See How Long It Takes A Pro Athlete To Earn Your Salary: ESPN Salary Crunch. (Damn)

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by WarMachine

lol @ all these justifications. I guess teachers are only worth $22k

- lol @ people like you still caught up on 'worth'
ohwell.gif

- peep my previous post.....answer the questions. tell me, what should we do with the money generated if we dont give it to the athletes? shoould the owner not make any money as well.
laugh.gif
where does the money for the team to even exist come from, bud?

ohwell.gif

- peep my previous post.....answer the questions. tell me, what should we do with the money generated if we dont give it to the athletes? shoould the owner not make any money as well.
laugh.gif

lmao  got to work over 400 years to reach lebron salary lmao time to get on the block, get that ALPO lifestyle going lmaoooooooo

lmao  got to work over 400 years to reach lebron salary lmao time to get on the block, get that ALPO lifestyle going lmaoooooooo

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

I would rather the players who are actually doing the work get paid than the owners who just sit in the offices
Why? The players are just glorified employees the owners are the ones who take all the financial risks.
Yea but the players are the main ones responsible for the teams revenue...The fans come to watch the PLAYERS...the fans buy the team merchandise because of the PLAYERS.....

I would rather the players who are actually doing the work get paid than the owners who just sit in the offices
Why? The players are just glorified employees the owners are the ones who take all the financial risks.
Yea but the players are the main ones responsible for the teams revenue...The fans come to watch the PLAYERS...the fans buy the team merchandise because of the PLAYERS.....

i'm assuming these numbers are straight from their contracts and doesn't include endorsements?

imagine lebron's numbers after nike money's included
sick.gif

i'm assuming these numbers are straight from their contracts and doesn't include endorsements?

imagine lebron's numbers after nike money's included
sick.gif

what if the players don't play well? what if they don't draw in a crowd or sell merchandise?

what if the players don't play well? what if they don't draw in a crowd or sell merchandise?

[h1]LeBron James makes $55,000 after the following...[/h1]
[table][tr][td].26 Games [/td][td]7.73 Points[/td][/tr][tr][td]1.97 Rebounds [/td][td]2.2 Assists[/td][/tr][/table]
You will need to work 333.64 years in order to make LeBron James' annual salary.

frown.gif

[h1]LeBron James makes $55,000 after the following...[/h1]
[table][tr][td].26 Games [/td][td]7.73 Points[/td][/tr][tr][td]1.97 Rebounds [/td][td]2.2 Assists[/td][/tr][/table]
You will need to work 333.64 years in order to make LeBron James' annual salary.

frown.gif

that player probably wouldn't have a huge contract to begin with. If that player is a superstar, then I highly doubt that they would go a full season playing horribly. As for the team being overall terrible, people still pay to see that superstar player just because they are a superstar. 
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh just got $100 million dollar contracts in miami, but they will make that team billions of dollars throughout their entire stay there. Not to mention the money they will bring to businesses throughout the city. Should they get paid more?

that player probably wouldn't have a huge contract to begin with. If that player is a superstar, then I highly doubt that they would go a full season playing horribly. As for the team being overall terrible, people still pay to see that superstar player just because they are a superstar. 
Lebron, Wade, and Bosh just got $100 million dollar contracts in miami, but they will make that team billions of dollars throughout their entire stay there. Not to mention the money they will bring to businesses throughout the city. Should they get paid more?

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

- you and many others are missing the point. regardless of where the money is coming form, you, me, NO ONE is going to change what people want to spend money on or where advertising dollars are spent. sure, we can #%$%* and complain all we want about who deserves what and the cycle will continue to repeat itself.

- what i proposed is a medium to please both parties. with what ive proposed the athletes keep their millions and we get better education for our children and higher salaries for our teachers..........'bud' 
smh.gif

....even still i have yet to hear an explanation for what we should do with these millions you deem athletes dont deserve. as stated, these are advertising dollars so they'll be generated regardless. so imagine you can do whatever you choose............what do we do with the money? do the owners just get to keep it? should it just vanish into thin air??

^ but of course i dont really expect an answer. cats on here are half talk. only able to talk about a point they heard someone else make but not smart enough to make a logical point of their own.

.........so for the third time, if the athletes dont 'deserve' it, then whats your proposal? *ill wait*
eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

- you and many others are missing the point. regardless of where the money is coming form, you, me, NO ONE is going to change what people want to spend money on or where advertising dollars are spent. sure, we can #%$%* and complain all we want about who deserves what and the cycle will continue to repeat itself.

- what i proposed is a medium to please both parties. with what ive proposed the athletes keep their millions and we get better education for our children and higher salaries for our teachers..........'bud' 
smh.gif

....even still i have yet to hear an explanation for what we should do with these millions you deem athletes dont deserve. as stated, these are advertising dollars so they'll be generated regardless. so imagine you can do whatever you choose............what do we do with the money? do the owners just get to keep it? should it just vanish into thin air??

^ but of course i dont really expect an answer. cats on here are half talk. only able to talk about a point they heard someone else make but not smart enough to make a logical point of their own.

.........so for the third time, if the athletes dont 'deserve' it, then whats your proposal? *ill wait*
eyes.gif

wow, just wow is all I can say for some of those salaries, for someone who IS NOT helping the world but just entertaining people.  After hearing things like the comments joe johnson made or seeing teams like the nets it really makes you wonder sometimes.  but society is responsible for ALL of this so if you can make the bread like this why not?  

wow, just wow is all I can say for some of those salaries, for someone who IS NOT helping the world but just entertaining people.  After hearing things like the comments joe johnson made or seeing teams like the nets it really makes you wonder sometimes.  but society is responsible for ALL of this so if you can make the bread like this why not?  

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh just got $100 million dollar contracts in miami, and they will make that team billions of dollars throughout their entire stay there. Not to mention the money they will bring to businesses throughout the city. Should they get paid more?
No. They aren't part owners of the team or any of the local business. Should they get money out of morals ya I guess but this is business the investors are always going to make more than the employees(the players no matter how you wanna look at it).

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

Lebron, Wade, and Bosh just got $100 million dollar contracts in miami, and they will make that team billions of dollars throughout their entire stay there. Not to mention the money they will bring to businesses throughout the city. Should they get paid more?
No. They aren't part owners of the team or any of the local business. Should they get money out of morals ya I guess but this is business the investors are always going to make more than the employees(the players no matter how you wanna look at it).

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

eyes.gif
They deserve to get paid but not these exorbitant salaries. I propose a cap of $30 million.

ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

smh.gif

eyes.gif
They deserve to get paid but not these exorbitant salaries. I propose a cap of $30 million.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by bijald0331

W/e. They deserve it.
Nah, they don't... But we cant say nothin because we provide the means to put that kind of money in front of them.

That's exactly why they deserve it. If we value them that much, they deserve to be making this much money.

Back
Top Bottom