Seinfeld came out 25 yrs ago today vol.....Mulva???

Very few shows start out good and never go down hill from there. This show is timeless. It's like a real life version of the Simpsons (old Simpsons). Could watch it over and over again

I always tell people that Seinfeld is the GOAT show

I don't think one episode is stupid or boring

Wow didn't realize it had been that long. Great show but I think Curb passed it in a number of ways.

Marble+Rye.jpg

Idk everyone I know who doesn't like Seinfeld is usually slow to get jokes

Years later, I still don't understand how this show is funny and I laugh at almost anything. :\

Watch the episode where Kramer is serenaded by Mel Torme and then get back to me. Quite possibly one of the funniest episodes of TV I've EVER seen. From the strength shoes, the mouth full of novocaine, and the fugazi award ceremony, it's non-stop laughs.

every one of my firends who would give me the side eye about loves it now... its too much real life in there

If anybody recalls in the first season had Jerry's dad played by a different actor and dude wasn't funny. Jerrys parents were different and Kramers antics weren't as comical and less george antics as well.

Show didn't really take off till it was nearly got taken off the air. Thank The Lord it made it through.

george had a different dad too & they swapped to the goat ... dont know which show hes better in seinfeld or king of queens

If anybody recalls in the first season had Jerry's dad played by a different actor and dude wasn't funny. Jerrys parents were different and Kramers antics weren't as comical and less george antics as well.

Show didn't really take off till it was nearly got taken off the air. Thank The Lord it made it through.

The father was different, but I recall the mom being the same. The dynamic between them wasn't there which is probably why they replaced him with the GOAT Morty. "MY Wallet's gone".

I don't think any of them felt it would last after the first season, I'm so glad it did. I got better and better each year.

Years later, I still don't understand how this show is funny and I laugh at almost anything. :\

Sorry to hear that, do you get the jokes, or are they over your head? I'm just curious, because even if you don't like the writing and the acting the comedy is right there.

Still can watch every re-run.... Never gets old...

Same here, I laugh like it was the first time seeing the episode still.

Very few shows start out good and never go down hill from there. This show is timeless. It's like a real life version of the Simpsons (old Simpsons). Could watch it over and over again

Word.

Wow didn't realize it had been that long. Great show but I think Curb passed it in a number of ways.

The only thing I truly like about Curb is the fact they don't have scripts, all they get is an outline of the scenes and they just run with it. That is amazing to me, and for them to do that for 8 seasons and every show still bring the laughs is good thing. The introduction of the Black family was a plus, but Leon truly stole the show. The scenes with him and Larry together was Gold.

Tim Whatley should be considered recurring, he is memorable minor character.

Watch the episode where Kramer is serenaded by Mel Torme and then get back to me. Quite possibly one of the funniest episodes of TV I've EVER seen. From the strength shoes, the mouth full of novocaine, and the fugazi award ceremony, it's non-stop laughs.
And...I'm turning off Breaking Bad, which I've never seen all the way through but I'm on season 4, and putting this episode on. Seinfeld >

Show was genius, pure and simple. Even if you don't find it funny, if you are an adult you have to appreciate the situations...like every episode was just a commentary on adulthood.

Ive tried to which this and friends as a kid and didn't think they were funny. Now as an adult I still do not find a lot of it funny. I did like the episode where Elaine cheats on the exam for geogre because his girl wanted to see how smart he was lol. Other than that not really. Ive DVR'd like 10 episodes and couldnt bare to watch after the 5th. :rolleyes

^^^ u seen "the contest"?

Some arent laugh out loud funny but the writing is great.

Definitely the GOAT sitcom it's funny cause I know for a fact if we would've had cable growing up I would have never watched a episode

The writing was genius and a lot of the plot felt like real scenarios that you may have experienced but never really took the time out to analyze ( a lot were taken from Larry David's life) from the regifting to the ugly baby

I still need to shell out for the box set :smh:

Who are y'all's favorite recurring character? Off top of my head I'm probably going with crazy joe davola or frank costanza :lol:

Oh, Frank Costenza is the best recurring character in any TV show. Then Newman, if he counts. Then, I like Uncle Leo 'but I'm old' then Puddy. I also like Mr. Petermen and Kenny Banya provides me with an everyday quote 'gold Jerry, gold' swear I say that whenever I have a good idea, people be look at me like I'm crazy.

Last edited:
Definitely the GOAT sitcom it's funny cause I know for a fact if we would've had cable growing up I would have never watched a episode

The writing was genius and a lot of the plot felt like real scenarios that you may have experienced but never really took the time out to analyze ( a lot were taken from Larry David's life) from the regifting to the ugly baby

I still need to shell out for the box set
mean.gif

Who are y'all's favorite recurring character? Off top of my head I'm probably going with crazy joe davola or frank costanza
laugh.gif
"TAKE THE PEN!"

"High five."

I still need to shell out for the box set :smh:

Who are y'all's favorite recurring character? Off top of my head I'm probably going with crazy joe davola or frank costanza :lol:

frank costanza over all

speaking of i had a seinfeld moment over the weekend

walking up to my firends apt with my gf & this random guy walks up & trys to slide in the gate behind us. i said "do you have a key? i dont want to be the guy who let a robber or something in the building" he just looked at me crazy but never responded(as i close the gate in his face).... we get to the actual entrance door & while im typing in the entry code & he glides between me & the gf with his KEY, unlocked the door & just gave me the nastiest stink face :rofl:

Last edited:

I still need to shell out for the box set
mean.gif

Who are y'all's favorite recurring character? Off top of my head I'm probably going with crazy joe davola or frank costanza
laugh.gif
frank costanza over all

walking up to my firends apt with my gf & this random guy walks up & trys to slide in the gate behind us. i said "do you have a key? i dont want to be the guy who let a robber or something in the building" he just looked at me crazy but never responded.... we get to the actual entrance door & while im typing in the entry code & he glides between me & the gf with his KEY, unlocked the door & just gave me the nastiest stink face
roll.gif
Was the entry code "BOSCO"?

I always think about situations today that could be a great modern day Seinfeld episode

frank costanza over all

walking up to my firends apt with my gf & this random guy walks up & trys to slide in the gate behind us. i said "do you have a key? i dont want to be the guy who let a robber or something in the building" he just looked at me crazy but never responded(as i close the gate in his face).... we get to the actual entrance door & while im typing in the entry code & he glides between me & the gf with his KEY, unlocked the door & just gave me the nastiest stink face :rofl:

:rofl: Oh that is classic, almost makes the awkwardness worth it for the Seinfeld comparison. Just make sure you don't hide any keys in his pet food :lol:

Back
Top Bottom