School me on Lancer Evos!

laugh.gif
@ one being as fast as a gt-r with simple bolt ons. 

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

isnt MR manual with paddle shift? and GSR is the one w/ stick shift. actually i was thinking of used 08 M3 sedan but i dont really know about german cars. reliability is 
sick.gif
sick.gif
MR is tiptronic or whatever that garbage is with paddle shift. Not a true 6 speed manual with a clutch.
You dont need to get an M3. You would be surprised how quick a 335i is, and its potential. Twin-turbo vs V8. I'll take the turbo.

Evos are pure rally cars adapted for street use.
Hands down the most versatile performance car you can buy...snow, sand, ect.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

laugh.gif

For real... the GTR does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. Not even the maxed out Evo FQ400 can come close (it's 3.5 seconds).

The GTR is as fast as a Lamborghini LP670-SV. You'd need much more than light mods to get the Evo to GTR levels.

That video was comparing a fairly modded Evo to the stock first generation GTR. The current GTR would destroy that Evo.

Originally Posted by scshift

laugh.gif

For real... the GTR does 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. Not even the maxed out Evo FQ400 can come close (it's 3.5 seconds).

The GTR is as fast as a Lamborghini LP670-SV. You'd need much more than light mods to get the Evo to GTR levels.

That video was comparing a fairly modded Evo to the stock first generation GTR. The current GTR would destroy that Evo.
me and OP wasnt talking about the latest GTR though
im not under estimating the GTR dont get me wrong im a fan too
laugh.gif

Don't have much time, busy, but I'll bite. I bought a new GSR for around 37 out the door, back in '08 though. They're cheaper now. I got the car with HID's, updated sound system with sub, fast key (wireless), and got the navi separately later on...

Reliable, I've had a couple minor recalls I've gone in for but nothing major. I'm at 66k miles right now, running good as new. The car is way better than the STI, but for a daily the STI isn't bad. EVO has WAY more aftermarket. I only rock Japanese parts so my wallet took a hit this summer. The newer EVOs have a better tune, exhaust, color trip screen, side skirts, etc... I'd get one but I don't want to start over.

6080792579_fb1bbfcd3c_b.jpg

6080919567_48242683c9_b.jpg

6081689832_15b5ca68d1_b.jpg

Check my blog below for more evo stuff...

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Get a Evo IX.
Puhlease. Great cars, but not comfortable daily drivers and the X is superior. First EVO in the states with AYC, most IX are beat to #@#$, and I've destroyed the older EVO's left and right with simple bolt-ons and a tune/boost upped. Wait 'til I start building my engine.
laugh.gif

devil.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Get a Evo IX.
Puhlease. Great cars, but not comfortable daily drivers and the X is superior. First EVO in the states with AYC, most IX are beat to #@#$, and I've destroyed the older EVO's left and right with simple bolt-ons and a tune/boost upped. Wait 'til I start building my engine.
laugh.gif

devil.gif
That's great.

Plenty of Evo X's get destroyed by IX left and right as well, whats your point? I prefer the Evo IX and an actual 6spd gearbox over the Audi X and it's gear flappers, just my opinion.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Get a Evo IX.
laugh.gif

devil.gif
That's great.

Plenty of Evo X's get destroyed by IX left and right as well, whats your point? I prefer the Evo IX and an actual 6spd gearbox over the Audi X and it's gear flappers, just my opinion.
just trying to help someone who actually will have the $ to buy one. 
wink.gif

OP, save yourself the headache and do not buy a used IX, trust me.

i'd be sketched out by buying a used XI but i'd rather own one too.
Screw a used XI, where can I get a new one?
laugh.gif

IX is a great car, don't get me wrong... Just not worth the headache, I've seen some folks get completely screwed "bu bu but he said it was stock!" "the carfax report said ___!" If you can find a low, low mileage, I'd do it for the right price. Better off buying a new EVO.

Originally Posted by MoreUptempo

this > v8 charger thread

and how much are you thinking youll get tradein value on the 11 accord?

i just copped a 10 accord sedan last year and this is tempting the hell out me right now
i havent really got a quote but im assuming 17 - 19 grand. i mean i had it for 4 months barely under 8k miles and its SE (leather seats, alloy rims, seat heater). car costed about 25k. only thing is i got some barely visible dents on the hood because of a damn branch 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
. i dont think it effects the value that much tho.
You the dude who had a "tree" fall on his whip?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom