SEATTLE SEAHAWKS THREAD

He also said he'd love to return to the Vikings and seemed to randomly add he would play for the Cleveland Browns or Seattle Seahawks if they wanted him.
Moss showing interest
nerd.gif

He also said he'd love to return to the Vikings and seemed to randomly add he would play for the Cleveland Browns or Seattle Seahawks if they wanted him.
Moss showing interest
nerd.gif

Jason La Canfora mentioned Hawks are interested Sydney Rice

Don't know how I feel about Tavaris

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Damn. I hope Sidney stays with Minnesota.

If I was looking at Tarvaris objectively, it would be hard to convince me he's worth anything. But I'm biased, because I really like the kid. I think people don't really know anything about Tarvaris, but concede to criticize him when they don't have a clue.

He's a very fluid passer and has good arm strength. Strong work ethic and is coachable. He's an above average athlete, but doesn't seem to trust those instincts at times.

His biggest problem with Minnesota was consistency. I didn't like his chances after being thrown under the bus by Childress when Favre came around. Changing scenes is the best thing for him and I still think he can succeed. If anything I see him having a very solid year where people see flashes of a career, but I don't know if he'll be able to have sustained success.

Might be a good stop gap for Seattle while they get younger and find their direction.

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Damn. I hope Sidney stays with Minnesota.

If I was looking at Tarvaris objectively, it would be hard to convince me he's worth anything. But I'm biased, because I really like the kid. I think people don't really know anything about Tarvaris, but concede to criticize him when they don't have a clue.

He's a very fluid passer and has good arm strength. Strong work ethic and is coachable. He's an above average athlete, but doesn't seem to trust those instincts at times.

His biggest problem with Minnesota was consistency. I didn't like his chances after being thrown under the bus by Childress when Favre came around. Changing scenes is the best thing for him and I still think he can succeed. If anything I see him having a very solid year where people see flashes of a career, but I don't know if he'll be able to have sustained success.

Might be a good stop gap for Seattle while they get younger and find their direction.

I agree, I never felt Tavaris never had a real opportunity in Minnesota to consistently play but I'm speaking from a distance and not following him nowhere near closely as you or other fans have

and maybe the move (if it happens) also shows what we have in Charlie (good or bad)

I agree, I never felt Tavaris never had a real opportunity in Minnesota to consistently play but I'm speaking from a distance and not following him nowhere near closely as you or other fans have

and maybe the move (if it happens) also shows what we have in Charlie (good or bad)

They should re-sign Matt and still grab Tarvaris. That is, if they don't go after Kolb or Carson. Having a veteran QB at this point for NFL teams is almost paramount. He knows the system and knows the team. It's unlikely he plays all 16 games anyway.

Let Charlie and TJax compete with Matt and go from there.

They should re-sign Matt and still grab Tarvaris. That is, if they don't go after Kolb or Carson. Having a veteran QB at this point for NFL teams is almost paramount. He knows the system and knows the team. It's unlikely he plays all 16 games anyway.

Let Charlie and TJax compete with Matt and go from there.

I can't wait till all this starts to finally go down. I'm with you on Matt, he should be top priority

Jason on NFLN earlier also made it seem the Kolb train in Seattle had been passed and Arizona was going to go after him hard.

Schefter also mentioned Matt to the 49ers...but that was more of his personal opinion on what he thinks Frisco should do than anything

Give me a combination of Matt, Carson, Vjax, Rice.. I will be most def. happy with that

I can't wait till all this starts to finally go down. I'm with you on Matt, he should be top priority

Jason on NFLN earlier also made it seem the Kolb train in Seattle had been passed and Arizona was going to go after him hard.

Schefter also mentioned Matt to the 49ers...but that was more of his personal opinion on what he thinks Frisco should do than anything

Give me a combination of Matt, Carson, Vjax, Rice.. I will be most def. happy with that

Damn completely forgot I made this thread
laugh.gif

With that being said I am so excited that football is back. Can't wait to see what the Hawks do in free agency. They're going to make some big moves I can feel it.

Hopefully we re-sign Matt though, that's my guy. Definitely need Mebane back too. Wouldn't mind having Tavaris. I can see him having a good career here in Seattle. Where are you guys hearing these things about V-Jax though? He would be a nice addition. Sidney Rice would be an excellent pickup as well.

Praying that the Hawks pull the trigger on Bush though
nerd.gif

Damn completely forgot I made this thread
laugh.gif

With that being said I am so excited that football is back. Can't wait to see what the Hawks do in free agency. They're going to make some big moves I can feel it.

Hopefully we re-sign Matt though, that's my guy. Definitely need Mebane back too. Wouldn't mind having Tavaris. I can see him having a good career here in Seattle. Where are you guys hearing these things about V-Jax though? He would be a nice addition. Sidney Rice would be an excellent pickup as well.

Praying that the Hawks pull the trigger on Bush though
nerd.gif

I pulled Vjax out of my own hat
laugh.gif
I remember we wanted him badly last year

Agreed on Mebane, with a thin line...he is a must

Edit: Add Leinart to the mix
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Seahawks are "likely" to sign free agent Matt Leinart to compete for a backup job.

The Seahawks didn't want Leinart last year, but they've lowered their quarterback standards this time around. In Seattle, Leinart would figure to compete with Charlie Whitehurst for the primary backup job. The Seahawks may try to pass it all off as a three-way battle, but Tarvaris Jackson is the favorite to start.

[h1]Market for Hasselbeck's services unlikely to include Seahawks[/h1]
It appears increasingly unlikely that quarterback Matt Hasselbeck will be back with the Seattle Seahawks, sources said Tuesday, but the Tennessee Titans will be aggressive in their pursuit of the 13-year veteran.

The San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings also are interested in Hasselbeck's services, but the Titans are considered the front-runners.
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Those aren't the only teams courting Hasselbeck. The Miami Herald reported Tuesday via Twitter that the Dolphins have "extended interest" in signing Hasselbeck to compete with Chad Henne.

The Seahawks have agreed to terms with quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, reuniting him with Darrell Bevell, his offensive coordinator in Minnesota. Seattle also is expected to sign Matt Leinart, coach Pete Carroll's former quarterback at USC, to join Charlie Whitehurst on the roster.

The Seahawks also are making a play for free-agent wide receiver Sidney Rice, who played for Bevell in Minnesota.

[h1]Tarvaris Jackson Agrees To Terms With Seattle Seahawks, According To Report[/h1]
Quarterback news is coming fast and furious for the Seattle Seahawks, triggered by reports indicating Matt Hasselbeck's tenure in Seattle was over. According to multiple reports, the Seahawks declined to offer Hasselbeck a contract, and acquired a quarterback to take his place in Seattle. That quarterback, we now know, is Tarvaris Jackson, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings.

Jackson's name was floated last week, with John Clayton calling it a certainly that he'd be the Seahawks starter this coming year. Since then, the rumors have continued to swirl, coming to a head on Tuesday as NFL free agency opened. According to Dave Mahler, Jackson agreed to terms on Tuesday and is headed to Seattle.
Hearing from source #seahawks have come to terms with QB Tarvares Jackson. Flying to Seattle tonight

Bringing in Jackson adds an element of familiarity to the offense for new coordinator Darrell Bevell. The two worked together while with the Minnesota Vikings, giving Jackson a leg-up in camp with his knowledge of the playbook. With just a short time to get the offense installed, his presence should help, but understandably has Seahawks fans squirming.

With Jackson, the Seahawks will have a mobile quarterback with a strong arm, but questionable decision-making. Bevell and head coach Pete Carroll have been shifting toward more of a dual-threat in the backfield, and want to focus more on the running game. It's a shift from the past, but

The biggest question mark on the Seahawks roster now has an answer, be it short-term or long-term. With free agency just hours old, this is just the beginning, and the Seahawks still have plenty of money to spend and room to make waves over the next week.

I pulled Vjax out of my own hat
laugh.gif
I remember we wanted him badly last year

Agreed on Mebane, with a thin line...he is a must

Edit: Add Leinart to the mix
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Seahawks are "likely" to sign free agent Matt Leinart to compete for a backup job.

The Seahawks didn't want Leinart last year, but they've lowered their quarterback standards this time around. In Seattle, Leinart would figure to compete with Charlie Whitehurst for the primary backup job. The Seahawks may try to pass it all off as a three-way battle, but Tarvaris Jackson is the favorite to start.

[h1]Market for Hasselbeck's services unlikely to include Seahawks[/h1]
It appears increasingly unlikely that quarterback Matt Hasselbeck will be back with the Seattle Seahawks, sources said Tuesday, but the Tennessee Titans will be aggressive in their pursuit of the 13-year veteran.

The San Francisco 49ers and Minnesota Vikings also are interested in Hasselbeck's services, but the Titans are considered the front-runners.
[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Those aren't the only teams courting Hasselbeck. The Miami Herald reported Tuesday via Twitter that the Dolphins have "extended interest" in signing Hasselbeck to compete with Chad Henne.

The Seahawks have agreed to terms with quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, reuniting him with Darrell Bevell, his offensive coordinator in Minnesota. Seattle also is expected to sign Matt Leinart, coach Pete Carroll's former quarterback at USC, to join Charlie Whitehurst on the roster.

The Seahawks also are making a play for free-agent wide receiver Sidney Rice, who played for Bevell in Minnesota.

[h1]Tarvaris Jackson Agrees To Terms With Seattle Seahawks, According To Report[/h1]
Quarterback news is coming fast and furious for the Seattle Seahawks, triggered by reports indicating Matt Hasselbeck's tenure in Seattle was over. According to multiple reports, the Seahawks declined to offer Hasselbeck a contract, and acquired a quarterback to take his place in Seattle. That quarterback, we now know, is Tarvaris Jackson, formerly of the Minnesota Vikings.

Jackson's name was floated last week, with John Clayton calling it a certainly that he'd be the Seahawks starter this coming year. Since then, the rumors have continued to swirl, coming to a head on Tuesday as NFL free agency opened. According to Dave Mahler, Jackson agreed to terms on Tuesday and is headed to Seattle.
Hearing from source #seahawks have come to terms with QB Tarvares Jackson. Flying to Seattle tonight

Bringing in Jackson adds an element of familiarity to the offense for new coordinator Darrell Bevell. The two worked together while with the Minnesota Vikings, giving Jackson a leg-up in camp with his knowledge of the playbook. With just a short time to get the offense installed, his presence should help, but understandably has Seahawks fans squirming.

With Jackson, the Seahawks will have a mobile quarterback with a strong arm, but questionable decision-making. Bevell and head coach Pete Carroll have been shifting toward more of a dual-threat in the backfield, and want to focus more on the running game. It's a shift from the past, but

The biggest question mark on the Seahawks roster now has an answer, be it short-term or long-term. With free agency just hours old, this is just the beginning, and the Seahawks still have plenty of money to spend and room to make waves over the next week.

Tavaris is going to prove everyone wrong, dude has talent I know it. He just needs confidence. I can see that he lacked it in Minnesota, dude always seemed to play scared.

What's wrong with Sidney Rice though Paul?
laugh.gif

Edit: Read on ESPN that Tavaris' career passer rating is higher than Kevin Kolb's 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom