Seeking relationship advice- Vol:Balllin' on a budget 2gether!

My boyfriend and I (yes I'm a box lol) are freshmans in College; we've been in a mature relationship together for over a year now so you could imagine how comfortable we are with one another. This morning he texted me an un-sugarcoated fyi, informing me our going outs (dinner, movies, shopping, etc) will have to slow it's roll unless I take over the expenses for now- since he will soon gain more financial responsibilties.

Of course I don't mind having his back till he gets back on his feet. But when he does- I want to start budgeting our expenses (Balance our giving &taking). Any advice how to set limits w/o making money a problem for us.

Thanks NT

ATT cliffnote readers! ONLY READ colored TEXTS!
wink.gif

My boyfriend and I (yes I'm a box lol) are freshmans in College; we've been in a mature relationship together for over a year now so you could imagine how comfortable we are with one another. This morning he texted me an un-sugarcoated fyi, informing me our going outs (dinner, movies, shopping, etc) will have to slow it's roll unless I take over the expenses for now- since he will soon gain more financial responsibilties.

Of course I don't mind having his back till he gets back on his feet. But when he does- I want to start budgeting our expenses (Balance our giving &taking). Any advice how to set limits w/o making money a problem for us.

Thanks NT

ATT cliffnote readers! ONLY READ colored TEXTS!
wink.gif

Just have movie nights at home. Bring take out whatever it is you guys like and watch a movie or whatever it may be. Might wanna cook food now instead of going out to eat. Sign up for free stuff around your way like cooupons and comedy clubs

Just have movie nights at home. Bring take out whatever it is you guys like and watch a movie or whatever it may be. Might wanna cook food now instead of going out to eat. Sign up for free stuff around your way like cooupons and comedy clubs

Genious cliffnoting.

It appears to me that you guys are growing up....learn to cook.

Genious cliffnoting.

It appears to me that you guys are growing up....learn to cook.

if you want balance just pay sometimes

depending on your school there's probably plenty of date type stuff you can do on campus for cheap if not free...

if you want balance just pay sometimes

depending on your school there's probably plenty of date type stuff you can do on campus for cheap if not free...

maybe you can start selling blood or something to get some money. possibly look for a better job?

maybe you can start selling blood or something to get some money. possibly look for a better job?

Originally Posted by leopardbrain

he pays for the majority of your things?

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

You'll get really useful advice if you post pics

hint hint

You're right! Let me go get my camera and find the most seductive, rated NT, pic of him for ya
tongue.gif

he pays for the majority of your things?

hint hint

You're right! Let me go get my camera and find the most seductive, rated NT, pic of him for ya
tongue.gif

hint hint
tongue.gif
The guy u are dating is so lucky! He's is dating a girl with very sensible and rational thinking and good common sense. I am happy for him!!!!!

hint hint
tongue.gif
The guy u are dating is so lucky! He's is dating a girl with very sensible and rational thinking and good common sense. I am happy for him!!!!!

Easy, expect to pay dutch every time. However, if you would like to pay or he would like to pay don't expect a return in the future. And btw, your relationship isn't mature if your both college freshman. Just saying...

Easy, expect to pay dutch every time. However, if you would like to pay or he would like to pay don't expect a return in the future. And btw, your relationship isn't mature if your both college freshman. Just saying...

Netflix is a great investment. Lots of movies and you can just cook at home. Saves tons of money. Do game nights as well.

Back
Top Bottom