Seattle SuperSonics Thread

Fam I HATE Mike Salk, like truly despise him. Straight up snobbish, not from the area, but seems to have a ton of pull at 710. It’s why I don’t listen to local radio much anymore. Groz was cool, but with all the former Seahawks in the area, Clayton, Mike Sando, etc they can’t get other heads more airtime than Salk?
Salk runs it :lol:. Dude left his show with Brock to take a higher position and then came back. Mostly they keep dropping ppl due to revenue

A few ppl were calling him out not too long ago in public about his behavior

Danny O'Neil was probably was favorite when he was there. I usually catch Heaps and Stacy by the time there on and listen a little to Bob and Dave

Last edited:
Groz was so awesome. Met him a few years back. Groz with Gas was great, the last few years they had. Softy is the last of the old guard on local sports radio.

Also, Brock is gonna be a big thing on NFL broadcasts. He's really good as a color analyst.

Didn’t realize Groz was retiring. Used to listen to Groz with Gas a lot on KJR in the late 90’s.

I thought he already had tbh. He's filled in from time to time with the shakeups at 710 for a while now. Guess this means he's officially not doing that either I guess

Been listening to him for over 20 years

Yeah, I was gonna say I thought he retired last year, so you're probably right elpablo21 elpablo21 no longer doing spot appearances.

This also reminds me, as much as I hate Geoff Baker for turning into an anti-Sodo arena puppet for the Seattle Times (and, by extension, the city council and mayor), his epic columns slamming the Mariners were hilarious. He was clearly drunk while writing a lot of them, and it showed. He was as ruthless as any sports columnist I've ever seen. Then, he'd go on air and slam the Mariners some more.

This also reminds me, as much as I hate Geoff Baker for turning into an anti-Sodo arena puppet for the Seattle Times (and, by extension, the city council and mayor), his epic columns slamming the Mariners were hilarious. He was clearly drunk while writing a lot of them, and it showed. He was as ruthless as any sports columnist I've ever seen. Then, he'd go on air and slam the Mariners some more.

When a team comes back season tickets on you! 😂😂😂

Hope you guys get a team. You guys deserve it. Truly a great city.

Hopefully when Zion becomes the first ever player to reject his rookie extension -that joke of a franchise in New Orleans moves to Seattle.

There's a shawn kemp dunk from years ago that isn't in any mix I've seen. GP throws a lob or makes a nasty pass (I think it's just a nasty pass), and Kemp goes up off 2 feet I think and dunks (can't remember if its 2 hands or 1) but Kemp comes back down under the basket with both hands up like he's holding handlebars and then kind of moves his elbows in and back out again like as if you were at your desk and reaching for pens on your left and right, using the opposite hand. But I don't think his arms actually cross. It's obviously a somewhat foggy memory, but I'm almost certain (90%) it was him.

Can't find video. He's got a ton of different celebrations he's done, but this one would be obvious the moment you see it. He doesn't dunk on anyone in it, and the dunk is more like the exclamation point to accentuate Payton's nasty pass. Or whoever threw the pass. May not have been GP though I vaguely recall it was.

Bill Simmons has some "intel" eh?? If expansion were to happen maybe Memphis and New Orleans get moved to the Eastern conf to make room for a Seattle and Vegas squad. I'm definitely taking this with a huge grain of salt as Seattle and Vegas have been floated around as cities for expansion for some time now.

Bill Simmons has some "intel" eh?? If expansion were to happen maybe Memphis and New Orleans get moved to the Eastern conf to make room for a Seattle and Vegas squad. I'm definitely taking this with a huge grain of salt as Seattle and Vegas have been floated around as cities for expansion for some time now.

I was listening to his pod yesterday when he mentioned it. Bill knows A LOT of people, so I think it's definitely more of a when than if at this point. Vegas can't be ignored and the NBA has to do right by Seattle. LeBron as a minority owner of the Vegas franchise makes sense, but it would've been dope to have him as one of the minority owners of the Sonics. Maybe KD will opt for a small chunk since he's doing pretty well with his investment stuff too. Maybe the new ownership group can come to an agreement with KD to have him retire in Seattle for small piece of the pie...

A month later and is there any news on this? I got excited but I can't find a thing on twitter that's recent
Won’t be much talk rn with playoffs close, they’re likely saving that talk for after draft to stay in the headlines.

Back
Top Bottom