School Me On This Russia/Ukraine Kerfuffle

Good read. I have a coworker who is from the Siberia region and while his family in the US is anti Putin his family back in Russia have been brain washed by the state sponsored media. It’s really nutty.

Sadly something similar is occurring in Poland currently with the far right in power. The main channels are controlled by them and all the older people vote for them. And they use the Catholic Church to hone in on them even further. I seen it with my grandmother and see it with my older relatives who live there. “But they sent me a pillow and a pair of winter gloves this past fall.”

I am serious

Is the US diverting funds from infrastructure or the boarder to pay for Ukraine?

Do you think governments (or any organization for that matter) focus on singular issues at a time?
Our budget is allocated to different areas that need funding. If needed, funds can be transferred from one area to another. Currently, funding for Ukraine is a priority over other lingering unresolved issues. We have noticed that funds are being diverted to Ukraine rather very quickly. If you can't understand that, then you have bigger issues.

Kinda makes you wonder…

Our budget is allocated to different areas that need funding. If needed, funds can be transferred from one area to another. Currently, funding for Ukraine is a priority over other lingering unresolved issues. We have noticed that funds are being diverted to Ukraine rather very quickly. If you can't understand that, then you have bigger issues.

Is it just Ukraine taking priority over "lingering issues"? What about the remaining 98% or whatever DoD spends every year?

Non-defense discretionary spending has been at all times lows as a % of GDP for probably a decade or more. It's nothing new

GENEVA, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Russian occupiers tortured Ukrainians so brutally that some of their victims died, and forced families to listen as they raped women next door, members of a U.N.-mandated investigative body said on Monday, in their latest findings from the field.

Erik Møse, Chair of the Commission of Inquiry on Ukraine, told the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva his team had "collected further evidence indicating that the use of torture by Russian armed forces in areas under their control has been widespread and systematic".

"In some cases, torture was inflicted with such brutality that it caused the death of the victim," he said.

"Russian soldiers raped and committed sexual violence against women of ages ranging from 19 to 83 years" in occupied parts of Kherson province, he said.

Frequently, family were kept next door and forced to hear the violations, he added.

The recent #Ukrainian missile strikes on the #Russian Navy HQ and the large landing ship Minsk in #Sevastopol City turned out to be successful. According to the press release disseminated today by the Ukrainian Special Operations Forces, 34 Russian naval officers incl. the commander of the Black Sea fleet were killed in their HQ, and more than 100 servicemen were wounded. Also, 62 sailors were killed inside the Minsk ship as they prepared their vessel for leaving the shipyard. While SOF didn't mention the name of the liquidated fleet commander, it's believed that it was Vice Admiral Viktor Sokolov.

1696344657380.png

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

this **** has gotten so ridiculous that American media is asking why the government is willing to fund their own protection but not Ukraines :rofl: :rofl:

CUT THEM OFF

Last edited:
Same folks worrying about so-called nazis are always totally unbothered by what happened today and every other day in Ukraine...

They think Ukrainian hospitals and grocery stores are nazis too.

FYI losses near Avdiivka are apparently quite extravagant.

F8InV-mW8AAYQZg.jpg

While focus are directed elsewhere, not even propagandists can spin Avdiivka positively.

F84kuZnXgAACsjf.jpg F82_5FKWkAASC48.jpg

Last edited:
posted this guy in here awhile back when this war first started and people dismissed him.

He still out here speaking the truth on these world issues.

crazy to see how slow this thread has become over the year,. guess people waking up to this conflict just like the israel one.

I thoroughly enjoy Lex Fridman, and this was up next for me to listen to. I’ll have to listen to this, and then revisit the Netanyahu episode again. I feel bad for both sides that are innocent & impacted by this war.

Lex is a very thoughtful person, & asks great questions to his guests. He’s one out the best podcasters in the game right now.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie this whole saga swiftly being pulled from American Media once the Israel conflict popped off has been hilarious. Several hundreds of Billions of Dollars & America Just said we got more important fish to fry :lol:

Back
Top Bottom