Secrets About Your Job...

Originally Posted by ricky409

More info on corpubines, though..

Does degree satisfied matter in the business corporate world?

For instance, a hard work with a bachelors compared to a butt kiss with a masters.

Degrees will get you that interview. The rest of it is based on how you are as a person and your work experence. Some people can come into an interview and leave with a 50k job. Some can do the same thing and leave with a lesser amount or more. It really is how you play that game when getting interviewed. You have to sell yourself enough where they think you are better then everyone else that is getting hired for the amount you are asking. I had managers that got paid less then the people that worked for him and that is only cause he started out low and only got so much of an increase when he got promoted. The worst thing you don't want to do is kiss butt only to get more work and no pay. Also one of the best ways to get paid more is to work for a company for 1-2 years and then leave to a competitor that is willing to pay more. My girl only started doing insurance for 3 years now and the first place she got paid 50k and she left to a competitor that offered her 70k. She also does way less work as well and her bonus are litterally 5 times more then what she got before.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

Before I went corporate, I used to work at a chinese restaurant. Whatever you've heard is probably true.

The worst thing though is the fried rice. Do you know what Fried Rice is? It's left over rice from home that the chefs and workers bring to work. They bring it to work and cook that left over rice as 'fried rice'. I couldn't believe it, but that's just how it goes. They can even co mix it w/ the left overs at the restaurant.

Another thing I saw is how cigarette ashes fell into the food and all they do blow it off. They smoke while they cook. When the chefs taste the food, they just dip their finger in and out a few times.

The whole thing about food dropping on the floor and being served is true as well.
... Is the chicken really dog though?

Yes Chicken.  But there are diff't grades of chicken as well.  The beef in beef brocolli is bad beef.  Literally processed beef in baking soda that gives it the crunch.   Too much of that will lead to hair loss.

Dog eatting is common in those areas though.

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

Originally Posted by Yeah

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)
RAs tend to be the biggest losers.
second week of my freshmen year... went to a party and met this girl who was smashed/about it/not the best looking (wanted nothing to do with her)

took her up to my dorm... walked to my RA's room... knocked on the door at about 2am, he answered in his boxers (ayo)

introduced him to the girl, shook his hand, and walked away... (he beat it up like a brrrrrrrrrr drummer chick)

never had to deal with any troubles from then on... in fact, got to walk in the cafe whenever I wanted free when he was up at the front
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I really hate you. I love chinese food and was ready to get some later. It was on my mind all day during work.

Before I went corporate, I used to work at a chinese restaurant. Whatever you've heard is probably true.

The worst thing though is the fried rice. Do you know what Fried Rice is? It's left over rice from home that the chefs and workers bring to work. They bring it to work and cook that left over rice as 'fried rice'. I couldn't believe it, but that's just how it goes. They can even co mix it w/ the left overs at the restaurant.

Another thing I saw is how cigarette ashes fell into the food and all they do blow it off. They smoke while they cook. When the chefs taste the food, they just dip their finger in and out a few times.

The whole thing about food dropping on the floor and being served is true as well.

Yes Chicken.  But there are diff't grades of chicken as well.  The beef in beef brocolli is bad beef.  Literally processed beef in baking soda that gives it the crunch.   Too much of that will lead to hair loss.

It all depends on where youre from. im asian and when i go to the states i try to avoid chinese food.
and homemade fried rice is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

I really hate you. I love chinese food and was ready to get some later. It was on my mind all day during work.

Not everything is bad, but that's just how they operate.

If you must, go to the PF CHANG, Americanized ones you see at the shopping malls.  They are cleaner, but the taste ain't the same.  Are you in NEW YORK?  I don't know the Chinese food there, but I figured it'd be pretty comparble.

What you want to order is something that's hot and cooked, like won ton and stuff.  Don't order fried rice.  STuff like mapo tofu is cooked and prepared a certain way.  NOt everything is bad.

Steve Madden has NO security at the store I work at, just cameras. You could walk off with a dozen shoes and all we can do is call the cops, who'll arrive 30 minutes later.

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

Steve Madden has NO security at the store I work at, just cameras. You could walk off with a dozen shoes and all we can do is call the cops, who'll arrive 30 minutes later.

If there is something that I've learned from getting caught shoplifting as a kid, is to just flat out run if you get caught. 99.9% of the time, no one will run after you and cops could care less once you step out of the store or mall.

I've worked at a Meat Market before. All i can say is, stay away from the Groundbeef. When we wanted groundbeef for ourselves, we did it properly. With nice pieces of chuck steak. But when it was on sale. Groundbeef consisted of old meat, beef ears, tongue, cheek, black meat that was going bad in a bin in the freezer, meat that fell on the floor stepped on, spit on etc. I sweep it up & basically dump in the grinder. I puked my first day. & that went in the grinder. Lol j/p. Over All. Disgusting

Thanks, I'm never eating hole-in-the-wall Chinese food spots ever again.

Used to work in debt collections. If you get a call saying you will be taken to court unless you pay this debt that you owed from X amount of years ago, plus a ridiculous amount of interest that's accrued over the years, 99.9% of the time nothing will happen to you if you don't pay.

The eggs at McDonald's for the Bagels and Biscuits are pre-made and frozen. But the eggs for McMuffins are made fresh every morning.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

The eggs at McDonald's for the Bagels and Biscuits are pre-made and frozen. But the eggs for McMuffins are made fresh every morning.

Wow. Makes total sense. The wonder the McMuffins are so much better.

Originally Posted by jm2000

RA at my University. The biggest secret? We have access to everything. Literally EVERYTHING. I'm talking about room access whenever we want, your permanent home address, your SSN, email, allergies, etc. And my university documented everything, so if you had an alcohol/weed/etc violation we could look it up and also read about the details and everyone who was involved. Normally it was just routine stuff but I was reading one and found out that another RA tried to hide under the sink when the campus security came to her room for a noise violation. We clowned her for a while for that.
roll.gif
I didn't really ever abuse my power except to leave notes in my girl's room every once in a while and to get card access to the other dorms (RAs have 24/7 access to every dorm hall,) but a guy a couple of years back got caught sneaking into girls' rooms and smelling their panties in their drawers.

The power structure changes from university to university, but we were pretty much allowed to do anything with very little/no consequence. I would order food on the school's account (they only documented charges, not who made them,) leave when I was on duty to go to parties (walkies would work up to 2 + miles away,) kick it with females past curfew, and essentially do nothing that was asked of me aside from the mandatory meetings/bulletin board changes, etc. It's a job that is really hard to be good at, and extremely easy to relax and not to anything for. One chick on staff threw a total of 3 events all year, and it was a "requirement" that we throw at least 1 educational event a month, and highly encouraged that we do 2 socials. (I just did one educational event that would double as my social, because I would usually just skip the educational part.)
Haven't met one that isn't. Almost smashed this chick RA one time tho
laugh.gif
Went to a Christian college and one of the female RAs invited me to her room and domed me up one weekend. Guys weren't allowed in girls dorms and vice versa. Didn't talk to her much after that and she stopped talking to me.

One of my friends works for State Farm, insurance is a crazy business... sky's the limit if you play your cards right.
Might look into it when I'm done with my MBA.

Too much money to be made.

If you are a hard worker, have a backbone when someone tries to take credit (usually the "butt kisser").  $**$ grinds my gears, it's "we" when it's all good but it's "you/him" when $**$ hits the fan.  
30t6p3b.gif

Even then, when you are a hard worker you will most likely be taken for granted.  That's when you bounce... or become bitter. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

One of my friends works for State Farm, insurance is a crazy business... sky's the limit if you play your cards right.
Might look into it when I'm done with my MBA.

Too much money to be made.

In what way though? As an agent?

roll.gif

Typically it's the people who are stupid enough to get caught that have bitter feelings towards RAs. Type of dudes to show out in front of their friends because they feel entitled.
grin.gif
If you get on a RA's good side they can be your best friend in the world. I couldn't tell you how many apartments I laced with multiple free pizzas just 'cause they would say "what's up" from time to time and not act like an immature idiot because of the stigma associated with the RA job. But the dudes who tried to scowl at me and throw me snide remarks? I was the biggest A-Hole in the world. And it wasn't because I had written them up or anything. They just generally didn't like me because they shared your same stagnant mindset.

During training they essentially tell you to snitch on your friends, go out of your way to find underage drinking, and stop at any room that you thought might be doing something against the rules. Very few actually take that to heart, but the ones who do make the rest of us out to be lame because they snitch like their life depended on it. I had a total of 3 write ups last year, one was because I got called to a room by the campus security, one because a dude was literally drowning because he had passed out in his tub (water was leaking from the 7th floor of the building to the basement,) and the other one was because a dude wanted to be a douche when I was just asking him to turn down the music. I would regularly take shots with the residents that I liked knowing they were underage, would show up stoned to my own events, and partied with a few girls/guys from other floors.

tl;dr most RAs are just average students, and your perception of them will heavily depend on how stupid you are and how much of their training they take to heart.
pimp.gif
Never was one cuz I didn't want to do any of the requirements (it's hilarious when nobody shows up to those educational events especially when you said you would
laugh.gif
) but I've smashed several of my female RAs and I would've extended that to the good looking ones in  the other 3 halls if I stayed long enough. Didn't know they had access to my SSN. That's a whole other hustle if one of those RAs were a real dirtbag.

The perks via smashing; If I had left my hat or anything or just said I left something in my friend's room (or anyone's room for that matter) and he was gone they'd open up dude's door for me
laugh.gif
They schooled me on how the cameras work, how to
pimp.gif
in my room without getting caught,  plus I got to use this one vacant room with it's on bathroom on the girls floor, I was leaving dumps and using it as smash room and a spot to lease to dudes visiting from other dorms
laugh.gif
, etc. Oh and the male RAs on my floor were cool as %!*#, always warn us about room checks had would help dispose of alcohol bottles. Nobody ever got written up.

Good times but some of them dude RAs were just plain lames.

Did not read any of [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]RunningFishy's[/color] post. You're not about to ruin chinese food for me, damn whistleblower.

Everything else posted is very interesting.

My contribution, the best position to be in in order to build you credit the fastest, is to be in 30% credit card debt. Having a credit card and paying it off every month is not really good idea.

Running Fishy can you tell me anything bad about General Tso Tso' chicken, fried chicken, or how they handle their french fries?

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Did not read any of [color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]RunningFishy's[/color] post. You're not about to ruin chinese food for me, damn whistleblower.

I skipped it too... I love beef and broccoli too much.

Originally Posted by Kiiing

Niketown NY.

ID shoes actually take one week to make and 2 days to get to the store. We tell you it takes 4 weeks because 9/10 they always come messed up with missing letters or wrong color. I know for fact every time you ID shoe, about 3 pairs come messed up before the right one comes.

When celebrities come, they actually go straight to the stock room and try on at least 15 pairs of the same shoe and run in them before they pick the perfect one. Wonder why yours is pre creased? Blame kobe.

We actually get a fake pair of shoes in our stock every once in a while. We usually just give it to a homeless person or donate.

Twitter RSVP is rigged. The person that runs it almost picks the same people with the exception of new ones.

When the shoe takes forever to come up and we say " I'm gonna go down myself and get them " 8/10 we just walked to another floor and talk to like a girl or something, quick bite and then say to you sorry we don't have the shoe.

That's all I can think for now.

I used to work on the third floor .. always wanted to be on the fifth. 
mad.gif
laugh.gif
I worked the 5th at another BIG NIKETOWN........stashin shoes in a good hiding spot or replacing barcodes with a cheaper shoe till you can pic them up on EP and when they go on sale FTW. Damn i miss working in that stockroom

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Oh yeah you did. I forget stuff fast lol. Catch you around bro.
do you know chrissi?
nerd.gif

Yup, asian chick thats a huge lakers fan. We cool people. Ever since the lakers lost shes been a lil quiet lmao

do you know julius?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom