Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by potus2028

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

My job is your typical corporate world that I didn't know was real. Brown nosing gets you places, little man syndrome runs rampant, women sleep around to get up in the world, married men do sleep with their secretaries, hook ups happen all the time with employees after happy hours, and most all young people are stuck up corny idiots that think their crap don't stink.

I hate it but it pays the most.

Word. This is exactly why I can't do the 9-5 thing. Just for an example of each:

1) Used to work with a guy who was the biggest butt-kiss since that Chicago Bears Hall of Famer and would snitch on you if he found out you were so much as taking pens home. (Dude once spent 3 months tracking one specific employee's arrival time to the minute, compiling them into a report for bossman) We found out that he got multiple raises during budget cuts that "froze pay rates and hiring".

2) I once had my phone out at work, which is against the rules even though everybody does it. A higher-up caught me and told me my phone should be locked in my desk during the workday, like I'm playing with a @+#$$*! Tamagotchi in 4th grade social studies. When I reminded him that people got items like iPods, $500 cash, food, and everydamnthing else stolen out of their desk on a regular basis, he said "well if it gets stolen, it gets stolen". Feeling yourself, dude...you don't say no *!*$ like that to a grown-%## man.

3/4) One (married) boss had a whole stable of corpubines he would "take to lunch" every so often. They had unlimited and untracked sick days, sometimes never came back from lunch, and generally got less %@$++*%* than everyone else. (On one occasion he was arguing with one and she screamed something like "but you wasn't saying that when you was trying to lick my %*+#@ and et my %##!" That shut him up fast.)

5) I can't name you a single office party/going away happy hour in which somebody didn't go home with somebody else.

6) Y'all have been on social networks, I don't have to illustrate that one.

This man knows.  You should share more.  I read up on people that take the effort to post.  May I ask what race were those people?

I don't know about others, or how its like, but my spots pretty chill.  There's just a whole lotta males though and in another department on our floor, there's 2 managers that run a show of corpubines as well.  It's not that they have a lot of afterwork thing going on, but the on stage scenarios they've created, make it hard to not speculate.

What I mean to say is, these 2 guys hire only females in their department.  Over the course of the year, there's been 2 males, with 1 remaining.  The rest of them are pretty good on the eyes.  But the recent one will turn heads, and I've seen the 2 guys spend a lot of time with her.  Closed door covos, walking to meetings, and all this stuff.  As if it isn't so obvious that good looking ones get the attention.  Damn creeps though..

Before I went corporate, I used to work at a chinese restaurant. Whatever you've heard is probably true.

The worst thing though is the fried rice. Do you know what Fried Rice is? It's left over rice from home that the chefs and workers bring to work. They bring it to work and cook that left over rice as 'fried rice'. I couldn't believe it, but that's just how it goes. They can even co mix it w/ the left overs at the restaurant.

Another thing I saw is how cigarette ashes fell into the food and all they do blow it off. They smoke while they cook. When the chefs taste the food, they just dip their finger in and out a few times.

The whole thing about food dropping on the floor and being served is true as well.

Originally Posted by henz0

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

my friend was telling me that the "grilled" chicken at subway is just paint

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I don't get it?

Some other odd stories from my job:

- The first year I worked at my company, there was a department where this white guy hired nothing but Asian girls to work for him. To no one's surprise, he transfered later to an office in Hong Kong. Dude had the fever bad.

- Another guy I worked with was this cool white guy and then one day when we came back from work from the weekend, we were all told that he no longer was coming in. Later on I found out he slept with some broker's girl and our company pretty much made him quit.

- In another near department of mine, there was this one girl that worked there that got hired soley for her looks. She was the typical blond that had breast implants. We all found out later that she was the side girl to Barry Bond's lawyer. She would come to work each day in a limo and the rumor was is she had a penthouse suite in SF that was paid for and she would always come in with LV bags that we knew she didn't buy. Later on, she messed with a guy at work and the lawyer found out and cut her off completely. She later got pregnant from the guy at work and now she's a house wife living in the burbs.

- This one guy got hired because his brother was a big broker in NYC. He had an english major and knew nothign of insurance. Every year, he would go out and look for other jobs. When another company offered to pay him more to leave us, he would present that to his boss and his boss would just give him a pay increase not to leave. It was like his own midyear bonus that he would do all the time.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Yeah

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)
RAs tend to be the biggest losers.
Haven't met one that isn't. Almost smashed this chick RA one time tho
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by stacksblowinpurp

Originally Posted by prison mike

^ Outlets. I remember one of the Florida outlets (kissimmee?) having a bunch of Kobe vi IDs last year for like $35.

nerd.gif
i always hear bout that outlet getting some gems... back when the grape 5s dropped i heard they were selling b grades for the low

b grades > campout

but then again thats juss me & looking back i kinda regret not camping out 4 em
ohwell.gif

Yea, they get plenty of gems but they also have a list of bulk buyers that get pretty much first dibs on everything there. 

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Niketown NY.

ID shoes actually take one week to make and 2 days to get to the store. We tell you it takes 4 weeks because 9/10 they always come messed up with missing letters or wrong color. I know for fact every time you ID shoe, about 3 pairs come messed up before the right one comes.

When celebrities come, they actually go straight to the stock room and try on at least 15 pairs of the same shoe and run in them before they pick the perfect one. Wonder why yours is pre creased? Blame kobe.

We actually get a fake pair of shoes in our stock every once in a while. We usually just give it to a homeless person or donate.

Twitter RSVP is rigged. The person that runs it almost picks the same people with the exception of new ones.

When the shoe takes forever to come up and we say " I'm gonna go down myself and get them " 8/10 we just walked to another floor and talk to like a girl or something, quick bite and then say to you sorry we don't have the shoe.

That's all I can think for now.
what do u guys do with the messed up ID pairs? and how do u get fake shoes in your stock?

We just save them as displays sometimes, sometimes stores buy them from us or have them back there taking up space. As for the fake shoe, we have no clue it seems one out of the bunch was made by someone fake, my theory is someone making it takes a real pair and switch it with a fake.

OR, when nice ID's get sent to the basement occasinally, S&R buys them
laugh.gif

The mark up on shoe cleaner is way greater than on shoes

It costs literally pennies to make.

Also, cell phone retailers can do ALOT to your bill..

Give you some of the most #bawse discounts if they like you, and have some pull.

^ Outlets. I remember one of the Florida outlets (kissimmee?) having a bunch of Kobe vi IDs last year for like $35.

Those likely came from NTNY. We ship stuff to Kissimee all the time.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

potus2028 wrote:

Mr Fongstarr wrote:

My job is your typical corporate world that I didn't know was real. Brown nosing gets you places, little man syndrome runs rampant, women sleep around to get up in the world, married men do sleep with their secretaries, hook ups happen all the time with employees after happy hours, and most all young people are stuck up corny idiots that think their crap don't stink.

I hate it but it pays the most.

Word. This is exactly why I can't do the 9-5 thing. Just for an example of each:

1) Used to work with a guy who was the biggest butt-kiss since that Chicago Bears Hall of Famer and would snitch on you if he found out you were so much as taking pens home. (Dude once spent 3 months tracking one specific employee's arrival time to the minute, compiling them into a report for bossman) We found out that he got multiple raises during budget cuts that "froze pay rates and hiring".

2) I once had my phone out at work, which is against the rules even though everybody does it. A higher-up caught me and told me my phone should be locked in my desk during the workday, like I'm playing with a @+#$$*! Tamagotchi in 4th grade social studies. When I reminded him that people got items like iPods, $500 cash, food, and everydamnthing else stolen out of their desk on a regular basis, he said "well if it gets stolen, it gets stolen". Feeling yourself, dude...you don't say no *!*$ like that to a grown-%## man.

3/4) One (married) boss had a whole stable of corpubines he would "take to lunch" every so often. They had unlimited and untracked sick days, sometimes never came back from lunch, and generally got less %@$++*%* than everyone else. (On one occasion he was arguing with one and she screamed something like "but you wasn't saying that when you was trying to lick my %*+#@ and et my %##!" That shut him up fast.)

5) I can't name you a single office party/going away happy hour in which somebody didn't go home with somebody else.

6) Y'all have been on social networks, I don't have to illustrate that one.

This man knows.  You should share more.  I read up on people that take the effort to post.  May I ask what race were those people?

I don't know about others, or how its like, but my spots pretty chill.  There's just a whole lotta males though and in another department on our floor, there's 2 managers that run a show of corpubines as well.  It's not that they have a lot of afterwork thing going on, but the on stage scenarios they've created, make it hard to not speculate.

What I mean to say is, these 2 guys hire only females in their department.  Over the course of the year, there's been 2 males, with 1 remaining.  The rest of them are pretty good on the eyes.  But the recent one will turn heads, and I've seen the 2 guys spend a lot of time with her.  Closed door covos, walking to meetings, and all this stuff.  As if it isn't so obvious that good looking ones get the attention.  Damn creeps though..

To answer your question, bossman was white and had a thing for the sistas, but damn could I go on forever about the *!$% that used to go on there...for starters, my department was all-black except for the informant and were looked down on by most of the other staff. After people started to put that together, they stuck the new white girl in with us and she was cool for a while, but eventually she was asked verbatim "why she wastes time with those people" and promoted to another department.

Also, one lawyer used to trade outside favors for better representation on some "just how bad do you want your man out of jail" *!$%. We had full-fledged crackheads in our midst, sex/drugs in offices (walked in on a dude doing a line once), blatant sexual harassment, the *!$% was a circus...and this was at the PD's office!

Before I went corporate, I used to work at a chinese restaurant. Whatever you've heard is probably true.

The worst thing though is the fried rice. Do you know what Fried Rice is? It's left over rice from home that the chefs and workers bring to work. They bring it to work and cook that left over rice as 'fried rice'. I couldn't believe it, but that's just how it goes. They can even co mix it w/ the left overs at the restaurant.

Another thing I saw is how cigarette ashes fell into the food and all they do blow it off. They smoke while they cook. When the chefs taste the food, they just dip their finger in and out a few times.

The whole thing about food dropping on the floor and being served is true as well.
Thank you sir. Chinese food is officially cut out of my diet.

Originally Posted by beh235

Another NTNY employee
pimp.gif

Mother effer I love chinese food, I always geyer pork fried rice with boneless ribs.

Another NTNY employee
pimp.gif

I told you that before man 
laugh.gif
. Sorry, no S&R secrets to be shared here. Not all things need to be know
roll.gif
roll.gif

More info on corpubines, though..

Does degree satisfied matter in the business corporate world?

For instance, a hard work with a bachelors compared to a butt kiss with a masters.

Another NTNY employee
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh yeah you did. I forget stuff fast lol. Catch you around bro.

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

As the title states, this thread is not intended to get anyone fired! 
Just for 
laugh.gif
eek.gif
sick.gif
, & 
indifferent.gif

I'll start... FNL doesn't have cameras, our ink tags won't explode if you walk out with merchandise, and no alarm will go off either.

Yet they make us put all those tags, & #*% on our merchandise! 
eyes.gif

Anyone else care to share?

Unless you work at a bank, the ink tags arent made to explode when you walk out the door.

They are made to explode when tampered with

Mother effer I love chinese food, I always geyer pork fried rice with boneless ribs.
Don't ever order fried rice.  Do you know why fried rice has its shape like that?  Because when its refrigerated, it hardens the rice to form its shape. The grains's shape is locked in.  You can NEVER COOK fried rice w/ fresh cooked rice because its too mushy.  That's just the realities of it, but Chinese Restaurants won't make white rice just for fried rice.  So they'll use left overs from home and at the restaurant to cook fried rice. LOL  I saw them bring bags in and some of the white rice had like shoyu spills from their home.  I was so sick of it.

When I bussed tables, I was told that if the cup and stuff hasn't been used, just leave it there, so that it saves time when we set the tables.  Even if the table was all messy and all, they told me to reuse it. lol

Also, the guy that cuts your roast duck, roast pork has probably used his hands to dig his nose. I"ve seen it. S#$# is gross.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh yeah you did. I forget stuff fast lol. Catch you around bro.
do you know chrissi?
nerd.gif

Yup, asian chick thats a huge lakers fan. We cool people. Ever since the lakers lost shes been a lil quiet lmao

Originally Posted by ricky409

More info on corpubines, though..

Does degree satisfied matter in the business corporate world?

For instance, a hard work with a bachelors compared to a butt kiss with a masters.

The real world is tough, and depending what you work, you can find a similarity in these 'stories'.  Those that BS will eventually get kicked out.  The real world is really a NO BS type of thing, depsite what you may believe.  Unless you are really highly associated w/ a big wig or whatever, then chances are you'll have to be SMART INSIDE AND OUT.  The bottom line is, you gotta know your she8t.  The Butt Kiss thing works for some, but the NO BS types won't have any of it.

Like in Acctg, I would think it's a NO BS profession, but say you were in administrative, then that's something diff't.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Yeah

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)
RAs tend to be the biggest losers.

Yup most enjoy getting others in trouble it seems. Were you compensated for writeups? Been written up for 1 beer can before
sick.gif
  @#$% RAs

... Is the chicken really dog though?

Back
Top Bottom