Seattle CEO to cut his pay so every worker earns $70,000

So the company should be facing some trouble implementing this.

No surprise there. A fine example of this being good on paper, but horrible in real life. Wonder how much grief the BOD gave him, how pissed investors were, and what will happen if their profit margin doesn't increase. Companies like these are notorious for low profit margins and usually seek to get bought out by bigger firms.

A better solution would've been a slight increase for everyone across the board. I'm sure he thought of what happens if the company goes bankrupt and these people are unemployed.

Last edited:
..and people was saying this was a bad move 2 years ago :rofl:

This is what happens when an employer puts his employees first :pimp:

..and people was saying this was a bad move 2 years ago
roll.gif

This is what happens when an employer puts his employees first
pimp.gif
First ceo to put his employees first ever . Lol will 100% work everytime .

just a good example that shows if company execs want to maintain talent retention, employee satisfaction, etc, then compensate accordingly. capitalism with some semblance of morality.

amazon is the world's most valuable company (currently) at about $316b and i believe bezos is the richest in the world at $112 billion. so i don't want to hear they can't afford to pay their warehouse workers more than $15/hr.

i don't have a problem with being filthy rich (don't really cosign that far-left notion that they shouldn't exist)...just if you got there by taking advantage of people by wringing them for as much work as possible with wages that don't even account for the cost of living.

More to the idea of what I was referring to in cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9 billionaire thread. Like they took that philosophy for that small portion of their world, more money to the people and resources and it works. Everyone is comfortable, from the person greeting you to the ops staff to the execs.

like, even from a selfish corporate perspective you're getting happy, high-functioning employees who will be glad to help your company run better and damn near fight to the death to keep their job...it's an investment.

I wanna go work in an amazon warehouse for a day and get fired just to see how it is.

Story is a few months old, but here's some more info: the $70,000 salaries won't come until 2024. Gravity acquired this company three years ago. They chose to spend all their money on a shiny new office, rather than pay them what their Seattle counterparts are gauranteed. The owner basically admits this when he says they are only breaking even with the temporary raises ($10,000). Also, most of the people in those Twitter photos likely won't still be with the company by the time those $70,000 salaries roll around.

Back
Top Bottom