Self Made Vol. 1 compared to Diplomatic Immunity

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I like Ross but you can't be serious. You can pick any random track off of Diplomatic Immunity and it would be better
than the entire Self-Made album.

roll.gif
com'on man

***EDIT: 

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

You guys do realize that outside of Niketalk most heads ain't even feeling DI like that. I love that album and know that it's better than Self Made, but I was just pointing out similarities. 
Maybe in 2012, but from the year before DI came out til 05/early 06, everybody everywhere was feeling Dipset.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Self-Made is cool... But Diplomatic Immunity is a classic. No comparison, imo.

This and I dont even @%@% with Dipset like that but this album is a classic. Probably the only album from them I listen to.

Ninjahood rolling over in his grave.

I never said that Self Made was better than Diplomatic Immunity, or even as good.

You guys do realize that outside of Niketalk most heads ain't even feeling DI like that. I love that album and know that it's better than Self Made, but I was just pointing out similarities.

Self Made has no classic songs? For real? Damn near half the album took over the streets.

As far as ushering the era comments, ok that was a mistatement. Clearly sped up samples and trap beats were out before either album, but IMO both albums were symbolic for the respective types of production.

But I'll take the L for now, 10 years from now when dudes are like "Damn, that album was crack" I'll be vindicated.
Classic songs on Self Made ? compared to that of DI you my friend are buggin
"600 Benz" to that of "I really need it"...sit down and really think about what your saying. 

i like mmg but no one that roster has even made song on the level of dipset anthem

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yall was goin haha thank you for the nostalgia, reminds me of back in the day on here

pimp.gif

I never said that Self Made was better than Diplomatic Immunity, or even as good.

Self Made has no classic songs? For real? Damn near half the album took over the streets.

As far as ushering the era comments, ok that was a mistatement. Clearly sped up samples and trap beats were out before either album, but IMO both albums were symbolic for the respective types of production.

But I'll take the L for now, 10 years from now when dudes are like "Damn, that album was crack" I'll be vindicated.
Naw I dont know that.  I know plenty of people who dont even like rap who know plenty songs off DI.  And no Self Made was not crack.  And I would like to think that Thug Motivation 101 was the launching pad for trap beats as far as the mainstream went...or even (if you want to go more recent) the Albert Anastasia joint.  But cmon B

You've got to be trollin.
There's nothing memorable about Self Made. It was alright for what it was, but that's really it.

And what classic songs are you possibly talking about? I'ma Boss was the biggest hit on the album and that's not even a classic.

I don't know if the OP was serious, but everybody who's replied has pretty much nailed it.  I live in Philly and get hype anytime I hear "I'm A Boss" in the club, but all things considered, Self-Made is a pretty forgettable album.  DI captured what was great about hip-hop at that moment like few, if any, other album at the time.  This shouldn't even be up for discussion.

Dipset > MMG

only dudes on MMG that are worth anything are Rick Ross & Meek Mill, Wale sucks & that other long beard dude really doesn't get my attention, and don't get me started with Omarion
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom