School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

And this shows why Zelenskyy has been asking for more powerful weapons, ones that could reach targets deeper into Russia. I do side with the side of Europe and US for not wanting to do that quite yet. But man the are going to need to find a way for Russia to pay reparations for this damage after all is said and done.

And this shows why Zelenskyy has been asking for more powerful weapons, ones that could reach targets deeper into Russia. I do side with the side of Europe and US for not wanting to do that quite yet. But man the are going to need to find a way for Russia to pay reparations for this damage after all is said and done.

As a parent, the stories that break my heart the most are those of thousands of Ukranian children being kidnapped and taken back to Russia. Are they being sold, held as pawns, brainwashed into becoming future Russian soldiers, worse..?

As a parent, the stories that break my heart the most are those of thousands of Ukranian children being kidnapped and taken back to Russia. Are they being sold, held as pawns, brainwashed into becoming future Russian soldiers, worse..?
sounds like what is happening in China with the Chinese minorities.

Russian persecution of various populations has a very long history. There has to be a way of talking about collective responsibility but it also requires subtlety and carefulness

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov said he has exempted his region from Russian President Vladimir Putin’s military call-up following protests in his home region and his anger over a recent Russian-Ukrainian prisoner exchange.
Kadyrov said late Thursday that Chechnya had already deployed 20,000 troops since the start of the Ukraine invasion in February.
“The republic of Chechnya over-fulfilled its conscription plan by 254%… even before the announcement of a partial mobilization,” he wrote in a Telegram post.
Kadyrov and his allies have boasted of the presence of Chechen troops in Ukraine since early in Russia’s invasion of its neighbor, while Chechen soldiers regularly post videos of themselves in Ukraine on social media.
Appearing to address the dozens of Chechen women who took to the streets of Grozny against Putin’s draft announcement, Kadyrov said:
“I call on the Chechen population, particularly our beloved and respected mothers, to keep calm.”
NEWS
Kadyrov’s defiance of the Russian Defense Ministry’s orders for each region to call up reservists comes only days after he himself had urged colleagues across Russia’s 11 time zones to “self-mobilize” 85,000 troops.
It also follows his increasingly open criticism of the Kremlin’s decisions surrounding the war in Ukraine.
Earlier Thursday, Kadyrov said he was “extremely dissatisfied” with Russia’s exchange of 215 Ukrainian and foreign fighters for 55 Russian soldiers and a Putin ally suspected of high treason by Kyiv.
In his latest statement on Chechnya’s over-performance of draft quotas, Kadyrov decried Russia’s territorial losses more than six months after launching a full-scale invasion of Ukraine.
“If we had used at least a fraction of our weapons and equipment, we would have reached our goal long ago,” he wrote.
“But since the leadership thinks otherwise, it’s up to us to follow orders.”
Kadyrov is widely believed to enjoy free rein over Chechnya, a Russian subject that had fought two bloody separatist wars against Moscow, in exchange for loyalty to the Kremlin.
The Kremlin did not comment on Kadyrov’s statement in its daily briefing with reporters Friday afternoon.

Kabanov said his body is drafting new rules as part of Putin’s mobilization orders for migrants who have obtained Russian citizenship within the past 10 years.

The draft rules include compulsory military service within a year for Russian citizens hailing from Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, he wrote on his Telegram channel.

Nationals of these countries, who often move to Russia to find work, make up a significant share of foreigners granted Russian passports.

“Refusal to perform military service should result in the deprivation of Russian citizenship not only for the person subject to military service, but also for members of his family,” Kabanov said.

He said denaturalization “would be an adequate response to an official ban” on taking part in hostilities on foreign soil by the Central Asian countries.

NEW YORK, Sept. 22 (Xinhua) -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Thursday met with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg on the sidelines of the 77th session of the UN General Assembly.

Wang said that as a permanent member of the UN Security Council, China is open to dialogue and exchanges with NATO, and is willing to jointly promote the sound and steady development of bilateral relations.

The two sides should enhance communication and mutual understanding on the basis of frankness and mutual respect, and prevent misunderstanding and false information, he said.

Stoltenberg said that China plays an important role in global issues with its growing economy and influence.

Noting that NATO does not regard China as a rival, he said the organization attaches importance to maintaining and strengthening engagements with China and has a positive attitude towards developing relations with China.

Doesn't look good for Putin...

Another 500 Killed apparently and the images and videos coming out are not pretty. 4 planes lost in the past 3 days too. Huge loses since Planes and Pilots are probably the hardest to replace.

All this and the mobilised army has not even been deployed yet. I would definitely have been heading for the border too:

Even the pro Putin guys are heading for the border :lol: :smh:

1664205948048.png

Man said I've got a mortage, Imma help you from over there.

Last edited:

Tensions grew in Russia over mobilization for the war in Ukraine on Monday as two military-recruitment centers came under attack and lines grew at the border with draft-age men seeking to leave the country.

A Russian man opened fire at a military-recruiting station in Siberia, wounding its commander, hours after another man rammed a car into the entrance of another Russian recruitment center, setting fire to it with Molotov cocktails.

Officials said the suspected gunman was a 25-year-old unemployed man who had arrived at the recruiting station’s auditorium with a homemade weapon. Before opening fire, the gunman yelled, “Everyone is going home now,” according to local news reports.

The attacks come as the mobilization order issued last week by President Vladimir Putin prompted thousands of Russian men to flee to avoid the summons, amid reports that officials were refusing to let men of military age leave the country.

Pockets of rare defiance have flared in protest against mobilization in a country where the Kremlin has largely criminalized dissent. Moscow responded to protests over the weekend with mass arrests in dozens of cities.

Bro.

This was tough by Lithuania.

I’m all for Asylum seekers and immigration but I 100% agree with them here.

Putin’s approval rating went up after the war in Ukraine now some of them are tying to flee? Na bro. Nope.

yeah. clean up their own mess.

Back
Top Bottom