Self defense and killing a man?

i always wondered this. when is it lawful to kill a human being? does a gun have to be pointed at your head for it to be constituted as self defense and thedeath of the other individual as a viable option? there's a lot of gray area when this issue comes up. how close does the knife or gun have to be to youbefore you can put em to rest? someone's bound to be put into this situation, and i guess its best to know the consequences ahead of time...of courseyou're gonna pick yourself over him. but what if the court decides against your favor in which they think your action was excessive, then you're effedfor jail time, but at least not dead?

figured gun owners that tested for their license would know this best

just a random pondering

Situations where its clear your life or others on the line. Such as guns to head, he was carrying a bomb or unlicnesed gun, or You clearly were being beatenthe *#@% up till you almost died. There are other situations of insanty like your daughter was raped by a person or you found a family memeber of yours deadand you right then and there went and killed that man

If someone @#@+# with me or my fam.....they dead. That's self defense in my book. And by @#@+# I mean something real serious like assault or rape somethinglike that.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Situations where its clear your life or others on the line. Such as guns to head, he was carrying a bomb or unlicnesed gun, or You clearly were being beaten the *#@% up till you almost died. There are other situations of insanty like your daughter was raped by a person or you found a family memeber of yours dead and you right then and there went and killed that man

thats legal?!? im guessing you get put into rehab for a certain duration but man...all this time, they've been talking about how revenge isnt worth it...

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

Situations where its clear your life or others on the line. Such as guns to head, he was carrying a bomb or unlicnesed gun, or You clearly were being beaten
the *#@% up till you almost died. There are other situations of insanty like your daughter was raped by a person or you found a family memeber of yours dead
and you right then and there went and killed that man

thats legal?!? im guessing you get put into rehab for a certain duration but man...all this time, they've been talking about how revenge isnt worth it...

that's not legal, but people have gotten off 'not guilty' for reason of insanity.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Situations where its clear your life or others on the line. Such as guns to head, he was carrying a bomb or unlicnesed gun, or You clearly were being beaten
the *#@% up till you almost died. There are other situations of insanty like your daughter was raped by a person or you found a family memeber of yours dead
and you right then and there went and killed that man

that's not legal, but people have gotten off 'not guilty' for reason of insanity.

Meaning its kinda legal and SHOULD BE IN THE LAW BOOK

You use non-deadly force against non-deadly force and deadly force if your attacker is using deadly force.

and if non-deadly force happens to kill em, then it's accidental manslaughter which writes off as a slap on the wrist?

realistically, a small portion of a judge's ruling just may be based on your ethnicity

i know being a minority probably isnt going to help my case any aha... =/

Seriously for me, if I felt my life or someone near me life was being threatened, I would try to just hurt the person first but if they keep coming what choicedo you have? Especially if someone has a knife to you're throat or gun pointing at you?

The laws on applying deadly force vary from state to state. I hear FL has it lovely
laugh.gif

But from what I remember, in PA, u have to make an attempt to get away before you are allowed to apply deadly force and scream duress. U have to at least tryto avoid the assailant by 2+ steps. You also have to feel that your life is threatened and prove that beyond a reasonable doubt. This also applies withapplying deadly force to save the life of another person.

If there is reason to believe that you could have avoided the situation or that your life wasn't in danger, u could be charged w/ involuntary manslaughter,but it depends on what u did to kill the person. 1 shot at em which happens to strike their heart hence killin them would get u less time than shootin them,seein that they have been deterred and then emptying a clip into em.

It's a lot of things that have to go into the scenario to determine would could possibly happen as far as the outcome. Hope this helps a lil

wth is 'kinda legal'?

you're outta your mind

Legal its not but you can get the charges dropped if you present your case right. What jury gonna put a man in jail for killing his daughters rapist?

You legitimately feel your life is in danger at that moment and you have no escape. Legally speaking. Good luck proving it though.

wth is 'kinda legal'?

you're outta your mind

Legal its not but you can get the charges dropped if you present your case right. What jury gonna put a man in jail for killing his daughters rapist?
It depends on the time frame between the rape and the killing. If they happend very closely together then u MIGHT get away w/ it by claimingemotional distress, etc etc. But if u kill the rapist let's say 1month after the rape then that's premeditated murder, Mens Rea, and that's a bigno no

Originally Posted by jordanhead7792

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Does this fall under murder or self defense?
it would be considered murder IMO cuz the other person didnt attack first he just walked up to him

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Murder
laugh.gif
He had no reason to feel his life was really threatened. Dude was a henchman for cryin out loud
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Does this fall under murder or self defense?
it would be considered murder IMO cuz the other person didnt attack first he just walked up to him

and
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Murder
laugh.gif
He had no reason to feel his life was really threatened. Dude was a henchman for cryin out loud
roll.gif
But Gamble did warn him that his boy was going to rip his head off. I mean decapitating a man from his head is serious.
laugh.gif
Yes dude was a henchman but he was reaching for his head in a threateningmanner when all the Joker trying to do was talk business and get his Chris Angel on.
laugh.gif

^ depends on the state, just google home invasion protection laws

wth is 'kinda legal'?

you're outta your mind

you can't look at legal situations like that, at least not when a legal question is asked. plus, if it was legal to kill someone you would have all kindsof stipulations like how long after? is there a super mario star type thing that you get to do whatever you want with impunity until the lil song stopsplaying?

so once they step foot into your house, theyre at your mercy?
basically
Pretty much. There is an amount of space which is justified as personal space. Ur home, ur private place of refuge is personal space

Back
Top Bottom