Seattle SuperSonics Thread

I didn't think Sacramento had any advantages in this 
laugh.gif

Sources say a decision today can only hurt SEA, but if the lawsuit gets thrown out it will not change SAC's advantage re: arena timelines
— Aaron Bruski (@aaronbruski) February 22, 2013

How exactly does the lawsuit being dismissed hurt Seattle?
Thats what I mean, anytime I see that Sac has an advantage, Seattle just shuts it down real quick. 

But if I had to guess, I'd assume that Sac already has one plan that has been approved whereas Seattle does not (how is this an advantage)? Correct if I'm wrong 

There is an incredible sense of irony hearing the ILWU whine about political processes and being in bed with politicians. This should get dismissed on hypocrisy alone lol.

This whole situation is a joke supersonics should have never left and oncethe kings leave to go to sea then sac will prob have their team back in a few yrs

This whole situation is a joke supersonics should have never left and oncethe kings leave to go to sea then sac will prob have their team back in a few yrs
Sacramento will never have another NBA franchise, at least not in our lifetime. 

Which I think, maybe, will tip the BoG in our favor since they understand this as well.

Its not like, if Seattle doesn't get the Kings they are never going to get another team and Hansen/Ballmer are just going to give up on getting a team back in Seattle. Lets be real.

Heck I think that might be another point the BOG might consider 

it should be the other way around

if the maloofs werent such immature losers, the kings would have been stayed with new management and new arena.

then seattle should have gotten an expansion team in a few years.

but as it stands now the maloofs are selling the kings to seattle and sacramento will never be granted expansion..

I hope people realize that these EIS/EIR/Whateverthey'recalled are basically formalities. The only way they don't get approved is if your intended project would either literally dump sewage into a body of water or invade the habitat of some rare or endangered species. This arena is being built in an industrial area specifically zoned for sports stadiums. It's a non-issue, other than the process has to go through he motions.

Sacramento will never have another NBA franchise, at least not in our lifetime. 

Which I think, maybe, will tip the BoG in our favor since they understand this as well.

Its not like, if Seattle doesn't get the Kings they are never going to get another team and Hansen/Ballmer are just going to give up on getting a team back in Seattle. Lets be real.

Heck I think that might be another point the BOG might consider 

exactly.

I hope people realize that these EIS/EIR/Whateverthey'recalled are basically formalities. The only way they don't get approved is if your intended project would either literally dump sewage into a body of water or invade the habitat of some rare or endangered species. This arena is being built in an industrial area specifically zoned for sports stadiums. It's a non-issue, other than the process has to go through he motions.
Hence, why I am questioning why its even an advantage 
laugh.gif

http://blog.sonicsrising.com/are-we-actually-dealing-with-whales/

you guys should start following this blog.

The bottom line is that the franchise is worth about $325 million in Sacramento. They are worth $525 million to Hansen because the franchise is not tied to an arena deal and able to be moved to Seattle. Mastrov likely does not want to pay $200 million more than the franchise is worth just to keep it in a city like Sacramento.

Last edited:
Good bump. Been seeing a lot of newsbits/Tweets about the Sac-side of things, but didn't know how to interpret it. 

Good bump. Been seeing a lot of newsbits/Tweets about the Sac-side of things, but didn't know how to interpret it. 

My inside source in the Sacramento Kings organizational tells me that he believes 100% they will play in Seattle next year. The NBA is just putting dog and pony show for Sacramento (See Seattle Sonics 2008).

Last edited:

My inside source in the Sacramento Kings organizational tells me that he believes 100% they will play in Seattle next year. The NBA is just putting dog and pony show for Sacramento (See Seattle Sonics 2008).
Inside source?!? Do tell more :nerd: :lol:

My boy does the scoreboard at Arco but he doesn't know **** :lol:

Also when reading stuff about Sac, you gotta remember that it's just as slanted and biased as any Seattle news :lol:

I don't believe so, which is why Mastrov's bud came in lower. All he saw was the 525 agreed number but no specifics of the deal, since the maloofs are freezing out sac

Yikes. Add in relocation fees, debt to repay Sacramento, and financing a new arena...it could be somewhere between $850-$900 million to have a team in Seattle. It would be a lot less expensive to have an expansion team.

Yikes. Add in relocation fees, debt to repay Sacramento, and financing a new arena...it could be somewhere between $850-$900 million to have a team in Seattle. It would be a lot less expensive to have an expansion team.
Expansion, I believe, has always been Hansen's preference. And the total cost of getting the team is already going to cost over a billion for both cities

Until they can figure out a way to spread out the superstars expansion is never gonna happen

Back
Top Bottom