Seized and confiscated. Bamboozled with COUNTERFEIT MONEY. PICS

So I go to my bank to deposit $200 to my account and the teller had to forward me and the bills to the manager. Apparently the bills were counterfeit. Lady told me that they could not deposit the amount to my account and that they had to keep the bills and send it to authorities.

Folks were treating me as if I personally made the bills. Smh. They took my information and filed a Counterfeit Note Report to Homeland Security. So I pretty much took a $200 loss and the only way I could somehow get it back is by filing it as loss when I do my taxes.

I would've never thought Id end up with counterfeit money. I did at least 10 sneaker meetups this past month or so, so I know it came from one of these dudes. Has this happened to anyone else before?!

View media item 210102

View media item 210103

Last edited:
damn that sucks. did these fake bills have the line on them wen u lifted them in the light?

That's messed up my dude. Just chalk it up as a loss. It sounds weird, but if you plan to continue doing meet ups, either invest in a counterfeit detecting marker or do meet ups at banks only. Can't trust clowns these days.

rec'd counterfeit bills in the street and just had to pass 'em on, the cycle basically continues until a store/bank catches 'em.. what alerted the bank to them being fake? did they not pass the marker test? 

Damn that sucks op :smh:

I think I remember a similar situation with a another NTer. Just some advice if you're gonna be doing that many meet-ups get yourself one of the pens to check the bills. I've had a few sellers use them before on me.

Hope you get your money back

as i've mentioned before do all transactions in bank lobbys...

they can check to make sure the currency is not counterfeit and they are everywhere.

plus they are open till maybe 6 anyone insisting to do business at dark is an instant red flag...its not worth it.

Damn, wish you wouldve noticed before you took them to the bank, I wouldve tried to pass/exchange them off somewhere else like a clothing store or maybe somewhere less strict.

rec'd counterfeit bills in the street and just had to pass 'em on, the cycle basically continues until a store/bank catches 'em.. what alerted the bank to them being fake? did they not pass the marker test? 
in the bank they put it through a machine which counts the bills and is a counterfeit checke

Damn that sucks op :smh:

I think I remember a similar situation with a another NTer. Just some advice if you're gonna be doing that many meet-ups get yourself one of the pens to check the bills. I've had a few sellers use them before on me.

Hope you get your money back
yeah some guy tryed selling his og 12's and the person gave him fake money and tryed to run away to his car, got his *** whooped and dude got his fake money thrown in his face

I'm honestly surprised this is the first time happening to a NTer. I always knew some grimy dudes would use fake bills on Craigslist meet ups :smh:

Yep, it had the line. That's usually the first thing I check. They didn't even bother doing the marker test. Teller said it was the feel/texture of the bill that gave it away. I figured it was just crispy fresh bills. It never crossed my mind that I'd get hit with a counterfeit bill, so may just buy one of those markers.

tumblr_lrjchvgBQA1qa17kio1_400.gif

Yep, it had the line. That's usually the first thing I check. They didn't even bother doing the marker test. Teller said it was the feel/texture of the bill that gave it away. I figured it was just crispy fresh bills. It never crossed my mind that I'd get hit with a counterfeit bill, so may just buy one of those markers.
damn i know what you mean about the crispy fresh bills too, they feel different but arent necessarily fake

theres still counterfeits that can pass that marker test too..

how did you not know they were fake? it's very simple to tell a bill is fake just by feeling or looking at it; you dont need a machine to tell that it's fake.
mean.gif
at yall talking about markers and doing meetups inside bank lobbys. i used to work at a bank, it's standard procedure to take your info down, because really, literally everyone can tell a bill is fake, so it's a bit suspicious to not know they were fake, other than defrauding the bank.

how did you not know they were fake? it's very simple to tell a bill is fake just by feeling or looking at it; you dont need a machine to tell that it's fake.
mean.gif
at yall talking about markers and doing meetups inside bank lobbys. i used to work at a bank, it's standard procedure to take your info down, because really, literally everyone can tell a bill is fake, so it's a bit suspicious to not know they were fake, other than defrauding the bank.
obviously its been a while since youve worked at a bank the counterfeits going around can pass the watermark,marker and are even printed on the same paper as legit bills.

oh yeah he ripped himself off.

obviously its been a while since youve worked at a bank the counterfeits going around can pass the watermark,marker and are even printed on the same paper as legit bills.

oh yeah he ripped himself off.
the machine wouldve ate it, if we actually find that it's counterfeit, it goes back to my original post, being that it's terribly obvious.

yeah op def ripped himself off, probably saw two bens, pocketed, and dapped.

I know we live in a card world now, but the texture of the bills are an immediate give away. Sorry for your loss.

Is it me or have the past few scam threads been resellers?  Either way, you won't get in any trouble OP unless your finger prints are the only ones on it...

Damn fam, sucks but I usually weary of any $100 bill that passes my hands, can't even trust banks... The messed up part Is if a bank gives you a counterfeit one and you don't notice it then and there your the one that loses, yet they have insurance to cover their losses :smh:

Back
Top Bottom