Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Won’t be much talk rn with playoffs close, they’re likely saving that talk for after draft to stay in the headlines.

I don't even see anything from this year though. Do you have any links to what you were talking about before?

I don't even see anything from this year though. Do you have any links to what you were talking about before?
Silver hasn’t mentioned anything since they dedicated that street outside Climate Pledge to Lenny Wilkins months ago, but the new Seattle mayor mentioned something recently.

Bill Simmons also mentioned something on his pod last month or so. Thought I remember him saying there’s rumblings in league offices they can get closer to $6B total for two teams…

Quote from Bill Simmons:

“I have some intel," Simmons began on his Monday podcast. "I think the [NBA] is going to expand to Vegas and to Seattle."

Seattle has been without an NBA team since 2008 when the Sonics were moved to Oklahoma City and rebranded as the Thunder.

"I don't care if it gets aggregated because I think I'm right," Simmons said.

"I think the NBA is looking at this going, ‘we can add these huge expansion things.’ I heard, combined, $6.5-7 billion for the two teams."

Peep here for the podcast (2/28/22) breakdown where he mentions it:

https://www.theringer.com/the-bill-...-nba-saboteur-hall-of-fame-with-ryen-russillo

I'm about 20 mins into the Lewis pod with Knuckleheads, very good listen as he gets into his HS career and going straight to the league. Also mentions Korleone Young which is a name I hadn't heard in some time, looked him up and didn't know he only appeared in 3 games for the Pistons.

Host Baron Davis sits down with NBA legend Jamal Crawford to discuss his uprising out of Seattle to becoming a high school star.

Host Baron Davis sits down with NBA legend Jamal Crawford to discuss success in the NBA and the new generation.

Host Baron Davis sits down with NBA legend Jamal Crawford to discuss his uprising out of Seattle to becoming a high school star.

Host Baron Davis sits down with NBA legend Jamal Crawford to discuss success in the NBA and the new generation.

Didn't know Jamal was down in LA like that...dope convo for sure. Got love for BD too! My parents sold their spot behind Rainier Beach High a year ago so I don't slide through the neighborhood as much anymore.

Didn't know Jamal was down in LA like that...dope convo for sure. Got love for BD too! My parents sold their spot behind Rainier Beach High a year ago so I don't slide through the neighborhood as much anymore.

Playing pickup over there tonight actually!

The Jet is on the runway! Jason Terry swoops by as Quentin and Darius welcome him to the Knuckleheads podcast. Jason talks with Q and D about being from Seattle and what it was like having Gary Payton sitting courtside at his high school games, the controversy around being called the Jet and how the team he could build with former teammates would be unstoppable!…. Tune in!

Being a high schooler with Gary Payton sitting courtside (5:07)

Being part of the fashion scene in the NBA (25:23)

Getting upset by the Warriors in the first round (55:03)

Witnessing Dirk in the playoffs (1:04:06)

Being a coach and knowing what to look for in a player (1:25:39)

Start, bench, trade (1:33:25)

Knuckleheads with Quentin Richardson & Darius Miles: Jason Terry on Apple Podcasts

Take the Clippers. Nobody wants them here in LA.

Balmer really dropped the ball by not moving them up north to Seattle when he had the chance.

Good convo, especially at the end about Seattle Basketball.

206to813 206to813

Senior NBA writer for ESPN and Andscape (formerly the Undefeated), Marc Spears joins us, along with newly inducted Hall of Fame coach George Karl, for a conversation on the state of the NBA, how the media now interacts with the sport and the status of hoops in Seattle.

Iconic Sonics: Marc J. Spears on Apple Podcasts

I know Silver commited to anything in his presser wasn't going to happen but still sucked anyways

Back
Top Bottom