Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Stumbled across an interesting of bit info I don't think I've read (or heard) anywhere before. This is a story about LeBron visiting with a guy from Spokane who literally had weeks to live (they drove to Portland for a game and met the Heat players). Anyway, it's interesting to note who set up the meet and greet: Francine Hansen. Chris Hansen's ex-wife. Apparently she's really well-connected in sports, and had a direct connection to LeBron. She set the whole thing up, basically. That could very easily explain how Hansen got his foot in the door with the NBA.

http://sportspressnw.com/2013/03/lebron-james-and-a-young-man-from-cheney/

Some tweets from tonight of the term sheet.

Field of Schemes ‏@fieldofschemes 1h
New #SacKings owners would pay off old arena debt via means "to be determined." Not a good start here.

Field of Schemes ‏@fieldofschemes 47m
#SacKings term sheet asserts parking $$ to pay off $212.5m in arena debt, plus $3m+/yr in "surplus net revenues." Doesn't show math, tho

Field of Schemes ‏@fieldofschemes 35m
#SacKings term sheet could be solid enough for NBA. But only if Sacto agrees to write $258m check, say "we'll find $ to cover it somehow"

@Golfbybryan Both Seattle and Sacto deals make lots of assumptions re arena tax revenues and call those new money

.@Golfbybryan But if Seattle MOU assumptions are bad, city might lose $50m. If Sacto term sheet #s bad, California falls into ocean.

Last edited:
Damn are those the only tweets you can find, so negative 
frown.gif

not one bit of good news for Sac today, they should just give up 
mean.gif

frown.gif

mean.gif

I'm sorry but i really think we get the team. If it wasn't Seattle it would be KC or Anaheim :x IMO Sac has shown more than enough to get a team in the future though...

Last edited:
From what I'm reading this SAC arena deal sounds so sketchy. Forget about basketball, just think about what this is gonna do to your city if it fails... :smh:

From what I'm reading this SAC arena deal sounds so sketchy. Forget about basketball, just think about what this is gonna do to your city if it fails... :smh:

They should take care of their city first :smh: . 10.6 unemployment rate :x

Last edited:
You dummy. Of course you didn't inform yourself before speaking out. 800 jobs are being retained and another 2200+ jobs are being created with this.

I don't have much patience for stupid people like you.

We're supposed to let our team walk because your city needs it, all the while this plan/effort would've created the jobs you say we need to create? What kind of moronic thinking is that? You don't put much thought into what you say do you?

frown.gif

mean.gif
I'm sorry but i really think we get the team. If it wasn't Seattle it would be KC or Anaheim
sick.gif
IMO Sac has shown more than enough to get a team in the future though...
Why would the NBA or any prospective owner (who isn't from Sacramento) want to bring the NBA back to Sacramento?

Anaheim?? Did Seattle try to move the Kings before Samueli and Anaheim came along?

Why are the Kings so destined to leave?

And in response to those tweets

Field of Schemes ‏@fieldofschemes 1h
New #SacKings owners would pay off old arena debt via means "to be determined." Not a good start here.
Field of Schemes ‏@fieldofschemes 47m
#SacKings term sheet asserts parking $$ to pay off $212.5m in arena debt, plus $3m+/yr in "surplus net revenues." Doesn't show math, tho
Field of Schemes ‏@fieldofschemes 35m
#SacKings term sheet could be solid enough for NBA. But only if Sacto agrees to write $258m check, say "we'll find $ to cover it somehow"
@Golfbybryan Both Seattle and Sacto deals make lots of assumptions re arena tax revenues and call those new money
.@Golfbybryan But if Seattle MOU assumptions are bad, city might lose $50m. If Sacto term sheet #s bad, California falls into ocean.

I just don't see how the Kings don't stay in Sac and I'm sorry for that.

I hope someday Seattle gets an expansion team, someday soon.

If not, IMO Seattle is an excellent market full of literally every true American sport, it won't be the Kings but by way of expansion or another team like the Bucks, Bobcats, etc down the road you guys will get a team sooner or later by way of poaching and "bringing" back your Sonics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have much patience for stupid people like you.

We're supposed to let our team walk because your city needs it, all the while this plan/effort would've created the jobs you say we need to create? What kind of moronic thinking is that? You don't put much thought into what you say do you?
Yes. Seattle>Sacramento. Give up now, so we can start the healing process sooner.

They may have, professional football, major league soccer, pro baseball, probably pro hockey sooner or later, legit college sports in their area,  they even have the WNBA, but they don't have professional men's basketball. We need to help facilitate that.

We must concede the Kings to them.

Even though building a new arena would likely help boost Sacramento's economy and job numbers, Seattle needs this more.

If they don't get their Sonics, think of all the jobs they will be losing.

Please give it up now, they need it. We'll be ok.

The title says... "SUPERSONICS BACK IN SEATTLE MOVEMENT THREAD"

What do you guys want me to talk about? how the Kings are going to stay in Sacramento? >D

Last edited:
Yes, the Supersonics back in Seattle. That's the name of the thread.

What the title is not: The Sacramento Kings transform into the Seattle Supersonics.

I hope the people of Seattle are not like you. Seattle is ranked 3rd smartest in America and if they're anything like you then Seattle is either vastly overrated or America is pitifully incompetent.

Yes, the Supersonics back in Seattle. That's the name of the thread.

What the title is not: The Sacramento Kings transform into the Seattle Supersonics.

I hope the people of Seattle are not like you. Seattle is ranked 3rd smartest in America and if they're anything like you then Seattle is either vastly overrated or America is pitifully incompetent.

Baby girl you really are pulling your skirt up on this one :rofl:

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 I've tried bringing this up, but the general consensus is that people hate Sacramento too much to care for them to stay so they want them to leave.

I'm playing, but man people have really just taken it too far
laugh.gif
you ain't seen nothing yet then 
laugh.gif

check out the Kings and Sonics forums, or even twitter. Its a straight blood bath out there
Since I have family in both cities. It's hard since I want Sonics back in Seattle but I don't want Kings to leave Sac
Kings stay, Seattle legitimately brings back the Sonics, not by theft or poaching, but by expansion! 

Win-win-win

Sac wins for keeping the Kings, Seattle wins for bringing back the Sonics, Stern/NBA wins by not pissing anyone off. 
happy.gif

Since I have family in both cities. It's hard since I want Sonics back in Seattle but I don't want Kings to leave Sac

I grew up in seattle so naturally i want the sonics. I also lived in the bay and used to hit up Sac all the time, and I can understand their fans. If the Kings leave the **** else there to do in Sac? :lol:

I'm not even trying to Hoo-ride we used to hit up Sac when nothing was crackin in the Bay..Think about that statement :lol:

Last edited:
If we were like NobleKane, maybe we could get along. But we don't have a "my lakers my warriors" mentality.

Seattle sees this as having their Sonics back. RCK has pointed it out numerous times, It's much more than basketball to us. This is the future of Sacramento at stake, to get the same respect and grow into a major city.

If that constitutes a skirt comment, whatever. You don't see things from our vantage point. Losing the Kings isn't just losing "something to do." It's losing a future, losing potential businesses and revenue. It's losing our "something to do" but it's also losing "things we could also do." We don't want to remain the same desolate not ever cracking town.

Nobody has ever said, "I'm going to save up my money for a vacation to Sacramento!"

Lightweight your team belongs to Seattle now champ...it's over. It's not like you don't have other sports you can follow. I'm sure there is a local women's softball team in last place that has tons of potential in the next few years.Think of the glass half full. As for your kings, if you are ever in Seattle, hit me up and I'll see if I can hook you up with size medium supersonics hoody or something.

Don't do it Lightweight.... just don't

Hell, I kinda expect Dakid or DMHBS to interject 

Lightweight your team belongs to Seattle now champ...it's over. It's not like you don't have other sports you can follow. I'm sure there is a local women's softball team in last place that has tons of potential in the next few years.Think of the glass half full. As for your kings, if you are ever in Seattle, hit me up and I'll see if I can hook you up with size medium supersonics hoody or something.

Shut up. You make us look bad with this garbage.

Back
Top Bottom