Sebastain Telfair

Randy Foye is back in the lineup and Telefair will be a benchwarmer again.
Foye always should be an off guard.

Lance is the real deal
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

Get em Bassy!

Always been pullin for dude...

pimp.gif
. If he just develops a decent jumper, dude is gonna be a legit PGin the league. I firmly believe it will happen. Tony Parker has a decent jumper and when he first came into the league he couldn't make a jumper for days.Keep doing your thing Bassy.

He would have benefited so much by going to college.

not necessarily, if he goes to louisville and only ends up being an above average point guard
then hes late 1st, 2nd, possibly undrafted even

his stock was high and he did what he needed to do for his fam

once he develops a wet jumper he'll be one of the premier point guards in the league

The hype around this dude never dies. Never. It's amazing. I know he's still young so no one can really count him out yet, but really... One game in arow? Let's at least wait until there's a trend. I know 'Through the Fire' was good, but damn.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by G0 PRE

not necessarily, if he goes to louisville and only ends up being an above average point guard

once he develops a wet jumper he'll be one of the premier point guards in the league

If bassy would have went to college.....I find it hard to believe that he would be only an 'above average point guard'......

Of course we will never really know, but that's my opinion....

he is showing signs. i'll be the 1st to admit that i wrote him off as trash but after watching a few games, he can play.

bassy is ok with me but i never understood how in the world he got drafted ahead of jameer nelson. he's a lil overhyped if you ask me.

Originally Posted by dreClark

If bassy would have went to college.....I find it hard to believe that he would be only an 'above average point guard'......

Mayo out of high school = #1 pick Mayo now.....out of college = mid to end of lottery (5-10th pick) big difference in money.

Originally Posted by presequel

Mayo out of high school = #1 pick Mayo now.....out of college = mid to end of lottery (5-10th pick) big difference in money.

Mayo wouldnt have been the 1st pick out of HS either...

Which is why he would have benefited from going to college.
He would have been able to develop a jumpshot faster by going to college because he wouldnthave had to fight for minutes. He could work on whatever he wanted in college because it really wouldnt have affected his playing time.

Your looking at this from Telfair's perspective which was purely financial I am looking at this from a basketball fan's perspective in wanting him tobe the best player he is capable of being.

I am not saying one is better than the other just pointing out that we arent really talking about the same things.

Yeah, but...

a lot of PG's go to college and just rely on the same things they did in HS (quickness) because they still can, and they are that much beter.

TJ Ford didn't develop a jumper at Texas.

I just think that Sebestian relying on the same abilities woulda happened, and Pitino woulda been ok with that, because he'd be winning games

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yeah, but...

a lot of PG's go to college and just rely on the same things they did in HS (quickness) because they still can, and they are that much beter.

TJ Ford didn't develop a jumper at Texas.

I just think that Sebestian relying on the same abilities woulda happened, and Pitino woulda been ok with that, because he'd be winning games

Good point there is no way to determine if Telfair would have used his time wisely. But at least he had a choice. Playing in the NBA for money gives him nooption but to do what he does best especially when he is burried on someones bench. Or his +@! will be playing in Europe.

Meh...Though not entirely his fault, I find it funny how he's always on the worst teams in the NBA his whole career. Portland, Boston, and now Minni.

Originally Posted by presequel

Negative....If Mayo came straight out of HS....Im gonna assume that B-Easy, Rose, and Gordon would have....In addition to Koufous fresh off of killina inthe FIBA games (before being exposed in CBB)...

Mayo wasn't gonna be a #1 pic REGARDLESS.....When's the last time a PG went #1 besides AI?????

Originally Posted by Outlaw83

Meh...Though not entirely his fault, I find it funny how he's always on the worst teams in the NBA his whole career. Portland, Boston, and now Minni.

I think Minnesota is the perfect place for him to be. No pressure for winning since everyone knows that this season isn't really going anywhere. So allhe needs to do is just do his thing and the backlash isn't as severe if he were on a different team.

You need context to truly gauge Telfair's assists this season. Anyone passing to Al Jefferson is getting free assists. You just have to dump it inside tohim and he'll get you your assist.

Telfair is still awful and will be lucky to get any contract offers after this season.

^ thats not totally true. he's hitting guys in transition along w/ dumping the ball in the post. if that were the case, rafer alston and jameer nelsonwould be putting up better assists numbers

Back
Top Bottom