:
- use the fast passes for rides.  If you don't know what a fast pass is or how it works, Google it. 
- Get there early.  You are paying for your time spent in the park so it would make sense to get there early to get the most value of your ticket. If you bought a piece of pizza that will go bad in 5 minutes, you wouldn't wait until minute number 3 to start eating it would you?  Plus it will only get more and more crowded as it gets later. 

Must see attractions:
- I don't know I've never been to DisneyLand.  The above advice is based on my numerous trips to DisneyWORLD.  BUT if I were to go to DisneyLand, off the top of my head from what I recall, I'd go to the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones ride, Space Mountain, Mr. Toads Wild Ride.  There are probably a ton of websites out there with recommendations.  Do your homework before you go.

Ways to save money:
-The cheapest "real" food is a burger/fries/drink meal and it costs around $10.  One of my favorite things to get, however, is a smoked turkey leg which is like $7. 
-If your shoes cost more than $100, you should never complain about food prices at DisneyLand. 

I was going to warn you that they don't sell beer/liquor at DisneyLand but then I remember you all are 20. 

Originally Posted by joeya23phx

I'm headed to Anaheim this weekend with 4 buddies and we're all going to Disneyland for the first time on Sunday. We're all 20 years old.
Any tips? Tricks? Ways to save a little bit of money? How about must see attractions and rides? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Tips / Tricks:
- use the fast passes for rides.  If you don't know what a fast pass is or how it works, Google it. 
- Get there early.  You are paying for your time spent in the park so it would make sense to get there early to get the most value of your ticket. If you bought a piece of pizza that will go bad in 5 minutes, you wouldn't wait until minute number 3 to start eating it would you?  Plus it will only get more and more crowded as it gets later. 

Must see attractions:
- I don't know I've never been to DisneyLand.  The above advice is based on my numerous trips to DisneyWORLD.  BUT if I were to go to DisneyLand, off the top of my head from what I recall, I'd go to the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones ride, Space Mountain, Mr. Toads Wild Ride.  There are probably a ton of websites out there with recommendations.  Do your homework before you go.

Ways to save money:
-The cheapest "real" food is a burger/fries/drink meal and it costs around $10.  One of my favorite things to get, however, is a smoked turkey leg which is like $7. 
-If your shoes cost more than $100, you should never complain about food prices at DisneyLand. 

I was going to warn you that they don't sell beer/liquor at DisneyLand but then I remember you all are 20. 

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

Go on Craigslist. You'll find people who sell their passes for cheap. I got a deal for a day hopper for California adventure and Disneyland for $65. They will scan your ID then they will give you the pass. When your done you drop it off at the mailbox at the office.

My younger brother does this every time he comes down from Nor-Cal. He paid $50, might be different pricing depending on day/season......Its a small office near disneyland off the 5 that runs this system. They kept his ID tho, but they stay open til like 2am so that you can drive by after and pick up your id.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Surprised no one posted the video when the former employee explains how things work there.

I'm intrigued. Anyone care to post it?

Originally Posted by jm2000

Surprised no one posted the video when the former employee explains how things work there.

I'm intrigued. Anyone care to post it?

$240 for a "season" pass to any amusement park? Wow, I had no clue man. That is crazy man. Call me cheap (you already do), but I wouldn't pay $240 to see Will Bynum playing NBA 2K on Extreme Couponing with Hulk Hogan as the guest host. The hell man.

$240 for a "season" pass to any amusement park? Wow, I had no clue man. That is crazy man. Call me cheap (you already do), but I wouldn't pay $240 to see Will Bynum playing NBA 2K on Extreme Couponing with Hulk Hogan as the guest host. The hell man.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Disneyland sucks and it's overpriced.
eb8152e79ca726ea9fb4101dc775b71d1955a6e.gif

Disneyland/CA Adventure is pretty fun. i've grown up in southern CA my whole life so of course i've been countless times. I buy season passes every year (no kids 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif
)
that being said...don't expect a Knotts/Six Flags kinda thing. most of the rides do cater to children (80% of the rides are on rails). Since you havent been ever...it'll be something new anyway so that won't even matter. The best part about disneyland to me though is the food. Churros at every food cart, the cinnamon rolls on the Main St. bakery, the rutkey legs, the teriyaki chicken kabobs in Adventureland and the Blue Bayou are all worth a trip. The restaurants in CA Adventure are on a whole different plane...so much to choose from. Plan your day out accordingly though..lines in the summer are no joke. You can hit up every major attraction in both parks (even the best ones multiple times) with a well thought out plan. You can PM me your itinerary and i'll help you out if you want. 

best rides:
Indiana Jones
Space Mountain
Star Tours (just got updated and opened up today actually)
Soarin' Over California
Tower of Terror
Big Thunder Mountain
Captain EO
MuppetVision 3D
Splash Mountain
California Screamer

everything else is up to your discretion.  

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Disneyland sucks and it's overpriced.
eb8152e79ca726ea9fb4101dc775b71d1955a6e.gif

Disneyland/CA Adventure is pretty fun. i've grown up in southern CA my whole life so of course i've been countless times. I buy season passes every year (no kids 
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif
)
that being said...don't expect a Knotts/Six Flags kinda thing. most of the rides do cater to children (80% of the rides are on rails). Since you havent been ever...it'll be something new anyway so that won't even matter. The best part about disneyland to me though is the food. Churros at every food cart, the cinnamon rolls on the Main St. bakery, the rutkey legs, the teriyaki chicken kabobs in Adventureland and the Blue Bayou are all worth a trip. The restaurants in CA Adventure are on a whole different plane...so much to choose from. Plan your day out accordingly though..lines in the summer are no joke. You can hit up every major attraction in both parks (even the best ones multiple times) with a well thought out plan. You can PM me your itinerary and i'll help you out if you want. 

best rides:
Indiana Jones
Space Mountain
Star Tours (just got updated and opened up today actually)
Soarin' Over California
Tower of Terror
Big Thunder Mountain
Captain EO
MuppetVision 3D
Splash Mountain
California Screamer

everything else is up to your discretion.  

get the park hopper for cali adventures as well. cali adventures has better rides. or go to knotts or six flags or hurricane harbor. disneyland should be the last option if your not under 15

get the park hopper for cali adventures as well. cali adventures has better rides. or go to knotts or six flags or hurricane harbor. disneyland should be the last option if your not under 15

Man....I just saw that Star Tours update and I can't wait to see that thing. Disney 3D rides are alway dope from Captain Neo to even Honey I Shrunk The Kids. I hope they add some crazy effects.

Man....I just saw that Star Tours update and I can't wait to see that thing. Disney 3D rides are alway dope from Captain Neo to even Honey I Shrunk The Kids. I hope they add some crazy effects.

Back
Top Bottom