Serious question...Has anyone here dated a woman with a kid?

Had a girlfriend for almost 3 years that had 2 boys, ages 4 and 5. Wouldn't go down that road again, at least not as quickly and not under the same circumstances. Like others have said, it's gut-wrenching to leave the kids behind when the breakup happens. I still think about those kids to this day and it was a few years ago. I was just way too young to get involved in all that. She was older than me and wanted way more commitment, etc... way too soon. I think even if she wasn't much older than me, we'd still have issue cause a girl with a kid already has one of lifes big milestones out of the way, so she feels like she has to catch up with the others, i.e. she wants the husband, the house, etc... right NOW. Just puts way too much pressure on you as a man to take on responsibilities that aren't even yours.

Also, as someone said earlier, it's ALWAYS gonna be her-and-her-child VS. you. Always. She might work with you and side with you on some things, but for the most part, if you have issues with her kid, she doesn't see you as her man or the kids father figure, you're just some outside enemy attacking her cub. Never ends well for the guy in that situation.

Had a girlfriend for almost 3 years that had 2 boys, ages 4 and 5. Wouldn't go down that road again, at least not as quickly and not under the same circumstances. Like others have said, it's gut-wrenching to leave the kids behind when the breakup happens. I still think about those kids to this day and it was a few years ago. I was just way too young to get involved in all that. She was older than me and wanted way more commitment, etc... way too soon. I think even if she wasn't much older than me, we'd still have issue cause a girl with a kid already has one of lifes big milestones out of the way, so she feels like she has to catch up with the others, i.e. she wants the husband, the house, etc... right NOW. Just puts way too much pressure on you as a man to take on responsibilities that aren't even yours.

Also, as someone said earlier, it's ALWAYS gonna be her-and-her-child VS. you. Always. She might work with you and side with you on some things, but for the most part, if you have issues with her kid, she doesn't see you as her man or the kids father figure, you're just some outside enemy attacking her cub. Never ends well for the guy in that situation.

i have ... never met the kid ... moms stayed busy ... and when she wanted to see me, she dropped the kid off with fam ...

i have ... never met the kid ... moms stayed busy ... and when she wanted to see me, she dropped the kid off with fam ...

Originally Posted by MASERATI HARM

I have ..

takes patience ..

She kept a +$%+* fed tho ..
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 YES

I have. She had two kids. All I had to do was act interested in being in the kid's lives and show up to their school programs. The father of the children was a huge heroin addict. Slipping in and out of prison. I took care of him. He later died in prison. She was a sweet girl and totally oblivious to the fact that I was moonlighting as a serial killer.

I have. She had two kids. All I had to do was act interested in being in the kid's lives and show up to their school programs. The father of the children was a huge heroin addict. Slipping in and out of prison. I took care of him. He later died in prison. She was a sweet girl and totally oblivious to the fact that I was moonlighting as a serial killer.

Originally Posted by manny1

not this topic again. every month this question comes up. OP if your single with no kids then i suggest you not get into a relationship with a girl with kids. if so be ready to have your freedom taken away from you. if you are expecting on having all the attention and wanting to go out every weekend just the two of you then dont bother. if you’re just going to smash or have it on the side then by all means go right ahead.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by manny1

not this topic again. every month this question comes up. OP if your single with no kids then i suggest you not get into a relationship with a girl with kids. if so be ready to have your freedom taken away from you. if you are expecting on having all the attention and wanting to go out every weekend just the two of you then dont bother. if you’re just going to smash or have it on the side then by all means go right ahead.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Yes multiple times its not a big deal just be ready to be #2 in her life, to be honest i like it that way chicks with kids should always be worried about there kids 1st so most wont be on your back all the time...

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Yes multiple times its not a big deal just be ready to be #2 in her life, to be honest i like it that way chicks with kids should always be worried about there kids 1st so most wont be on your back all the time...

Chick i'm hittin now has 2 kids..I never met them though because I only come over when they sleep
laugh.gif
. She knows I'm not ready to play daddy though

Chick i'm hittin now has 2 kids..I never met them though because I only come over when they sleep
laugh.gif
. She knows I'm not ready to play daddy though

yea i did, we were both around 19-20 at the time

positives: she's "active"
laugh.gif

negatives: no babysitter = no alone time, when it doesn't work out the kid's heart gets broke cause he thought he finally had a daddy

yea i did, we were both around 19-20 at the time

positives: she's "active"
laugh.gif

negatives: no babysitter = no alone time, when it doesn't work out the kid's heart gets broke cause he thought he finally had a daddy

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Currently talking to one, but nothing serious. I'll shall see where it goes. Any suggestions?
laugh.gif
cept i dont want suggestions, i dont see it going far, just cause i aint ready for none of that and again we just friends who F!!!n

but she a cool girl...(smash the homies too lol) definately not goin nowhere lol

Originally Posted by BgL2687

Currently talking to one, but nothing serious. I'll shall see where it goes. Any suggestions?
laugh.gif
cept i dont want suggestions, i dont see it going far, just cause i aint ready for none of that and again we just friends who F!!!n

but she a cool girl...(smash the homies too lol) definately not goin nowhere lol

Yup i was in a relationship for 5 years with a chick who had a kid. DO NOT DO IT. You will regret it in the end. You will always come second. And when ya'll break up not only will you lose her, you will lose the kid you've become so attached to.

Yup i was in a relationship for 5 years with a chick who had a kid. DO NOT DO IT. You will regret it in the end. You will always come second. And when ya'll break up not only will you lose her, you will lose the kid you've become so attached to.

Back
Top Bottom